McDavid reaching the end of his rope?

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Never mind the fact he building a sick house in Edmonton at the moment.

Spector just likes to stir up ****

Houses can be sold ....I seen players buy new houses and 3-5 months later traded out of town...

In today's game the kids are not so "patient".....
You see Nate Mac flippin' out in Colorado?? He is tired of that losing 5 years in .....

Ok ,if McDavid came to the Oilers and the Oilers was like Detroit making playoffs 25 yrs in a row ..now taking a quick rebuild,yeah he'd be willing to have more patience...or If Oilers was half decent for years before he showed up .... THE TROUBLE IS he can look all the way back to the years before he showed up and see it's been a sad song since 2007? Don't worry will fix it ...BUT it aint getting better...that's a scary thing...IF for example the Oilers come back next season and go crap again? I say he (Connor) is a goner...we are talking 5 years into his career with Oilers... a team that goes 1 step ahead 3 behind....everyone got a breaking point...I feel bad for all Oilers fans..

If McDavid says OUT ...this will set the team back another 8 -10 years....IMHO

Last edited:

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Good hires can make all the difference in the world. Not sure there’s a Lamourillo and Trotz out there and even if there was if they’d want to come here.

sometimes it is that simple...you see New owners...Garth Snow tossed out of the GM chair....JT boots town.(that's goona sink Isles they say)..Lou and Barry jump in ... and a first place team going to playoffs...IF all the Oilers management was turfed out and Lou and Barry came to Edmonton? the days of being a joke would have been over..no question.....BUT....

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
He really doesn't.
He is a poster boy for the NHL and would not ruin his reputation by requesting out. It's nothing more than fans freaking out.

He really does.
Of course the operative word in @HK97 's post is 'if'.
I dont think its come to that point yet and it may never get to that point but 'if' it does there is nothing Katz or anybody else will be able to do.
Connor's stature is such that he will be able to dictate whether or not he remains an Oiler.

'If' that happens this franchise will takes years to recover if it recovers at all. They have proven just how inept they are with Connor...imagine for second how bad it would get if Connor wasnt here.

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeYEG

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I’ve posted before that my disgust with the Toronto media began in 1985. During the intermission of a playoff game the talking heads on HNIC were discussing what a good idea it would be for the league if the Oilers traded Wayne Gretzky. He belonged in a market like New York, Toronto or LA and he was being wasted in Edmonton. I thought it was quite a slap in the face to Oilers fans.

Figured I’d bring it up because I heard the same conversation today on Bob McCown’s Primetime show on Sportsnet. Bob brought the topic up and suggested McDavid should ask for a trade if he hasn’t already. It was talked about with Jeff Blair, Arash Madani and Richard Dietsch. I’m a regular listener to this show and it’s the first time I’ve heard it talked about before. Blair obviously loved the idea (he was the idiot who thought in 2014 that the league should have rigged the draft to give McDavid to the Leafs because they deserve him), he thought just the story itself would be so much fun to cover and everyone would love it. They concluded that it wasn’t “if” McDavid would ask for a trade but “when”. Was probably a ten minute conversation and they were at least five minutes in before Madani had the sense to apologize to Oiler fans for talking about this.

I didn’t think this was much of a possibility before but I suspect if the Toronto media is talking about it then there’s probably a reason for it.

I cant stand those Toronto media hacks.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I cant stand those Toronto media hacks.
With the exception of Blair, the other three are really good. I was shocked to hear McCown bring this up. I’ve listened to him almost everyday for years. He usually doesn’t bring up this kind of stuff unless he’s been tipped off about something. He's also a personal friend of Nicholson. I wonder if the request has either been made or if the Oilers themselves believe it’s coming.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
With the exception of Blair, the other three are really good. I was shocked to hear McCown bring this up. I’ve listened to him almost everyday for years. He usually doesn’t bring up this kind of stuff unless he’s been tipped off about something. He's also a personal friend of Nicholson. I wonder if the request has either been made or if the Oilers themselves believe it’s coming.
McDavid isn’t requesting a trade his first year into a 8 year deal. edit : I hope

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
He's not the kind of person to just quit on something. He recently said that he wants to be part of the solution with the Oilers.

Unfortunately he also doesn't seem like someone who would go to ownership and tell them to get their shit in check or else. I feel so bad for him (and Draisaitl + RNH) for having to put up with what has gone on here.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Connor isn't going to ask for a trade. You've all been baited into tabloid bull****. It's the popular narrative to crap on this team today. We've been through this garbage before it will blow past after the story gets old and boring and some other juicy gossip from another team comes along.

Bunch of little sheep

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Won’t happen.

How many times did Lemieux and Yzerman make the playoffs when they were young?

Did they ever ask for a trade?

This is 97’s team. He WANTS to turn it around and he will.

Exactly this. Superstars asking for trades is incredibly rare.

If things don't turn around it's almost a guarantee he's out of here at the end of his contract though.

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
Leafs sucked for 5 years. So did the Jets.. Those teams all didnt have much for unmovable overpaid vets tho..

2 years to fix it? Lol.. It's gonna take 5 .

I actually think it’ll take 20-30 years... all the OBC should be dead by then. Then we can start moving forward.

scud9

Jun 2, 2006
McDavid is playing too much. At the moment he seems to cheat when playing defence. Looks like a young Ovetshkin in that sense. And like then you always pick Sidney over any other. You need to be a winner or grow to that role. It seems that McD has some learning still left.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
In my opinion his attitude and interest went to he'll when Hitchcock came aboard .don't think it's a coincidence either.

Fmrnuckfan95

Dec 16, 2018
Edmonton
Nah, I think you're all wrong. I think Mcdavid sees this teams problems as partially his fault. He committed long term with a friendly cap hit when you consider what he actually brings. That counts for a lot. He's not asking to get traded anywhere.

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
The thing is, we should all *want* McDavid to start putting pressure on the organization. He's the only counterbalancing force to the Shit Sandwich that is OBC and upper management here. No-one else has even close to the kind of bargaining power to force changes. I'd hope it wasn't a public trade request (that's really the end of the line) but if McDavid really wants to be a leader then he should lead the organization in the direction it needs to go, not in the direction that a bunch of proven dumbasses think it should go. Blind obedience to an authority that has completely lost its mind is not leadership.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
I honestly wouldn't blame him this team is a dumpster fire and you know they're never going to change. If Katz gave a shit he'd fire Nicholson into the sun, along with MacT, Howson and Lowe. But you know that's never going to happen so f*** this team.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
The best young players play on the crappiest teams. That's how NHL is set up. With a bit of luck and good management it can turn around quickly, but that is hardly how it works out every time. Not sure why a player deserves better, if you dislike the system then lobby for removing the draft and/or cap ceiling.

McD and Drai are part of the solution and will, with a bit of luck and (hopefully) decent management, turn this boat around.

Reactions: Mick David

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I believe that a good GM will turn this team around by next season but a lot of it will depend on how our goaltending holds up.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Give it a rest. We have to hear this over and over after every loss a new thread.

McDavid got 100 million dollars to play here
McDavid is part of the team so part of the problem
McDavid is the captain so part of the problem

McDavid is an Oiler at least til next deal.

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
If media keeps drilling it into his head, along with fans, he just might!

The team success (or lack of) he's experienced is something a majority of NHL players have/will experience in their careers. There will be ups and downs, and this is a down. The fishbowl environment just makes it seem worse than it is.

The reality is, almost 4 years into a 20+ year career, there's still time for things to turn around. And one of those years, the team did really well.

Plus, McDavid is not a quitter. I'm sure he'd see leaving as admitting defeat (even if we all know it has nothing do with him). It seems like people are projecting their fears and behaviour onto McDavid and forgetting the fact that this kid is not like everyone else. He is more determined, more committed, than the average player. I would think that extends off the ice.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Never mind the fact he building a sick house in Edmonton at the moment.

Spector just likes to stir up ****
Is he actually doing this? Just hear this rumor every so often....

Katz will buy it.

McDavid will feel better when he can mentor Hughes or a couple other draft picks, it will give him a sense of purpose here.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad