McDavid reaching the end of his rope?

Bum

Ontario Oiler fan
Aug 31, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
Did anyone see the footage of McDavid walking up to that autograph signing today? He looks downright miserable and couldn't crack a smile for anyone.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Did anyone see the footage of McDavid walking up to that autograph signing today? He looks downright miserable and couldn't crack a smile for anyone.
He looked exhausted / hungover to me.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
oilers just need someone in charge who isnt going to try too hard to make a move and f*** everything up like they keep doing

in one or two years poolparty, yamamoto, bouchard, mcleod, maksimov, benson, this years first, jones, marody and bear are going to be able to contribute more than this bad core and depth along with mcdavid, rnh, drai, nurse, klef snd larsson. just dont make any stupid moves and throw away those players. if they can find a way to move some of the dead cap do it. if they can somehow convince a decent fa to sign with that cap without overpaying do it. no more stupid downgrade moves and theyll be fine. if they even have a below average roster with mcdavid they can make the playoffs.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
I hope McDavid goes to Arizona or Carolina. Both teams I would love to watch him on

I do have a feeling he could wind up in Florida. They have pieces like Ekblad (super overrated but the next dumbo Katz hires will love to get him) and Huberdeau, so I think could start a package with that

Weirdly enough, I also wouldnt mind seeing him in New York on the Islanders. I think he could get the fame and recognition he deserves there
Did you just pick 4 of the worst locations in the league for him to go to? I almost barfed reading you want him to go to putrid Arizona or Carolina. So gross.

Reactions: smokersarejokers

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Darryl Katz hired the worst possible human ...Nicholson to lead this group. He also kept f***face MacTavis, Green and Howson. The three stooges to interfere with daily operations and player evaluations. Nicholson then hired the worst GM in sports history. An absolute farce and a clown with 0 player evaluation skills.

This is bad on multiple layers. It's disgusting and Katz should be absolutely ashamed of himself to keep the 3 stooges around. This guy has disrespected the fans of this city by working with his own agenda in mind.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Did you just pick 4 of the worst locations in the league for him to go to? I almost barfed reading you want him to go to putrid Arizona or Carolina. So gross.

You mean teams with good transition games who would extremely benefit McDavids style and bring out the best in him?

Kamus

Oct 21, 2005
Don't kid yourself... Edmonton is the worst place he could go to

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Darryl Katz hired the worst possible human ...Nicholson to lead this group.
My feeling is that Nicholson is just Katz's stooge, a guy who's paid to talk to the media so that Katz doesn't have to.

Nicholson is an older gentleman, with nicely parted white hair. His articulation and pronunciation are pretty solid. He looks non-threatening, like a kindly old uncle who sends you a cheque for your birthday each year. This is all part of his usefulness to Katz. The words he speaks are of course empty and devoid of all purpose or intelligence, but his visual appearance is suitable to utter rhetoric and defuse angry emotions.

Reactions: Louis Cypher

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Darryl Katz hired the worst possible human ...Nicholson to lead this group. He also kept ****face MacTavis, Green and Howson. The three stooges to interfere with daily operations and player evaluations. Nicholson then hired the worst GM in sports history. An absolute farce and a clown with 0 player evaluation skills.

This is bad on multiple layers. It's disgusting and Katz should be absolutely ashamed of himself to keep the 3 stooges around. This guy has disrespected the fans of this city by working with his own agenda in mind.

Katz doesn't care about the fans, and CERTAINLY doesn't care about winning hockey games or icing a competitive team. He cares about money, simple as that. The only thing we can hope for is that the season ticket renewals are atrocious this year, and that information finally causes Katz to fire all the OBC. I have exactly zero faith that this will occur.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
If McDavid wants out just fold the franchise.

Sorry bud, he wants out.

Well hypothetically, imagine a world in which Connor hasn't asked for a trade, but his agent has made it clear that they would welcome a change of scenery.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Sorry bud, he wants out.

Well hypothetically, imagine a world in which Connor hasn't asked for a trade, but his agent has made it clear that they would welcome a change of scenery.

If McDavid switches to Jesse P's agent get worried...lol

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
man. these are sad sad times. I hope idiot coach cuts back on McDavid's TOI from now on to the end of the season. 25+ minutes is not doing him or the team any good. Connor can then go off to the World Championships with some energy and the hope of rediscovering his passion for the game. Understandable if Connor books a flight to Fiji and heads to the airport direct from the rink to spend 5 months in a tiki hut on the beach. He deserves the rest.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Sorry bud, he wants out.

Yea sure .. (fake news)

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
Connor was even worse at defense last game, He is clearly going for scoring titles at this point. I think a lot of the blame for the on ice results lies with Connor as he hasn’t stepped up to lead the boys and hasn’t been a good example of playing both ways on the ice. It will be interesting to see how he responds down the stretch as it will show whether he wants to be a captain or not.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Connor was even worse at defense last game, He is clearly going for scoring titles at this point. I think a lot of the blame for the on ice results lies with Connor as he hasn’t stepped up to lead the boys and hasn’t been a good example of playing both ways on the ice. It will be interesting to see how he responds down the stretch as it will show whether he wants to be a captain or not.
We live in a strange time where it’s impossible to determine satire and parody because there are people who genuinely believe things like this.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Nobody has mentioned that Kucherov with 16pts in 5 games recently has just claimed the scoring title. its over, absolutely, and Connor isn't getting that margin back, even a healthy Connor isn't making up that stagger. Kuch now has 99pts and a staggering 16pt lead over Connor who is having an ordinary year by his own standards. Even Patrick Kane has 7pts more than Connor in a reborn year.

I don't think Connor matches his total of 108pts last season. Now it may seem odd to see his 2nd best season as not all that great. But one has to consider how much scoring has amplified this season.

That Connor is 3rd in scoring, 16pts off the pace is putting a bit of a pause on Generational player talk. Really given the ramp up in scoring this year Connor should be having a 125pt season. Somebody could reach that mark this season, it looks like.

Looking at the sum of the work this season I have a bit of concern that Connor didn't get better this season. Not as much as Drai and Nuge did. While Connor continues to have all kinds of jump and blinding speed his finish is holding him back. His conversion on scoring chances is not exceptional this season. I've stated that the challenges this season could result in Connor coming back more determined, and I suspect he will, I think he has some things to work on and he's fallen into some of the Hall type frustration impeding him just a bit. Pissed off McD used to bring more results. That's not working for him anymore. He's kind of grinding his gears.

McD getting into a groove where stress may even be taking a bit of a toll on him physically. Getting ill a lot is sometimes a sign of stress wearing the body down. Toews really struggled for years with this in Chicago and it cut short the Hawks dynasty. Toews contracted two very stubborn respiratory infections a few seasons ago and has never come close to getting back to his game. One season Toews stated he felt like he could hardly breathe on the bench. Hockey players are so susceptible to this. This season and last I note that Connor has had extended times of feeling not well, enough that it kept him out of the Allstar game and a couple other games. This too mirrors Toews who was so sick he had to miss an Allstar game.

Anyway that's just me thinking out loud. I hope people don't read wrong things in that.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Darryl Katz hired the worst possible human ...Nicholson to lead this group. He also kept ****face MacTavis, Green and Howson. The three stooges to interfere with daily operations and player evaluations. Nicholson then hired the worst GM in sports history. An absolute farce and a clown with 0 player evaluation skills.

Nicholson defines false figurehead. An opportunist. A guy that has made the most on glad hand shaking hands and a thousand watt smile. If you see this guy selling cars in a dealership you walk away because you know its pressured sales all the way. Not sure how more people didn't discern this. I was dead set against the Nicholson and Chia hires and not even impressed with the McLellan hire (I said DeBoer was better all day)

The worst concerns with Nicholson is he's not diligent, not a hard worker, and not particularly adept at sorting out problems. This was foreshadowed as well as Nicholson left Hockey Canada with numerous lawsuits, turmoil, and a lot of controversy that Hockey Canada became much more about high profile international play and far less about grass roots growing the game. The legacy Nicholson left with Hockey Canada is more inherited success rather than him driving success. Theres guys like this in life that live a pretty charmed life mostly being in the right place at the right time. But even that has outgrown him now. How many people will think Nicholson is a top hockey guy after his complete debacle here, and he's been awful in every way imaginable.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
don't think McDavid wouId ask out unIess in 3-4 years its the same thing maybe then.

I’d bet my bank account he quietly already wants out, he wouldn’t ask for a trade unless this went on for another 2 years I’d say, which it will as we need a full rebuild to try to draft depth

As lebrun and others have said multiple times, he hated his losing season in eerie, and the losing here has been killing him as well

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
I’d bet my bank account he quietly already wants out, he wouldn’t ask for a trade unless this went on for another 2 years I’d say, which it will as we need a full rebuild to try to draft depth

As lebrun and others have said multiple times, he hated his losing season in eerie, and the losing here has been killing him as well

eh 2 years in be kinda soon.. won't Iook good on him..

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton

Or you know.. maybe he's just really sick. Lol I look miserable each time I suffer from my man cold.

Obviously losing doesn't help.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad