McDavid reaching the end of his rope?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
From the Spector article

“Yeah, whatever,” said Connor McDavid, who is growing impatient on a team that has won one of its last 10 games. “We’re generating chances but we’re not finding a way to score.
“We’ve been doing this since the break, minus one or two games, where we play the right way but can’t seem to find a balance. Lots of chances and shots only gets you so far.”

Sounds an awful lot like a guy whose reaching the end of his rope with his team who just cannot score to save their lives, or just pissed that he didn't bury chances he had vs Pittsburgh and Carolina, or both?

Either way, we will be seeing him skate into the sunset in a few years time a la Mike Reilly walked from the Esks a few days ago, or John Tavares if our next GM and management group doesn't hit it out of the park starting this summer.

Last edited:
Reactions: fishcolator

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
0d0852d0e71fcea5fa42ad7b85ed61e5b2aeb605c738d1acdcdb137f407f49f1.jpg

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
From the Spector article

“Yeah, whatever,” said Connor McDavid, who is growing impatient on a team that has won one of its last 10 games. “We’re generating chances but we’re not finding a way to score.
“We’ve been doing this since the break, minus one or two games, where we play the right way but can’t seem to find a balance. Lots of chances and shots only gets you so far.”

Sounds an awful lot like a guy whose reaching the end of his rope with his team who just cannot score to save their lives, or just pissed that he didn't bury chances he had vs Pittsburgh and Carolina, or both?

Either way, we will be seeing him skate into the sunset in a few years time a la Mike Reilly or John Tavares if our next GM and management group doesn't hit it out of the park starting this summer.

absolutely. i said early last season that this would happen and it wouldn't be long until he requests a trade. he is absolutely not hiding his frustrations anymore and it has really been showing in his body language over the last few games.

i fully expect him, if he already hasn't, to confront katz and or the management after the season is over and say, you guys have X amount of time to make significant improvements to the team before i will demand a trade publicly or simply demand the trade outright after the season ends.

Reactions: fishcolator

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
absolutely. i said early last season that this would happen and it wouldn't be long until he requests a trade. he is absolutely not hiding his frustrations anymore and it has really been showing in his body language over the last few games.

i fully expect him, if he already hasn't, to confront katz and or the management after the season is over and say, you guys have X amount of time to make significant improvements to the team before i will demand a trade publicly or simple demand the trade outright after the season ends.

Suspect Katz who's too busy harassing Instagram models and rolling in his dirty money tells him to take a hike.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Suspect Katz who's too busy harassing Instagram models and rolling in his dirty money tells him to take a hike.

a player of connor's stature has a lot of sway and influence to make a trade happen if he wants out.

Reactions: guymez

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
a player of connor's stature has a lot of sway and influence to make a trade happen if he wants out.

Oh that's my point he'll be traded. Katz won't care. He's a greedy little troll that has d list actresses to harass.

Reactions: MikeYEG

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

i fully expect him, if he already hasn't, to confront katz and or the management after the season is over and say, you guys have X amount of time to make significant improvements to the team before i will demand a trade publicly or simply demand the trade outright after the season ends.

You seriously want to see him ask out don't you?

Reactions: TheBasementDweller

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
You cannot build a young team around the principal of "character" hockey (which is really "grind" hockey). Young players need to be scoring to have fun, you remove that and they get frustrated fast.

The Oilers could have been built very similarily to the Leafs who hardly have an All-Star lineup on D either, but they chose to bet the farm on size/grit/character in Lucic, Larsson, Reinhart, etc. and lost sight of having skill on the roster.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
He really doesn't.
He is a poster boy for the NHL and would not ruin his reputation by requesting out. It's nothing more than fans freaking out.

Ya. I bet this 'request a trade' echo doesn't even cross his mind. He's in year 1 of his 8 year contract, he's the type of guy to honor his commitment, especially being the Captain.
He said it himself, numerous times, he wants to be part of the solution, and not abandon ship, and I believe him in that he really does mean what he says

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
He really doesn't.
He is a poster boy for the NHL and would not ruin his reputation by requesting out. It's nothing more than fans freaking out.

With all due respect to your opinion I believe you are so wrong about the influence he wields. While I don't think it is in his DNA to request a trade, IF he wanted out he would be able to force the issue without question and his reputation would merely grow as he would probably be traded to a major US market.

And if you dont think the NHL would love to have him playing in a major US market your kidding yourself. The Rangers or Kings would offer up whatever we wanted to make it happen with full NHL backing and support. It happened with Gretzky (albeit under different circumstances) it can happen with McDavid. The NHL would be all over it and us fans in Edmonton would be back to wiping our tears with old 97 jerseys.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Ya. I bet this 'request a trade' echo doesn't even cross his mind. He's in year 1 of his 8 year contract, he's the type of guy to honor his commitment, especially being the Captain.
He said it himself, numerous times, he wants to be part of the solution, and not abandon ship, and I believe him in that he really does mean what he says

I agree but he is also human. This constant losing and lack of production is wearing on him. I believe he will be here for a long time but he is getting tired of this same old shit.

Reactions: MikeYEG

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

Mcdavid's dad flat out said that's not his character. He doesn't want to be known as the one that just bailed when the going got tough.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Next GM has 2 years to build a team that is:

Fast, fun, skilled, and can make the playoffs on that basis without needed to be dragged there by their goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad