McDavid reaching the end of his rope?

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I’d bet my bank account he quietly already wants out, he wouldn’t ask for a trade unless this went on for another 2 years I’d say, which it will as we need a full rebuild to try to draft depth

As lebrun and others have said multiple times, he hated his losing season in eerie, and the losing here has been killing him as well

Pfft Lebrun.

Friedman said on a podcast that McDavid will not ask for a Trade or make a fuss but maybe in 3-4 years, he will start publicly making criticisms if there are no improvments.

He said situation is similar to Sundin in Toronto.

Also, apparently McDavid is still building a giant house here FWIW

And the tired McDavid look...he's sick and Hitch is wearing him out. Running him through the ground, not just to

Fat Balloon

Jan 20, 2010
Being a fan of this team is depressing. Im sure that being an employee of the team (McDavid) must be even worse. I can turn the TV off and find something else to occupy my time. For McDavid, this is his life right now.

I dont put much stock into other predicitng what McDavid will or wont do. Ive had jobs in my career where I wasnt happy but I tolerated it and hoped things would get better. Sometimes they did and other times I reached a breaking point and I knew it was time to move on.

Most fans can see that this team is more than a move or two away from being a contender. Look at the lineup last night without McDavid. You dont think McDavid sees the same talentless team that fans do? You dont think McDavid knows there isnt a quick fix to getting out of cap he11 and getting better talent at the same time?

I don't know if McDavid will ask to get out of this mess but I dont doubt that he isnt happy and isnt enjoying his job lately. Donyou think McDavidnis excited about the prospect of a #1 overall pick? Does McDavid think Hughes will save this team?

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
If another line or our defense would be some kind of threat to score it would divide the pressure from the opposition's best players and MCD would be scoring more. A team just needs to power d Mcdavid because they know nobody else will score on this team.

Kucherov is scoring but so is the entire team.

Nobody has mentioned that Kucherov with 16pts in 5 games recently has just claimed the scoring title. its over, absolutely, and Connor isn't getting that margin back, even a healthy Connor isn't making up that stagger. Kuch now has 99pts and a staggering 16pt lead over Connor who is having an ordinary year by his own standards. Even Patrick Kane has 7pts more than Connor in a reborn year.

I don't think Connor matches his total of 108pts last season. Now it may seem odd to see his 2nd best season as not all that great. But one has to consider how much scoring has amplified this season.

That Connor is 3rd in scoring, 16pts off the pace is putting a bit of a pause on Generational player talk. Really given the ramp up in scoring this year Connor should be having a 125pt season. Somebody could reach that mark this season, it looks like.

Looking at the sum of the work this season I have a bit of concern that Connor didn't get better this season. Not as much as Drai and Nuge did. While Connor continues to have all kinds of jump and blinding speed his finish is holding him back. His conversion on scoring chances is not exceptional this season. I've stated that the challenges this season could result in Connor coming back more determined, and I suspect he will, I think he has some things to work on and he's fallen into some of the Hall type frustration impeding him just a bit. Pissed off McD used to bring more results. That's not working for him anymore. He's kind of grinding his gears.

McD getting into a groove where stress may even be taking a bit of a toll on him physically. Getting ill a lot is sometimes a sign of stress wearing the body down. Toews really struggled for years with this in Chicago and it cut short the Hawks dynasty. Toews contracted two very stubborn respiratory infections a few seasons ago and has never come close to getting back to his game. One season Toews stated he felt like he could hardly breathe on the bench. Hockey players are so susceptible to this. This season and last I note that Connor has had extended times of feeling not well, enough that it kept him out of the Allstar game and a couple other games. This too mirrors Toews who was so sick he had to miss an Allstar game.

Anyway that's just me thinking out loud. I hope people don't read wrong things in that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad