Player Discussion Max Pacioretty discussion part VII: Maximus Decimus Tradius Valus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
The worst management of them all wouldn't do that. Insane what that bunch of clowns as done to this once great franchise. And this is just the way they look. Then, you realize how they are kings at devaluing players' value and you just give up....

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008

Not sure what this means, if anything at all..but...

They did the same thing to Subban, not a single Canadiens around during the single largest donation in history by any single athlete. It's pretty clear to see when a player is part of the foxhole or in the doghouse. This franchise is transparent alright.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
You couldn't plan a worse trade scenario if you tried. I wonder how low they get his value before they pull the trigger on what will be an enormous disappointment? Imagine if the owners and management were your stock brokers?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Max gets a lot of flack from the Habs fan base. His playoff performance has been mediocre at best. He has five 30 goal seasons without a true #1 center which to me is amazing.
He is a class act and loves being a hab. I can’t root against him...

I hope he comes into this season and tears it up!

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Max gets a lot of flack from the Habs fan base. His playoff performance has been mediocre at best. He has five 30 goal seasons without a true #1 center which to me is amazing.

Not the case. He's been hit and miss, though. Good year, invisible one year, good year, invisible again...

Want My Dach x 77

Sep 2, 2010
vancouver, bc
Lol how some people can believe and read into these rumours is beyond me.... The only way management doesn’t attend is if pacioretty is traded. Molson and co are not going to no show at the captains golf tournament , now I could see a few not being able to attend due to family reasons or prior commitments ... I can already see it now when someone doesn’t show up the rumours a plenty :facepalm:

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009

Me too, only so we get reasonable trade value for him. Players succeeded in spite of the worst management group I have ever seen in hockey. Its not just that MB is an idiot, its bad coaching from top to bottom for most of the time here, our drafting has been suspect, our development is atrocious, inability to attract or retain talent, and our owner being indifferent. Outside of poor hotdog sales that is.

Its like a Voltron of awfulness. Even the leafs at their worst didn't have all of these problems. We can hope for a quick trun around but I don't see how it would be possible with the same clowns in the same slots.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Lol how some people can believe and read into these rumours is beyond me.... The only way management doesn’t attend is if pacioretty is traded. Molson and co are not going to no show at the captains golf tournament , now I could see a few not being able to attend due to family reasons or prior commitments ... I can already see it now when someone doesn’t show up the rumours a plenty :facepalm:
You underestimate the power of the dark side.
DSVybjIWkAAhvz9.jpg

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007

It is crazy when looking back from 2011-2012 to 2016-2017 he had the fourth most goals in the entire league, this is while playing on an awful offensive team with mainly DD as his centre. The only guys ahead of him were Ovechkin, Stamkos and Pavelski who had 3 more goals but played 18 more games.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co

And now this...

This is just beginning of what to expect if ever Pacioretty starts the year with the Habs.

Lmao garbage Montreal media at it again. The amount of bullshit coming out of this city this summer is unbelievable. This is like the 6th time this summer that some media member has tweeted some bullshit only for it to get shut down and debunct a few hours later.

Zero credibility.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Lmao garbage Montreal media at it again. The amount of bull**** coming out of this city this summer is unbelievable. This is like the 6th time this summer that some media member has tweeted some bull**** only for it to get shut down and debunct a few hours later.

Zero credibility.
This summer has been especially bad

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Mario Langlois also said that Julien has scheduled meetings with his coaching staff that day to prepare for the upcoming season.

Paul Wilson said invitations for the tournament haven't been sent out yet.

So there's no way of knowing if Molson, Bergevin, and Julien are snubbing the tournament.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

I agree. Its pretty bad when Danault is celebrated more than Max.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
The whole 98.5 crew is so bad. Even Dube and McGuire, can't stand them either.
I actually find Danny Dube quite knowledgeable, while Martin McGuire, although he asks soft questions during post-game scrums, is a talented play-by-play announcer.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I actually find Danny Dube quite knowledgeable, while Martin McGuire, although he asks soft questions during post-game scrums, is a talented play-by-play announcer.

I find that with time, he (Dube) caught the Pedneault bug and now he's become a bigger Captain Obvious than the old Yvon-fart.

I also dislike his vision of a hockey team, I mean, certain specifics.

McGuire is good for play by play, but he should stay far far far far far far far away from hockey analysis, which he does (analysis), and it's excrutiating (to me)

Reactions: dinodebino

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
This resumes my thoughts. People need to chill. What Doucet reported wasn`t factually wrong as the invites were not sent already. He did not say Molson/Bergevin/Julien would not attend it, he said it currently wasn't in their agenda. Also, the key words in his tweet were "so far". It probably wasn't the best translation of the words "à date" IMO. When we say "à date" in Québec, it actually means "up to now" or "up to this day".

It is entirely possible that Molson/Bergevin/Julien had indeed decided not to attend but changed their mind after seeing the uprising from the fans on social media.

It seems to be that, on both fronts, people overreacted. First, the people who trashed on the organization before the team could react were over board, to me. Then, now people want Doucet's head for reporting what he learned. I mean, that's his job. Maybe he was wrong, maybe they changed their mind, who knows. I certainly won't bash a journalist for reporting info on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad