Player Discussion Max Pacioretty discussion part VII: Maximus Decimus Tradius Valus

Status
Not open for further replies.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Agenda.......?????

Come on man, i got better things to do then have personal vendettas or holding grudges with people on Television

Agendas I have with real live people.....like my neighbor smoking joints and stinking up the whole by yard, or my other neighbor letting his dog **** on my lawn......the only time I think of Subban is when I come on here and he’s mentioned, I voice my opinion then move on with my day.

You got me all wrong brother

You've got Subban's teammates all wrong. Again, you have no problem believing and endorsing the idea that the man is universally despised to the point where not a single person would attend a function recognizing his unprecedented largesse.

Step back from your ego please and consider how absurd and completely implausible this is.

The more likely alternative that a jealous and small minded management group would be embarrassed and green-eyed over public attention is dismissed entirely by you.

I believe it wasn't your intent, but the optics of your posts look really bad. Worse even because you continue to flaunt it.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Just a shining example of our media and fan base.

I think everyone wants a scoop but people talk too fast. It’s a joke.

The sad part is we read twitter posts and eat this up.

It’s a sad state of affairs when media can say whatever and we’d believe it.

I remember the classic “Habs are trying to trade max ASAP” breaking news. You don’t say? They tried to trade him at draft 10 times and now you’re breaking the news? Bravo! The sad part is people acted like it was brand new info too.

In any case, Habs have better things to worry about. Team is meh. This trigger happy drama is just a waste of time.

Don't you think the craving for information could have been nurtured by the lack of openness from the team?

People want news on the team, if the team won't reveal anything and the demand for info isn't met, somebody else will fill that need.

Hence all the rumor blogs of varying credibility that have popped up about the Habs.

I think it was legitimate to inquire if the Habs were going to be present at Max's golf tournament.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Don't you think the craving for information could have been nurtured by the lack of openness from the team?

People want news on the team, if the team won't reveal anything and the demand for info isn't met, somebody else will fill that need.

Hence all the rumor blogs of varying credibility that have popped up about the Habs.

I think it was legitimate to inquire if the Habs were going to be present at Max's golf tournament.

Both that and the self serving nature of modern media

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Just a shining example of our media and fan base.

I think everyone wants a scoop but people talk too fast. It’s a joke.

The sad part is we read twitter posts and eat this up.

It’s a sad state of affairs when media can say whatever and we’d believe it.

I remember the classic “Habs are trying to trade max ASAP” breaking news. You don’t say? They tried to trade him at draft 10 times and now you’re breaking the news? Bravo! The sad part is people acted like it was brand new info too.

In any case, Habs have better things to worry about. Team is meh. This trigger happy drama is just a waste of time.

Just wondering....how does anyone know that the media invented that story and it's not the Habs who are actually forced to do so because it got out in the open?

Isn't it the same sad state of affairs that because a management of any team would say something and that we have to openly believe it? Professional teams are always right? They never hide anything? They are always truthful? Really?

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal

while i'd like to agree, with the circonstances, The management shouldn't NOT be on pre tournament invited list. it's august any little thing that will happen will get caught. Theres huge rumor the relationship between pacioretty and the organisation is toxic and that he's constantly being shopped. it's a professional organisation and he's a professional athlete. Theres no reason for them to not know that and they need to take care of every little detail, it's part of their job. See how a little stupid shit like that made them look bad for 3 days?

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Pacioretty will be a member of our team granted a miracle offer to begin the season. These guys attending his event should solidify that. I guess we’ll have to wait. Can’t believe this GM still has a job other then his contract, which is pennies for Molson. For our sake, I hope he does something that shocks us in a positive way, but I completely lost trust in him a long time ago. If he trades him for a Vanek 2014 like return, it’s because he lost all leverage. If that happens, he should be sent packing which could be more valuable then any return we could get for Pacioretty at this point.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
You've got Subban's teammates all wrong. Again, you have no problem believing and endorsing the idea that the man is universally despised to the point where not a single person would attend a function recognizing his unprecedented largesse.

Step back from your ego please and consider how absurd and completely implausible this is.

The more likely alternative that a jealous and small minded management group would be embarrassed and green-eyed over public attention is dismissed entirely by you.

I believe it wasn't your intent, but the optics of your posts look really bad. Worse even because you continue to flaunt it.

I think everyone has it wrong. I don't think any players boycotted or management forced players not to attend. I don't think PK told them as he didn't want them to try to take credit for his work. I don't blame him.

BTW, I don't believe the habs brass had any intention of going to Patches tournament, I believe the tweet. Dum dum thought he'd be moved by now.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head

Markov hates him so much that he invited him to his weeding.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

But why would the habs be randomly saying "we support max" it would sound cryptic and weird if unprovoked.

Just wondering....how does anyone know that the media invented that story and it's not the Habs who are actually forced to do so because it got out in the open?

Isn't it the same sad state of affairs that because a management of any team would say something and that we have to openly believe it? Professional teams are always right? They never hide anything? They are always truthful? Really?

I don't follow then. When one tweet is posted because it's negative, it must be true. When this one is posted its ignored, why?

This tweet was posted before habs even said a thing, but let's ignore it?

Habs comment aside, why is the negative tweet legit but the positive one ignored?

Reactions: 417

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
But why would the habs be randomly saying "we support max" it would sound cryptic and weird if unprovoked.

I don't follow then. When one tweet is posted because it's negative, it must be true. When this one is posted its ignored, why?

This tweet was posted before habs even said a thing, but let's ignore it?

Habs comment aside, why is the negative tweet legit but the positive one ignored?

But I didn't say that. Was just replying to your post about the Habs said it, hence it's true. I commented on the news I had seen, which is the french version. If I would have seen both, I would have said it. The first time I saw the Ron Francis tweet is you showing it to me.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

I'll gladly admit I'm far from a marketing/PR expert but...

Just promote the event on the team's website, and somewhere in there say the team will be there to support the team's captain charity event like every year.
There's nothing cryptic about encouraging your captain's philanthropic endeavors.

Their response today was appropriate, but they can be more proactive than that.

Reactions: groovejuice

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Believe what you like man. It makes no sense whatever. Your theory implies that Subban had no close friends on the team nor even teammates who liked him.

We've seen how petty and mean spirited the Bergevin Habs have become - throwing players under bus on multiple occasions, not strongly endorsing Subban for Team Canada, and a myriad of other classless pecadilloes.

The shade you're throwing on Subban is baseless except in the minds of people with a particularly distasteful agenda. Please stop.
Just holding a grudge after the stare down.

Reactions: groovejuice

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
so what you're saying is he did not have a single friend on the team, none...

not a single player liked him enough to show up for a few minutes at a great charity event ?

not a single person ?
Pretty selfish that the hab players wouldn't even want to be a spotlight hog like subban. I mean at least one of them should have been selfish like him and tried to get noticed :rolleyes:. Its so pointless arguing with some on this board. Logic on here sometimes sounds like no one has even heard of occams razor.

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Pretty selfish that the hab players wouldn't even want to be a spotlight hog like subban. I mean at least one of them should have been selfish like him and tried to get noticed :rolleyes:. Its so pointless arguing with some on this board. Logic on here sometimes sounds like no one has even heard of occums razor.

I'm fairly certain "Occums Razor" is a shotgun in Destiny. :cool:

Reactions: Doc McKenna
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad