Player Discussion Max Pacioretty discussion part VII: Maximus Decimus Tradius Valus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benjamin Dobert

Aug 8, 2018
You don't resign the problems which Max clearly is at this point.
He'll never amount to jack squat here now. Let's saddle ourselves with another long term over-payment.

Players appreciate loyal fans. It's hard to stay loyal to people with poor attitudes, would you agree?

Benjamin Dobert

Aug 8, 2018
I'm ok with reasonable, I just hope we start to respect the players we have regardless of performance. We can all agree that the team has not been the best, but I think more loyalty within the fan base could be a crucial part to helping out this team especially as filled with youngsters as the Habs are! Youth needs encouraging care not abrasive anger that infects an entire team. I love the Canadiens and I just wish we would all suffer in a sportsman's-like manner thereby creating a positive outlook for the seasons to come. Win, lose, draw lets support! Maybe players would actually want to come to Montreal should they know the city would give them a fair shake and some support.

Last edited:

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I'm ok with reasonable, I just hope we start to respect the players we have regardless of performance. We can all agree that the team has not been the best, but I think more loyalty within the fan base could be a crucial part to helping out this team especially as filled with youngsters as the Habs are! Youth needs encouraging care not abrasive anger that infects an entire team. I love the Canadiens and I just wish we would all suffer in a sportsman's-like manner thereby creating a positive outlook for the seasons to come. Win, lose, draw lets support! Maybe players would actually want to come to Montreal should they know the city would give them a fair shake and some support.
Max is NOT youth and if the idea is that we support all players, even when they quarter ass it like max has, as a fan I want nothing to do with that.

saying that players who suck ( i.e Drouin at center) don't puts this team further behind. We don't need more unconditional support for the players, we need MORE fans holding the players feet to the fire.

want a fair shake in montreal? Don't take every second shift off.

"Worst captain in Canadiens history". Can you really refute this?

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY
Dog days of summer so really grasping at straws here, but saw on the Barstool Sports hockey podcast “Spittin Chiclets” that Max is selling his Florida home. Any chance that fuels that he’ll be on the move elsewhere from Montreal and it’s not Florida or just encourages he’s staying

Benjamin Dobert

Aug 8, 2018
Max is NOT youth and if the idea is that we support all players, even when they quarter ass it like max has, as a fan I want nothing to do with that.

saying that players who suck ( i.e Drouin at center) don't puts this team further behind. We don't need more unconditional support for the players, we need MORE fans holding the players feet to the fire.

want a fair shake in montreal? Don't take every second shift off.

"Worst captain in Canadiens history". Can you really refute this?

Like our saying players suck HELPS anything? Bergevin and Molsen consult us for everything, eh? Never said Patch was youth and no, I'm not going on about statistical DATA vs. who I think the players are as people to single out the worst captain in history. I reckon I'm a different type of fan, eh? lol

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Like our saying players suck HELPS anything? Bergevin and Molsen consult us for everything, eh? Never said Patch was youth and no, I'm not going on about statistical DATA vs. who I think the players are as people to single out the worst captain in history. I reckon I'm a different type of fan, eh? lol
You are right we should trade away ALL our centers in hopes that wingers will be able to slide right in

And when they suck, like Drouin, we should make sure they get their well deserved participation trophy. Because so long as they try, that's all that matters.

Wait are we still talking about the roustabouts patches and Drouin?

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

Loyalty will just give ownership more ammo to maintain their ridiculous course of action of staying pat between a rebuild and a playoff team.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Players appreciate loyal fans. It's hard to stay loyal to people with poor attitudes, would you agree?

Umm the loyalty you speak of is not guaranteed just ask our GM about that. As for attitude I've remained constant on this board.
Nothing wrong with a fan pointing out flaws within our club.
I like folks who don't pretend nothing is broken.

Welcome another real fan here.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Dog days of summer so really grasping at straws here, but saw on the Barstool Sports hockey podcast “Spittin Chiclets” that Max is selling his Florida home. Any chance that fuels that he’ll be on the move elsewhere from Montreal and it’s not Florida or just encourages he’s staying
Don't know but I get the feeling if he stays in the east he will burn us in non playoff games. Like many ex habs. Regardless for him and us he needs to be shipped out with a reasonable return. At this point?? But surely he is worth more than Shaw. Oh right most GMs don't pay more than it would have cost them to offer sheet the same player.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
cheer leading. :banana:

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
The city has been more than supportive and patient with Max. I mean, for fak sakes, some fans even called the police on Chara!
So don't tell me fans are being disrespectful because they are dissatisfied with the complacency in his game and lack of leadership.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
The city has been more than supportive and patient with Max. I mean, for fak sakes, some fans even called the police on Chara!
So don't tell me fans are being disrespectful because they are dissatisfied with the complacency in his game and lack of leadership.
Thats right. Welcome to the big leagues.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
I haven't been following this shit show for awhile now because the team I used to love is long gone, but I read somewhere that they came out and confirmed they will not be resigning Max in Montreal. Why the f*** would they do that? Now the rest of the league knows he is either being dealt or going to FA = lowered his trade value, no?
Not that it matters anyways, because almost every move they make ends up making the team worse instead of better.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Thats right. Welcome to the big leagues.
He’s been the same player for quite awhile. If he had anything else to show, he would have when he played for team USA. Instead, he embarrassed himself. I honestly think he could go one way or the other - regain his form on another team with less pressure, or slowly keep fading away. Neither would surprise me. He’s just a horrible all around hockey player (except for his shot)

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

Well media with bad attitude tends to generate management with bad attitudes that tends to generate fans with bad attitudes that tend to generate management with bad attitudes that tends to generate media with bad attitude and vice versa.

Benjamin Dobert

Aug 8, 2018
Well media with bad attitude tends to generate management with bad attitudes that tends to generate fans with bad attitudes that tend to generate management with bad attitudes that tends to generate media with bad attitude and vice versa.

Not exactly sorry for posing my position. I thought we could actually think for ourselves and hold true to treating people like people and not numbers on a spreadsheet.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I'm ok with reasonable, I just hope we start to respect the players we have regardless of performance. We can all agree that the team has not been the best, but I think more loyalty within the fan base could be a crucial part to helping yaddi yaddi yadda bleet bleet bleet

You know what would be really crucial?

Good management. Vision. Planning. Foresight. Taking the right direction.

That's what would be great for both the players and us. It's what makes both stay with the team.

When players come here, what do you think they'll expect? Loyal fans only? They'll expect the same thing they'll expect elsewhere. Some great fans, some bat**** crazy fans and everything in between. We have zero impact except for the $$$ we throw away on a **** product.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad