Player Discussion Max Pacioretty discussion part VII: Maximus Decimus Tradius Valus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
There has been so many crappy rumors, they need to be held accountable to their ****. Pac won't be attending camp, management won't attend his golf outing, total BS rumors that the people that started them should be called out for stirring up **** for nothing.

Well, it's expected. It's the only thing the Montreal Sports media knows how to do. If the team is in shambles, they'll create ****storms to sell papers and clicks. They are self-serving parasites. They don't care about the fundamentals of the 4th estate. Truth, ethics, decency. They don't give a crap about that. Self-interest rules when humans are pitted against each other in a competition for life.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Well, it's expected. It's the only thing the Montreal Sports media knows how to do. If the team is in shambles, they'll create ****storms to sell papers and clicks. They are self-serving parasites. They don't care about the fundamentals of the 4th estate. Truth, ethics, decency. They don't give a crap about that. Self-interest rules when humans are pitted against each other in a competition for life.

FYI, Doucet is the color commentator for the Laval Rocket. He has no agenda against the team unlike some seem to think. I have no idea how he worked out that information, but it's unfair to unleash hell on him for reporting information. Again, that's what he's paid for.

There has been so many crappy rumors, they need to be held accountable to their ****. Pac won't be attending camp, management won't attend his golf outing, total BS rumors that the people that started them should be called out for stirring up **** for nothing.

We can't know if what was reported or not was wrong. It's not impossible that they didn't want to show up there as they will definitely have to give awkward answers to tough questions. It's also possible that Doucet's info was wrong. Both are possibilities. I am with you when you say journalists need to be held accountable. Fret not, if Doucet did not do his job properly, he won't go unpunished.

For instance, Jérémy Rainville a few years ago when he was still with RDS would "inspire" himself from some hockey blogs to do his daily reports. Actually, he was reading verbatim what some of those blogs would post and use it as its own creation. When the blog found about it, they obviously revealed the info on Twitter and Rainville was immediately fired by RDS.

Rainville now is the host of "Les amateurs de sport" for the Summer on 985fm, but I'm sure he learned his lesson that day.

Last edited:

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Golf today!
ED42A272-3F9E-4F5F-88AE-541A7B425BB5.jpeg

• 01796C7F-03D1-44EB-B451-34E7F2711F08.jpeg

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
They did the same thing to Subban, not a single Canadiens around during the single largest donation in history by any single athlete. It's pretty clear to see when a player is part of the foxhole or in the doghouse. This franchise is transparent alright.
No teammates showed up....says a lot about what they thought of him.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
It's both hilarious and ridiculous that the team just tweeted this:

The worst management of them all wouldn't do that. Insane what that bunch of clowns as done to this once great franchise. And this is just the way they look. Then, you realize how they are kings at devaluing players' value and you just give up....

A bit quick on the trigger WS

They did the same thing to Subban, not a single Canadiens around during the single largest donation in history by any single athlete. It's pretty clear to see when a player is part of the foxhole or in the doghouse. This franchise is transparent alright.

Baseless comments.....so trigger happy to report and support false information

You underestimate the power of the dark side.
DSVybjIWkAAhvz9.jpg

They will attend....

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
It's considerably more likely that players were instructed not to attend rather than boycotting en masse.

You're smarter than this Jaffy.
Oh that I highly doubt.....he was raising money for sick children, not raising money for the Hells Angels........

What Subban did was amazing, his commitment to the community was second to none, unfortunately for Subban, his teammates commitment to him were second to all.

The organization has nothing to gain and all to lose if conducting their business that way.

Plus, any player traded, disgruntled or having a beef with Bergevin could simply rat out to the media the master plan of boycotting Subban’s pledge.....too much could go wrong for what they get out of it.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
FYI, Doucet is the color commentator for the Laval Rocket. He has no agenda against the team unlike some seem to think. I have no idea how he worked out that information, but it's unfair to unleash hell on him for reporting information. Again, that's what he's paid for.

We can't know if what was reported or not was wrong. It's not impossible that they didn't want to show up there as they will definitely have to give awkward answers to tough questions. It's also possible that Doucet's info was wrong. Both are possibilities. I am with you when you say journalists need to be held accountable. Fret not, if Doucet did not do his job properly, he won't go unpunished.

For instance, Jérémy Rainville a few years ago when he was still with RDS would "inspire" himself from some hockey blogs to do his daily reports. Actually, he was reading verbatim what some of those blogs would post and use it as its own creation. When the blog found about it, they obviously revealed the info on Twitter and Rainville was immediately fired by RDS.

Rainville now is the host of "Les amateurs de sport" for the Summer on 985fm, but I'm sure he learned his lesson that day.
I think what Doucet posted was extremely irresponsible, especially for a person in his position.

That being said....there's an appetite in the media and among fans for unverified and most importantly, information that puts the organization in a negative light.

Doucet wanted some retweets and some likes...

Hope it was worth it.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Wow - you last showed up in this thread a week ago and then jumped all over this comment. Agenda??
You’re right, nobody showed up cause they all loved him.....my bad.

I must have an agenda because I’m calling out what happened......again, my bad.

I showed up into this thread a week ago and participated in a Subban discussion........stop the f***in press.

Is this not a chat forum????

Am I not entitled to state opinions on certain matters or is there a forum policy to not oppose in P.K. talk??

I engage and many discussions, jump in and out of threads......if you don’t like it report me to a mod

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Oh that I highly doubt.....he was raising money for sick children, not raising money for the Hells Angels........

What Subban did was amazing, his commitment to the community was second to none, unfortunately for Subban, his teammates commitment to him were second to all.

The organization has nothing to gain and all to lose if conducting their business that way.

Plus, any player traded, disgruntled or having a beef with Bergevin could simply rat out to the media the master plan of boycotting Subban’s pledge.....too much could go wrong for what they get out of it.

Believe what you like man. It makes no sense whatever. Your theory implies that Subban had no close friends on the team nor even teammates who liked him.

We've seen how petty and mean spirited the Bergevin Habs have become - throwing players under bus on multiple occasions, not strongly endorsing Subban for Team Canada, and a myriad of other classless pecadilloes.

The shade you're throwing on Subban is baseless except in the minds of people with a particularly distasteful agenda. Please stop.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
I think what Doucet posted was extremely irresponsible, especially for a person in his position.

That being said....there's an appetite in the media and among fans for unverified and most importantly, information that puts the organization in a negative light.

Doucet wanted some retweets and some likes...

Hope it was worth it.

I think it's fair to criticize his judgement, but to say he has an evil agenda against the Habs, come on...

Also, he apparently said he will give info on his story tomorrow on 919 sports.

Maybe he did it to make a name for himself, but he doesn't hit me as a polemist craving for attention. I don't know the guy personally, it's just an impression.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Believe what you like man. It makes no sense whatever. Your theory implies that Subban had no close friends on the team nor even teammates who liked him.

We've seen how petty and mean spirited the Bergevin Habs have become - throwing players under bus on multiple occasions, not strongly endorsing Subban for Team Canada, and a myriad of other classless pecadilloes.

The shade you're throwing on Subban is baseless except in the minds of people with a particularly distasteful agenda. Please stop.
Agenda.......?????

Come on man, i got better things to do then have personal vendettas or holding grudges with people on Television

Agendas I have with real live people.....like my neighbor smoking joints and stinking up the whole by yard, or my other neighbor letting his dog shit on my lawn......the only time I think of Subban is when I come on here and he’s mentioned, I voice my opinion then move on with my day.

You got me all wrong brother

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Not sure what this means, if anything at all..but...

We need to quote lame ass tweets by nobodies like Raphael Doucet, "as soon as possible." That's what that means.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I actually find Danny Dube quite knowledgeable, while Martin McGuire, although he asks soft questions during post-game scrums, is a talented play-by-play announcer.

They are good when they stay within their areas of competence. Both of them fail miserably when they start playing the rumors card. They are no insiders, leave that for others.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Just a shining example of our media and fan base.

I think everyone wants a scoop but people talk too fast. It’s a joke.

The sad part is we read twitter posts and eat this up.

It’s a sad state of affairs when media can say whatever and we’d believe it.

I remember the classic “Habs are trying to trade max ASAP” breaking news. You don’t say? They tried to trade him at draft 10 times and now you’re breaking the news? Bravo! The sad part is people acted like it was brand new info too.

In any case, Habs have better things to worry about. Team is meh. This trigger happy drama is just a waste of time.

Reactions: 417

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

so what you're saying is he did not have a single friend on the team, none...

not a single player liked him enough to show up for a few minutes at a great charity event ?

not a single person ?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I think it's fair to criticize his judgement, but to say he has an evil agenda against the Habs, come on...

Also, he apparently said he will give info on his story tomorrow on 919 sports.

Maybe he did it to make a name for himself, but he doesn't hit me as a polemist craving for attention. I don't know the guy personally, it's just an impression.
I didn't say he had an evil agenda against the habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->