Player Discussion Max Pacioretty discussion part VII: Maximus Decimus Tradius Valus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Maybe because he doesn't have any money!

If he's in the desert right, you would have to imagine that are multitude of factors that got him to this point. I would imagine financial reasons being one of them, possibly lack of love for himself/life? Also he could of burned his money and his other material items because it does get quite cold at night in the desert. I will admit tho, if it was an accident either automobile or plane there is a chance that he may have a bit of money if thus accident was quite recent... really depends on timing tho. So anyways I can't blame Bergevin if there wasn't a proper deal for that bottle of water, you need to get some return on your product.

Well it is Bergevin's fault for once again painting himself into a corner trying to find that one person in the desert that has money to buy his bottle of water. Last trade deadline and draft came and went and he failed to move Pacioretty. Patches ended up having the worst season of his career and will be an impending UFA meaning that he has even less value than he did before. Whatever deal LA was offering for Patch is also off the table because it's possible that whatever pieces they were offering for Patch have since been moved.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It was good enough......unfortunately vetoed by the Pacioretty camp

We can't fault Pacioretty for having nixed LA's reported offer. He doesn't owe Bergevin anything. He was merely looking out for himself.

If Bergevin was really serious about obtaining the best return on the player, he shouldn't have waited for him to have one year left on his deal. Two or even three years ago, coming off gaudy seasons, with plenty of term to spare, would have given Bergevin all the leverage he needed. The player will never sign an extension now that he can test the open market not too far down the road.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Who cares about this mother****ing board. What Bergevin is doing to the team and fans is way worse than what's happening to this board. All the negative talk and energy is cause mainly by Bergevin so no **** every threads ends up negative. He is literally destroying the team. Talking about the Habs now is not trendy, its not cool... It's more of a laughing matter. Nobody cares the Habs. Even long time fans are losing interest in the team because is so badly managed by the incompetent and disrespectful GM. I've never been so detached from the team and I've been through rough time, so it's not just about the team not performing.. but the GM that acts like the fans are idiots. Nobody cares about his "the answer is in da room, we have better defense than last year, the problem was attitude" bull**** except you.

I have no idea why Molson is keeping him there.. Team is losing. Fans stopped going to the Bell Center. Fans stopped watching the games. Fans stopped buying Habs merch etc... He has done nothing good after 6 years and we have to start all over again.. with the same moron.

And who the hell would want to spend money for this crap. I used to buy plenty of t-shirts and going to the BC like 5 times a year.. I didn't do any of that in the past 2 years and Im sure im not the only one. And that's thanks to one guy only. The moment MB will get canned he will be remembered as probably the worst GM of the team history. At least, he'd get my vote.
I have seen some beautiful hab caps and t shirt-strangely on sale down in ontario- and while I would like to buy them I haven't because of this idiot running the habs(take you pick molson or bergie are both morons at this point). I am going to a family reunion this weekend up near sudbury with all my french inlaws who are hab fans, last time I wore a new habs cap and so did my wife, that was 4 years ago. I didn't hate the team back then. We talked a lot of hockey, some like DD some didn't as they are all mostly hab fans(who knew people in ontario watch the game and have a divided opinion on DD 4 years ago despite being french)..

Anyway about all I will say is, "I won't be following them this year" while wearing my U of Kentucky Wildcats cap that i recently picked up instead of a habs one like last time. I just can't spend money on this team until Molson sells or MB is fired. Either will get rid of Burningbin one sooner than the other. Sad to look back at the Gillet days being the best in 25 years while the Molsons have only hurt this team over the same time period.

Benjamin Dobert

Aug 8, 2018
I personally think Max has been quite the influence on the team and he is a good person on and off the ice. As far as the Habs are concerned I can't jump on the bandwagon to lynch Pacioretty. He's been there for a while and is disrespected at every turn. Let him play it out? I'm sure we're well past even trying to keep him, but I'd like to see him slam 30+ pucks down the nets throat and show how Bergevin is a tool for trying to dump yet another player...and not just a player....THE TEAM CAPTAIN! It's not Pacioretty's fault Bergevin can't field a team that has chemistry. You can't captain a team that disappears every two seconds.

KEEP PATCH!

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I personally think Max has been quite the influence on the team and he is a good person on and off the ice. As far as the Habs are concerned I can't jump on the bandwagon to lynch Pacioretty. He's been there for a while and is disrespected at every turn. Let him play it out? I'm sure we're well past even trying to keep him, but I'd like to see him slam 30+ pucks down the nets throat and show how Bergevin is a tool for trying to dump yet another player...and not just a player....THE TEAM CAPTAIN! It's not Pacioretty's fault Bergevin can't field a team that has chemistry. You can't captain a team that disappears every two seconds.

KEEP PATCH!

MB sold out our chemists and Molson is only interested in our food vendors. Seriously we needed to rid ourselves of the Vanilla flavours like Patch and Plek. Much prefer players with some attitude. Du Chien dans l'nez.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
MB sold out our chemists and Molson is only interested in our food vendors. Seriously we needed to rid ourselves of the Vanilla flavours like Patch and Plek. Much prefer players with some attitude. Du Chien dans l'nez.

Molson chemists are replacing vanilla by marijuana. End result is the same -- playing like molasses.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

KEEP PATCH!

I would not be appose to keeping him and re-signing him. Especially if we can't get a good return in a trade. If the plan is the re-surface as a young team on the rise in 3 years ish, Patch could still be a good piece to have up front (From age 31-36). I just wonder what he would be willing to sign. 6 years is the right term IMO but I think he is looking for $8M AAV. Who else are we going to use that cap space on?

Kotkaniemi, Poehling, Drouin, Domi, Patch, Gallagher, Lehkonen are decent top 9 options in a few years IMO. And I do think Patch fits well with Danault.

Drouin / Kotkaniemi / Ylonen or Scherbak
Patch / Danault / Gallagher
Domi / Poehling / Lehkonen

Stanley cup type top 9? Who knows in 3+ years. All depends how good Kotkaniemi, Poehling, Ylonen, Scherbak end up. The goal if Patch stays would be to NOT use him as our #1 forward or #1 PP. I'd use him on the 2nd line and 2nd PP unit. I think he would excel in this role and if we ever trade him, I think that's how another team will use him.

Last edited:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
:laugh: Dont remind me. Still cant believe Tomas Plekanec and his turtle neck will be back for yet another lousy season.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
We can't fault Pacioretty for having nixed LA's reported offer. He doesn't owe Bergevin anything. He was merely looking out for himself.

If Bergevin was really serious about obtaining the best return on the player, he shouldn't have waited for him to have one year left on his deal. Two or even three years ago, coming off gaudy seasons, with plenty of term to spare, would have given Bergevin all the leverage he needed. The player will never sign an extension now that he can test the open market not too far down the road.

A week or so ago there was the scuttlebutt that when Therrien came out with his report card on patches as the worst Habs captain, MB agreed with him. If that was the case why in god's little green acre did he keep him after the playoffs with the Rangers? Even if he didn't agree with Therrein, MB had been with the Habs for 5 years at that point. He saw what this player could bring to a team. Goals in the regular season. Next to nothing in the playoffs. I still don't understand why he wasn't traded last off season. Aside from incompetence.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Let's keep in mind that the Habs haven't got over $7 million worth of unused cap space because they're rebuilding. They have over $7 million worth of unused cap space because UFA's wouldn't take Bergevin's calls. So hearing about how great the 2019 UFA class is going to be doesn't have any effect on me. We aren't getting any of those free agents. We won't even be able to compete for them. Nobody wants to take our money if it means having to play for this team. Nobody who's any good, at least.
well said.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
A week or so ago there was the scuttlebutt that when Therrien came out with his report card on patches as the worst Habs captain, MB agreed with him. If that was the case why in god's little green acre did he keep him after the playoffs with the Rangers? Even if he didn't agree with Therrein, MB had been with the Habs for 5 years at point. He saw what this player could bring to a team. Goals in the regular season. Next to nothing in the playoffs. I still don't understand why he wasn't traded last off season. Aside from incompetence.
Dont bother looking for another reason. "Incompetence"pretty much covers it.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016

KEEP PATCH!

I understand that if we cannot get a good price for patches then we should resign him for the sake of resigning him.... but I am torn on that motion.

We sign him: We are going to have to accept he will want like 8X8 or whatever or he walks. So we overpay for him... his production COULD.... continue to drop or at best we get another 2-3 years of 30-35 goals outta him... and maybe trade him if he has a good season while we are "not rebuilding"....

I like max at 4.5 million, yet I still have many issues with his play dispite the high goal counts. I won't love max at 8 million unless he turns up his game and pots 40 goals (Highly unlikely)

So you have a problem... if we sign him we are going to overpay , and then we are stuck in a Carey Price scenario where he could be nearly unmovable unless we retain salary.

We let him walk: Well then we are losing a 30g a year guy for nothing.... we free up another gob of money so we can give CAPSPACE the raise it rightly deserves (playing 82 games and having a +- of zero is impressive). It sucks to lose him for nothing... but in another 3 years do you really want Max eating 8m of a hit for what I assume would decreasing production? My answer is no.

Max wants his payday and by all rights, he has definitely earned a raise. I just don't know if I want it to be the habs.
I honestly don't know what is best for the organization looking at the future where we need to be rebuilding.:huh:

As many posters have said, we shouldn't be in this situation because the window to move patches is already behind us. We are in this situation because Marc is reactionary and doesn't think past 1 season or believe in windows. He and Molson are a pair of grade A jack-a-ninnies :mad:

My personal opinion is that Marc will give up trying to trade max, resign him for ALOT of money so he isn't the guy that lost a 30+ goal scorer for nothing:skeptic:

Reactions: Pickles and Rapala

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

If the rumored contract offer from LA was $6M ×6 that had 0 chance of being accepted by Patches. I think he would want at least 7 years and he might agree to $7M if the place is a destination for him, but otherwise he will be looking for closer to $8M is my belief.

And on trading him a couple/ few years ago, we were in win now mode LOL. And that would have taken some forward thinking ( like the Rangers trading Stepan, a solid 2C to try to draft a 1C as they thought their centre depth wasn't good enough ) and that is not an MB strength.

Get into the play offs and anything can happen is not a sound strategy. :help:

axman88

Apr 5, 2007
Keep patches let him rack up the goals...increase his value....and SELL at the deadline

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
You don't resign the problems which Max clearly is at this point.
He'll never amount to jack squat here now. Let's saddle ourselves with another long term over-payment.

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018

The problem with that is MB legitimately believed us to be an improved team that would make the playoffs where 'anything can happen' ....

Want My Dach x 77

Sep 2, 2010
vancouver, bc
Pacioretty has been nothing but a true professional , leader , human being His great relationship with Mrs Beliveau etc max has always been a class act here in Montreal ... will go down as one of the most under appreciated habs of all time. All of this and the guy still scored 30 +goals 55 plus points year after year without a true number 1 centre
Even this season 64 games 17 goals on a terrible habs team with their 2 best players (price/Weber) in and out of the lineup , no top pairing puckmoving defenceman (markov gone ) and he needs a playmaker to be at his best and he didn’t really have the chemistry with Drouin and Gallagher he could play with Danault but then again no real Playmaking RW to go along with them (Radulov) all of this and if he didn’t get injured this season still could have scored 25 + ! Max ain’t done at all it just was a terrible season from mainly everyone And with the right line mates and situation he could no problem score 30+ Next season weather it’s with or without us . Time will only tell but this fan base is pathetic to jump all over this guy

Reactions: Benjamin Dobert

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
what a joke, this is the most screwed up situation ever....thanks MB

Hey, that's not fair! "Trades are hard"...
bergevin_marc.jpg

:sarcasm::sarcasm:

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
I would not be appose to keeping him and re-signing him. Especially if we can't get a good return in a trade. If the plan is the re-surface as a young team on the rise in 3 years ish, Patch could still be a good piece to have up front (From age 31-36). I just wonder what he would be willing to sign. 6 years is the right term IMO but I think he is looking for $8M AAV. Who else are we going to use that cap space on?

Kotkaniemi, Poehling, Drouin, Domi, Patch, Gallagher, Lehkonen are decent top 9 options in a few years IMO. And I do think Patch fits well with Danault.

Drouin / Kotkaniemi / Ylonen or Scherbak
Patch / Danault / Gallagher
Domi / Poehling / Lehkonen

Stanley cup type top 9? Who knows in 3+ years. All depends how good Kotkaniemi, Poehling, Ylonen, Scherbak end up. The goal if Patch stays would be to NOT use him as our #1 forward or #1 PP. I'd use him on the 2nd line and 2nd PP unit. I think he would excel in this role and if we ever trade him, I think that's how another team will use him.

:laugh: Maybe if Kotka develops better than McDavid.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad