Player Discussion Max Comtois

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
What a ****ing gem. Should be Canada’s captain at the WJC.

He was a beast tonight.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Curious, do you see him being in the starting line up next year? If so, what kind of role/line do you think he'll be in?
I thought he was good enough to be in the lineup this season. But I could see the team keeping him in the AHL for one season since we’re pretty full on the wings already and having him play in the AHL won’t hurt.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I wouldn't mind seeing Comtois in SD next year with Lundestrom especially if Steels make the roster next season as the 3rd line Center to form the new 'kid line'.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
When does Comtois get the call again? Last week he got in a fight as he shouldn't be fighting, although he can play physical so it happens it's hockey.

His last season playing for San Diego so management probably want him eating minutes I imagine.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
When does Comtois get the call again? Last week he got in a fight as he shouldn't be fighting, although he can play physical so it happens it's hockey.

His last season playing for San Diego so management probably want him eating minutes I imagine.

Well he’s not lighting up the AHL by any stretch and he’s not needed in Anaheim so I doubt he gets a call anytime soon.

His best chance of getting a call up is an injury right now. Even if they send Jones down at any point there are better options than Comtois to play bottom 6 minutes. Either that or he will need to force his way up by dominating the AHL.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
He is currently on pace to have a 32/33 goal season if he were to play 82 games, although this shooting percentage is likely a bit inflated

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I think his trajectory always showed that he will be good, he was just often added to the same age as Terry, Steel, Jones, and Mahura in our heads, thus making him a little less exciting. Idk.
But I was expecting him to make some leaps, definitely excited about this guy. He should improve even more with time.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
seems to be having a big development year along with Lundy. Happy for the both of them

Comtois has taken a huge step, has separated himself miles between guys like Steel and Terry. On pace for over 50 points and over 32 goals (in a 82 game season). Very happy and with this team that is a rarity.

I will disagree. I see not much where he has taken a huge step. He has progressed very well and steady pretty much each year. Sure he is better than last year, but I don't think there has been like a massive step or anything.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I will disagree. I see not much where he has taken a huge step. He has progressed very well and steady pretty much each year. Sure he is better than last year, but I don't think there has been like a massive step or anything.

he is on a 30 plus goal pace and over 50 points on a shitty Ducks offensive team, I mean that’s really good. He also just turned 22 yo.

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad