Player Discussion Max Comtois

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
He is eligible to play 2 more games in SD, which would mean his final AHL game is Wednesday the 21st. They could always call him up before that, though.

They could bring him up right now after he had a goal in his first game with the Gulls, perhaps just give him some more first line minutes there if anything. He's young it won't take him much to be in top condition.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
*Puts on tinfoil hat*

I still think Comtois is down in the AHL primarily to showcase him to Dallas Eakins. Hard to argue that Gibbons is better than Comtois, even with the latter coming off an injury, and particularly in the fourth line capacity that Gibbons has been playing.

Do games in the AHL count towards the number of games needed to burn one season towards UFA status?

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
He's played his 4 game AHL conditioning stint. He needs to be recalled today, yes - no?

I think a stint with the Canadian junior team over the Christmas holidays would be the ideal move.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
He's played his 4 game AHL conditioning stint. He needs to be recalled today, yes - no?

I think a stint with the Canadian junior team over the Christmas holidays would be the ideal move.
Today is his last day for his conditioning stint (or at least it should be). I imagine we'll hear something either later today or tomorrow morning at latest.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl

Why?
He's been better than expected and I can name at least 6 forwards hes already better than. He'll be back with the team expect to see Gibbons or Sherwood gone

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
I don’t get the logic in burning the year off his ELC. I hope it doesn’t hurt us expansion wise
Lundestrom also. Screams of desperation from the front office and coaching staff to try and ice the most competitive team even though those players don’t move the needle much either way. And this was done as opposed to thinking of the long term health of the franchise.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
The 40 game mark is the more important milestone but yeah why not just send him down after his 9th game??
Because BM is an idiot when it comes to these things.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
This indicates to me that BM has zero confidence in this team

Why? This was a poor decision in the fact he should have been sent back a game earlier but it doesn’t indicate zero confidence. It indicates that now that the forward group is healthy he does have confidence in them.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
The injury is the reason he is being sent down. He lost his spot after being out so long, hard to forsee that coming.

Nostradamus doesn't run this team.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
The injury is the reason he is being sent down. He lost his spot after being out so long, hard to forsee that coming.

I think if you were going to burn the year you should have been damn sure he is your guy until at least the 40 game mark.

Oh well, not a huge deal

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I think if you were going to burn the year you should have been damn sure he is your guy until at least the 40 game mark.

Oh well, not a huge deal
They obviously don't care as much about the 9 games as we do, Murray said as much.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA

True. Nostradamus would have seen that the only place for him once the roster was at full strength was on the 4th line.

Lupul1990

Aug 30, 2006
The 40 game mark is the more important milestone but yeah why not just send him down after his 9th game??

It's actually better for us to burn that 1st year, because it's gonna be easier to bridge him in 2021 with pretty much 2 years of experience instead of 2022 with 3 years. And if the bridge contract will be for 2 years, then we will have him for cheap until 2023.

Also, the 40 game mark is related to games on the roster, not games played (at least I think so).

I guess if they were gonna let him play in WJC, then might as well let him go to junior now instead of waiting a couple more weeks.

Last edited:

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
It's actually better for us to burn that 1st year, because it's gonna be easier to bridge him in 2021 with pretty much 2 years of experience instead of 2022 with 3 years. And if the bridge contract will be for 2 years, then we will have him for cheap until 2023.

Also, the 40 game mark is related to games on the roster, not games played (at least I think so).

I guess if they were gonna let him play in WJC, then might as well let him go to junior now instead of waiting a couple more weeks.
Ding ding ding^ ty

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Also Id love to see those who predicted aberg would make such an impression as to have him play his offwing to keep him in the top six. If I remember correctly everyone on this board wanted him off the planet after game one. That would have been quite the call.

Reactions: Duck Off

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

Normally I would agree but the expansion draft changes things in this regard. Although I think we will have enough protection spots anyway at that point and likely one of our D gets taken anyway.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad