Player Discussion Max Comtois

PuckProspects

Jul 23, 2018
It's great to have another goal scorer. Big body hits and shots which is exactly the type of player the ducks needed. Didn't make many mistakes for a rookie

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
I'm so happy for Maxime. From the day one he looked like a boy with the right mindset and the tools to succeed. He went through a tough year - fortunate for us - and came back strong. I like that and in every interview he sounds dedicated. I really like him a lot. I wonder how a line of him and Ritchie on the wings would look like.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Habs are probably wishing they drafted him or any French Canadian who can score.

Ducks didn't have a 1st round pick in 2017, no problem they'll just pick Comtois in the 2nd round who has 1st round talent.

Reactions: McDonald19 and Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
He looks like Rakell

Let`s remember he is young and still eligible for WJC`s. In a few years he will be a very strong dude, he`s a very exciting prospect. Cool that he got first goal on his first shot, that`s pretty biblical.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Last night he reminded me of Bobby Ryan, a better skating version. Big dude with excellent puck skills and a great shot, not too physical. The puck followed him around.
He is known as a physical player in juniors, but obviously as a 19 yo he struggles against NHL guys. I think he will gonna take a few years and will be able to throw some good hits, if necessary.
I didn`t notice but how was his board battles?

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
He is known as a physical player in juniors, but obviously as a 19 yo he struggles against NHL guys. I think he will gonna take a few years and will be able to throw some good hits, if necessary.
I didn`t notice but how was his board battles?
He was pretty good along the boards. He's not weak. It's just that, like Bobby, he doesn't finish a lot of checks, at least not right now. Just skates on by. Some of it is probably a healthy fear of not getting caught behind the play.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I dunno I thought he was one of Anaheim's better forwards last night. When judging his performance in the scope of the entire roster, he was one of the more consistent guys at not making mistakes under pressure.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I think we all knew that puck skills were his strong suit.

What blows me away is how good of a skater he is already.

I’m honestly not sure if going back to juniors does him any good at all. It’s too bad he can’t play in the AHL if needed this year

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010

I’m honestly not sure if going back to juniors does him any good at all. It’s too bad he can’t play in the AHL if needed this year
That's what has me excited about Comtois he seems to have that total package of size, skill and speed (at least at Junior level) and in terms of speed and size he certainly didn't look out of place at the NHL level - jury still out on the skill part but he had some pretty handy plays (that pass to Silf was very good) against San Jose.

I have a feeling in a couple of years that Comtois will be the player Anaheim were expecting/hoping for when they drafted Ritchie.

Reactions: KyleJRM

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
How many players in NHL history have scored on their first shot, on their first shift, in their NHL debut?

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
How many players in NHL history have scored on their first shot, on their first shift, in their NHL debut?
I know that Toews scored on his first shot but I`m not sure if that was his first shift. There should be some statistics about this.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Comtois scored the 6th fastest first goal in NHL history. Pretty cool stat to hang his hat on.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

Barring him completely falling off in the next few games Murray needs to ignore the 9 game tryout limit and worry about decisions when it gets to the 40 game mark. Burning a year off his elc isn’t the worst thing, ufa years are more important.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
That's what has me excited about Comtois he seems to have that total package of size, skill and speed (at least at Junior level) and in terms of speed and size he certainly didn't look out of place at the NHL level - jury still out on the skill part but he had some pretty handy plays (that pass to Silf was very good) against San Jose.

I have a feeling in a couple of years that Comtois will be the player Anaheim were expecting/hoping for when they drafted Ritchie.

Ritchie will also be fine imho.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad