which duo scores more points this year?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
The funny thing is how similar Boeser is to Matthews. They are both right handed shoot first Americans with very similar production, goal to assist ratio and games played in each season so far in their careers.

I would say Matthews = Boeser
Pettersson >>>>> Nylander
Lol oh dear.

Reactions: SHANNYPLAN

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
This thread is going to be very fun to follow and see play out this season...

This thread could be like that Leaf trio vs Flyer trio from a couple seasons ago... hopefully it’s close all season..

Ideal situation- one duo jumps out to a big lead over the first 41 gms -and their fan base goes hyperbolic- only to have the have the second duo comeback and pass em by seasons end. Then a feast of crow to be served. And tears over games played.

Can’t wait.

I can’t believe how absolute people are speaking.
No one can predict injuries.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018

This thread could be like that Leaf trio vs Flyer trio from a couple seasons ago... hopefully it’s close all season..

Ideal situation- one duo jumps out to a big lead over the first 41 gms -and their fan base goes hyperbolic- only to have the have the second duo comeback and pass em by seasons end. Then a feast of crow to be served. And tears over games played.

Can’t wait.

Reminds me of the Laine lock for Calder stuff. And then silence

ZippityDooDa

Dec 22, 2018
Okay, that's fine then. If games played don't matter...

Boeser: 26 goals, 56 points

Nylander: 7 goals, 27 points.

Boeser almost as many goals as Willie has points, lol

Yea or you know, Nylanders first two full seasons where he put up 61 points each..

Nylander = Boeser
Matthews = Pettersson

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Nylander best season: 61 pts in 82 games. 0.74 PPG
Boeser worst season: 56 pts in 69 games. 0.81 PPG

These are also facts.

Let me know when Nylander scores 25 goals.

I must be living in bizarro world where math is diluted. If someone goes into a job and makes the company more money for the year he’s considered the higher earner not the individual that comes close but was sick for long periods of time....plain and simple.

By your standards, Justin Holl who a few seasons ago played two games for the Leafs and scored in both was a better defenceman than 90 percent of the league because his PPG was at least 1.00. That’s not how this works.

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
I must be living in bizarro world where math is diluted. If someone goes into a job and makes the company more money for the year he’s considered the higher earner not the individual that comes close but was sick for long periods of time....plain and simple.

By your standards, Justin Holl who a few seasons ago played two games for the Leafs and scored in both was a better defenceman than 90 percent of the league because his PPG was at least 1.00. That’s not how this works.

So, just to clarify, marner > Matthew's?

Reactions: I Am A Goon

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
There is no general second year correction. That’s a myth that has been debunked.
At this point I think most reasonable poster will agree that it is not laughable to choose one of EP or Matthews over the other. Matthews is the better goal scorer and EP the better playmaker.
Could go either way.

This is good fair post.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Chicken Souvlaki

Sep 26, 2019
Neither will do all that great. Both are overrated.

But it’s still Canucks easily. They should be around 150pts combined and the Leafs duo will be around 100pts combined.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

Can’t wait.

Sounds like the Marner vs Kane vs Marchand vs Gaudreau thread from last year. Wonder what the similarity would be. Hmm...

Lemmiwinks

Jun 11, 2011
B.C.

So if one were to go back in your history to when Matthews had injuries/lower raw point totals to start his career, we wouldn't find you contradicting yourself?

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
So if one were to go back in your history to when Matthews had injuries/lower raw point totals to start his career, we wouldn't find you contradicting yourself?

Matthews hasn't been injured every season and put up exceptional rookie numbers that most rookies couldn't hold a candle to. I probably mentioned something in the Matthews\Laine threads because that was the crutch Jets fans were on and they were quite wrong lol.

Lemmiwinks

Jun 11, 2011
B.C.
Matthews hasn't been injured every season and put up exceptional rookie numbers that most rookies couldn't hold a candle to. I probably mentioned something in the Matthews\Laine threads because that was the crutch Jets fans were on and they were quite wrong lol.
Right - and my point wasn't to take anything away from Matthews in that post. My point is Boeser was sitting at 29 goals and 55 points with 20 games left in his first season when a freak injury occurred (got thrown into an open door at speed, back-first).

That kind freak play would injure anyone, so calling him injury prone is disingenuous imo. It's also disingenuous when people say he's not a 30 goal/60 point scorer when he's always been on pace to exceed those marks by a fair amount. (That was the cherry-picking you were doing by citing his raw totals).

As a fan of Matthews who's had the same unfair criticisms thrown at him, you can see my point no?

Reactions: I Am A Goon

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Ideal situation- one duo jumps out to a big lead over the first 41 gms -and their fan base goes hyperbolic- only to have the have the second duo comeback and pass em by seasons end. Then a feast of crow to be served. And tears over games played

this sounds like every Leafs thread ever. Especially ones that involve Matthews being better than McDavid based off the first 5 games of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad