Matthews/Nylander vs Pettersson/Boeser

which duo scores more points this year?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Matthews- Nykander have a good shot at being the most productive 5v5 tandem in the NHL nextsesson and I doubt the Nucks guys will be able to offset that via pp output so this is an easy vote for the Leafs.

All players involved are fantastic though

Does it seem likely that Matthews-Nylander is going to be reunited this year? I haven't paid much attention to the Leafs this preseason.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
This is much closer then some think but it could go either way really. If Leafs duo wins it's expected but wouldn't be shocked to see Elias beat Mathews by 20 points and Boeser beat Nylander. In my opinion it's Pettersson, Mathews, Nylander, Boeser. The wild card for me is Nylander really super talented but has the worst drive of the four for me. I wouldn't be shocked to see him out score Mathews even. Boeser is the worst for me but his shot alone will keep him relevant he needs to work on his skating though.

Reactions: Stamkos4life

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Not based on numbers that's for sure
I'm genuinely curious Leafs fans, maybe you can help me out Jericho.

We have heard many times that Center>Winger, when talking about comparable players to Matthews that play wing. Of course when talking about Marner, that argument goes out the window and never applies.

We have heard players like Matthews deserve to be bumped way up the rankings across the NHL's elite players because he's a goal scorer. Now we hear that Nylander is superior to Boeser and that Boeser's numbers don't suggest he's better.

I'm getting dizzy from all this insane bias and hypocrisy.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Not based on numbers that's for sure
Depends which numbers. If goals are more important then Boeser has better numbers.
If we use Nylanders numbers from last year where he had a 45 point pace. then it’s Boeser too.
If we use Boesers last year he was on pace for 67 points which is a fair bit better than Nylanders best career year.

Last edited:

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I have Matthews staying healthy and putting it all together this year to push for 50 goals and 90+ points, and while Pettersson is amazing, I think he still needs some time to get to the truly elite level and ends up in the low 70s, with his improvements countered by a drop in his percentages.

I have Boeser and Nylander being fairly close in the 60-70 range assuming Nylander stays back with Matthews. Given his playmaking, Nylander probably has the higher point ceiling but I don't think he reaches it given he won't have a top role on the PP like Boeser.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Depends, Pants Down Matthews might be a whole different animal, similar to Hoodie Melo.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Matthews / Pettersson all depends on the strides EP can take this season. Could continue to be clear edge Matthews, could be close, could be Pettersson making a case for himself. I'll air on the side of Matthews continuing to be better.

But either way, Boeser > Nylander, that's for sure.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Went Petterson Boesser.

Petterson is relatively on par with Mathews
and
Boeser is better than Nylander,

Career PPG pace is

2 (petterson) isn't far off of Mathews and 3 (Boesser) is significantly ahead of Nylander
Seems pretty simple.
Injuries of course could change it, but over 82 games the safe bet is the Nucks duo

Last edited:

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Depends which numbers. If goals are more important then Boeser has better numbers.
If we use Nylanders numbers from last year where he had a 45 point pace. then it’s Boeser too.
If we use Boesers last year he was on pace for 67 points which is a fair bit better than Nylanders best career year.

Yes, but only one of the two has actually hit 61 point seasons..........and he's done it twice now.

Matthews >>> Pettersson
Nylander > Boeser

The Leaf duo wins this. And the poll results support that.

Reactions: DanM

Love

Feb 29, 2012
I’m not sure how anyone can think Nylander is better than Boeser.

Just imagine for a minute if the Leafs had Boeser instead of Nylander. That would be a disgusting forward group never mind power play which could use a right handed guy with an elite shot.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Nylander is outlier here for being the weakest of the bunch. The Canucks duo also has immeasurably more compete level and jam to their game.

Reactions: John Johnson

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Elias Pettersson isn’t facing jail time so i’ll take him over Matthews
Matthews would outscore Pettersson even if he actually was facing jail time and missed half the season

Not a fair poll

Toronto duo easily

Last edited:

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
Matthews would outscore Pettersson even if he actually was facing jail time and missed half the season

Not a fair poll

Toronto duo easily
This is a hyperbole and just plain wrong. You think that if Matthews missed half a season, which probably means around ~40 points, that would be enough to beat a full season of Pettersson? Just because someone doesn't agree with you or share the same favourite players you do doesn't mean you have to make such crazy remarks like that.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Why do you guys always have to exaggerate. You're a bunch little children the way you guys try to make a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad