Matthews/Nylander vs Pettersson/Boeser

which duo scores more points this year?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
Matthews hasn't been injured every season and put up exceptional rookie numbers that most rookies couldn't hold a candle to. I probably mentioned something in the Matthews\Laine threads because that was the crutch Jets fans were on and they were quite wrong lol.

Literally the following year calder winner put up better numbers.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Im curious... my question for leaf fans:

What if by the end of the season
Both teams make playoffs and all 4 guys play 82 games and production is:

AM: 37 goals 100 points
Petey: 30 goals 82 points

Boeser: 40 goals 70 points
Nylander: 20 goals 43 points

Which duo would you take?

WillTheThrill

Mar 2, 2016
Im curious... my question for leaf fans:

What if by the end of the season
Both teams make playoffs and all 4 guys play 82 games and production is:

AM: 37 goals 100 points
Petey: 30 goals 82 points

Boeser: 40 goals 70 points
Nylander: 20 goals 43 points

Which duo would you take?
There’s no way there’s that much of a point difference between Matthews and Nylander. They’ll be playing on same line.

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
That’s cute...show me the 40 goals he scored by a rookie in a season where the scoring was inflated as it was last season where tons of guys went PPG which EP btw didn’t.

Who the hell mentioned EP???

You said and i quote "exceptional rookie numbers that most rookies couldn't hold a candle to"
The following year winner of the calder after Matthews won it was Barzal not Pettersson with 85 points.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
There’s no way there’s that much of a point difference between Matthews and Nylander. They’ll be playing on same line.

Power play may be the difference (Nylander likely has to play on the 2md unit)

Though I can see Matthew's gettingba bitnkess and Nylander a bit more than what was suggested earlier

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
We're not going to go with career highs?

No. Just the statement that nylander produces more. Which nylander did not. I know you can off season, but you're only as good as your last fight. And boeser looked better in his last fight and did better than nylander's

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
and Matthews had nowhere near 85 points
stop trying to put his rookie year on some all time pedestal

I mean he was just the 4th rookie under 20 all time to ever score 40 but sure nothing great about that or finishing second overall in the league just behind Kucherov. You can see yourself out of this convo unless you want to keep getting owned.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
who talks like that? you didn't even know who won the calder after Matthews.

Who knew you would bring up Barzal when he isn't a part of this thread and the point on EP remained accurate anyway...haha. I sure the heck knew that Matthews has a historic season and proved you wrong with you know actual facts.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
see what you have to understand is every rookie season in history had inflated totals
except matthews rookie year

So you're saying scoring totals haven't dramatically risen over the last two seasons? Career 40-50 point players are hitting the 70's and 80's lol....nice try though.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
"Literally the following year calder winner put up better numbers."
clearly that was too difficult for you to understand.

Which has no relevance in this thread at all and your point was still owned. You tried to downgrade Matthews rookie year and clearly proved to you he was in a class with 3 other players all-time. Your inflated rookie totals for Barzal was even more of a joke considering he dropped 23 points last year when he actually had to learn to play some semblance of defence. I made plenty of guys eat crow on here with that one with their garbage about Barzal being better than Matthews or even Marner.

pettersson

Oct 8, 2018
I think people are going to be very surprised at how good Boeser is..if he can stay healthy

This kid hasn't been able to stay healthy, sure, and he even struggled for majority of the season last year and still wracked it up. His playmaking ability really showed more than his elite shot. He started getting his shot while Petey struggled from playing against teams best defenders....when comparing duos, it's hard because who really knows the potential of Pettersson right now. But boeser may be the biggest surprise out of the 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad