which duo scores more points this year?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Boeser aint better than nylander lol

Truthfully, I would say he doesn't stay healthy enough to prove so.

Too many people on focusing on last year, and not historically.
Both Canucks missed games, Nylander stays healthy of the players in the poll.
Positionally both Leafs produce more. Both wingers have something to prove this season.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
healthy Matthews would make their couple win this but we cant really count on that. my guess: matthews 80 in 70 games, petterson 70 points bb 65 points and nylander 50 so winner would be second pair by 5 points

Pettersson only missed 3 less games, and Boeser doesn't stay healthy either.
Its time for Canuck fans to stop throwing stones when it comes to AM34's health.

Reactions: Critical91

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
My confidence in EP is low ATM. What I mean by that is IDK how good he really is. I need to see what he does this year over a full season to have a better understanding of him.

For that reason, I go with the safer choice in the Toronto duo.

EP40 will face the 2nd year correction that many players have.

Healthy, EP over Matthews in scoring is laughable.

Reactions: Atomos2

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Depends which numbers. If goals are more important then Boeser has better numbers.
If we use Nylanders numbers from last year where he had a 45 point pace. then it’s Boeser too.
If we use Boesers last year he was on pace for 67 points which is a fair bit better than Nylanders best career year.

In reality, this did not happen.
I kept on getting told that pace means jack.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
In reality, this did not happen.
I kept on getting told that pace means jack.
People use pace or actual totals of and when either or fits their narrative. Like I use pace to suggest that Laine was a better goal scoring rookie than was Matthews :sarcasm:

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
How can people say Nylander is better than Boeser right now lol?

Pettersson could outscore Matthews, not necessarily a better player I just mean point totals. I would call them a wash. Boeser clear advantage over Nylander though.

Now he has to show it.
How can we say that...we can read.

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
Nylander likely gets stuck on the 3rd line unless he decides to start putting in an effort that befits an NHL player and stops treating backchecking as optional. Babcock's deployment will limit his offensive production in order to try to get him to stop floating.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
And we all know what happened there.
My point, tongue in cheek as it may be is that you can’t have it both ways. If pace counts last year, then it also counts in their rookie seasons. If only totals and not pace count for that rookie season, then you can’t use pace as an argument for the following seasons.

Reactions: Stamkos4life

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Truthfully, I would say he doesn't stay healthy enough to prove so.

Too many people on focusing on last year, and not historically.
Both Canucks missed games, Nylander stays healthy of the players in the poll.
Positionally both Leafs produce more. Both wingers have something to prove this season.

Where do you get this from? Nylander produced like crap last year so no. You can not make statements like that. You'd be lying.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
EP40 will face the 2nd year correction that many players have.

Healthy, EP over Matthews in scoring is laughable.
There is no general second year correction. That’s a myth that has been debunked.
At this point I think most reasonable poster will agree that it is not laughable to choose one of EP or Matthews over the other. Matthews is the better goal scorer and EP the better playmaker.
Could go either way.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I mean based on stats it's Nylander lol...the whole PPG thing is great but staying healthy is part of the deal of playing hockey.
Nylander was a 45 point player based on pace last year. I think we will have to wait and see if he can rebound back to 60 points. He certainly struggled last year and while the first couple of weeks could be excused saying he had to get up to speed. By two weeks he should have been ready to go.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
It’s another good example of the pace counting only when it fits a narrative being argued.

Yes Nylander has the two back to back 61 point seasons but Boeser had 55 and 56 points in comparing seasons in many, many less games.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Pettersson 66pts in 71 games is better than Matthew's 69 in 82 games, so based on first year production Pettersson has shown better year for year.

Boeser is better than Nylander. He only had 27 pts last year.... so i take Boeser over him.

The only way you pick the Toronto duo is if you think Pettersson wont track like Matthews did in year 2 or 3 which was ppg then well over ppg.
Very impressive year 2 and 3 for AM.
Do I see Pettersson doing that?? thats a tough call. Its hard to pick "maybe"'s over proven demonstrated production

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad