Im curious... my question for leaf fans:

What if by the end of the season
Both teams make playoffs and all 4 guys play 82 games and production is:

AM: 37 goals 100 points
Petey: 30 goals 82 points

Boeser: 40 goals 70 points
Nylander: 20 goals 43 points

Which duo would you take?
The idea of Vancouver making the playoffs is laughable.

Reactions: clunk

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
"Get owned." He said as he dropped the mic, knowing how well he proved everyone wrong.
You ever see someone want to call something dominant and refer to it like as a “dominate” performance?

I can see this guy saying his mic drop and owning everyone being a display of “dominiss.”

Reactions: John Johnson

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Still early but ima have to go with Matthews/Nylander. In a different league to the other two.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
This is much closer then some think but it could go either way really. If Leafs duo wins it's expected but wouldn't be shocked to see Elias beat Mathews by 20 points and Boeser beat Nylander. In my opinion it's Pettersson, Mathews, Nylander, Boeser. The wild card for me is Nylander really super talented but has the worst drive of the four for me. I wouldn't be shocked to see him out score Mathews even. Boeser is the worst for me but his shot alone will keep him relevant he needs to work on his skating though.

If Matthews stays FULLY healthy all season, this is a 50-50 player, if not more, how is EP going to beat that?

I know the kid has great potential, but as long as Matthews is healthy, I see EP not touching him.

I would take Willy over Boeser, but this one is a lot closer.

But I will say this, if Matthews cannot stay healthy, I go with EP.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Yes, but only one of the two has actually hit 61 point seasons..........and he's done it twice now.

Matthews >>> Pettersson
Nylander > Boeser

The Leaf duo wins this. And the poll results support that.

Basically

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
There is no general second year correction. That’s a myth that has been debunked.
At this point I think most reasonable poster will agree that it is not laughable to choose one of EP or Matthews over the other. Matthews is the better goal scorer and EP the better playmaker.
Could go either way.

EP had 38 assists last year, AM had 36 in 68 games I believe, and he looks to be taking it up another level this year. I would say a healthy Matthews is good for 50 assists, 50-55 goals, and I don't see EP touching that.

EP is a TERRIFIC player, but I still don't think he touches a healthy Matthews.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
It’s another good example of the pace counting only when it fits a narrative being argued.

Yes Nylander has the two back to back 61 point seasons but Boeser had 55 and 56 points in comparing seasons in many, many less games.

The same Narrative I have seen when people say "Willy only had 27 points last year" while leaving out that he didn't play until December. Willy with a full season last year prob hit's 70 plus points.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
If Matthews stays FULLY healthy all season, this is a 50-50 player, if not more, how is EP going to beat that?

I know the kid has great potential, but as long as Matthews is healthy, I see EP not touching him.

I would take Willy over Boeser, but this one is a lot closer.

But I will say this, if Matthews cannot stay healthy, I go with EP.
Well I'll be very honest here Mathews to me is a good player who gets over rated by some. Whether it's draft position or being part of the largest fan base or something. He has never broke 80 points in 3 seasons and isn't even the highest scoring player on own team. I'm not knocking him as would love to have myself on Canucks but to me he's over rated. Just my opinion though as you have yours. Mathews always starts strong but then slows since coming into league let's let him break 80 points before we call him a 50/50 player. Draisaitl was the first to do it in years last year. It hadn't happened in awhile. I will agree though I'd take Willy over Boeser as Boeser's skating needs lots of work. Regardless four good players and I wouldn't risk betting against either pair outscoring other.

Reactions: Stamkos4life

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
It's basically Matthew's and his pace vs EP.

Nylander vs boeser and his pace.

This is closer then some think. Wouldn't surprise me if EP ends up being better then auston. His playmaking and vision are much better while auston is the better goal scorer. Imo, the playmaker tends to be the better player.

Boeser is pretty even with nylander.

Good poll. Canucks did well in selecting both of those guys.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Vancouver duo...
30654751-BBCD-4C9D-AFC7-195DEDA37E24.gif

pettersson

Oct 8, 2018
Lol at people saying Pettersson is overrated.

Hindsight bias kicking in, oh god he didn't get a point in the first game of the season!! Guy has an elite shot, elite playmaking ability and insane hockey IQ. The best part? the work ethic of this kid is ridiculous and ties it all in. Its fine if you hate the Canucks, but he 100% deserves the recognition he's getting. I'll admit he struggled towards end of last season but he will learn how to play against other teams defenders and under pressure as well as if Canucks have more depth this year.. he's going to get more space when they realize that teams can't just focus on him to shut down the Canucks like last season. Especially if Boeser doesn't struggle this season, not saying he's better than Matthews but he does deserve recognition and I'll be shocked if he's not a top player in this league soon.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Matthews > Petterson
Nylander < Boeser

Went with TO duo, but close.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Canucks fan voting Matthews/Nylander.

Boeser is coming off of a concussion, he will have a slow start.

Pettersson draws all the focus of the opposing teams defenders, he doesn’t have guys like Tavares or Marner to split their attention.

The Canucks simply do not have the kind of talent that the Leafs have and as a result, Pettersson is more or less a one man show.

The Leafs duo should comfortably out produce them this season.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
healthy Matthews would make their couple win this but we cant really count on that. my guess: matthews 80 in 70 games, petterson 70 points bb 65 points and nylander 50 so winner would be second pair by 5 points

How many games is nylander playing to get 50? He is currently 4 in 4

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
It totally is. But at the same time so is the idea of Toronto winning the Stanley Cup.
If ya ain’t first, are ya really and truly not just tied for last?
That’s a weak way of looking at it. You play to give yourself as many chances to make the cup finals as possible. As shown last year, any team that makes the playoffs has a chance to win. All you need is a chance. If you don’t make the playoffs, you don’t even have a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->