Prospect Info: Matthew Boldy, Left Winger, 12th Overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Not going to read too much into it right now, but Hutsko and Newhook are wearing red jerseys at practice while Boldy is wearing a beige jersey

physicaIgraffiti

Sponsor
Jul 31, 2012
Was it ever explained why he didn't get a 2nd assist in the Russia game? On the Zegras goal that made it 4-3

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
am i late to the party? why isn't everyone talking about boldy's goal shot between his legs? that was highlight reel. i see different thread still great performance today.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah, he was thought to go in the top 10. No one saw Seider and Broberg being picked so early, which moved guys like Boldy and Podkolzin back. Some even thought Soderstrom to be a reach, but I always thought he should've been a high'ish pick.

He's growing on me. Does a lot of little things well, and is smart. His game doesn't jump out at you compared to guys like Hughes, Zegras, or Caufield. I don't know if they'll continue the experiment of him playing C at BC, but he sure looks at home being a wing. His work on the boards is VG, as is his net front play. Those skills tend to be more useful to wings.

I would've been fine with Krebs or Newhook, partially because they are C's but Boldy was a good choice. In retrospect, McMichael and Tomasino would've been fine picks, maybe even Suzuki, but they weren't obvious picks at the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: CROCODILE SEATS

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Boldy on some lists went as high as 6-8 (if I remember correctly).

He has talent, smarts, and a knack for doing the right thing with the puck OR being in the right place at the correct time.

And he has some size and tenacity.

That's a good package.

Reactions: 57special

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
The top 15 is so ridiculous in terms of talent in 2019;

Hughes, Kakko, Dach, Byram, Turcotte, Seider, Cozens, Broberg, Zegras, Podkolzin, Soderstrom, Boldy, Knight, York and Caufield. After that is Newhook and Krebs.

That's a lot of talent there

Apr 4, 2015
Minneapolis
The top 15 is so ridiculous in terms of talent in 2019;

Hughes, Kakko, Dach, Byram, Turcotte, Seider, Cozens, Broberg, Zegras, Podkolzin, Soderstrom, Boldy, Knight, York and Caufield. After that is Newhook and Krebs.

That's a lot of talent there
Crazy part is that Hughes and Kakko didn’t even look that good last season. Still think they will be very good but it’s starting to look like Anaheim scored the best player of that draft. Zegras will be a treat to watch the next decade. I imagine him
and Boldy will get quite familiar with each other as opponents on L1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad