Prospect Info: Matthew Boldy, Left Winger, 12th Overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think Boldy could work fine in either the AHL or NHL this season, but you don't want him playing on the fourth line with Bjugstad, Rask, Sturm, Pitlick, and you have to be okay with working through the growing pains. I don't think Evason would be particularly interested in that.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think the earliest that Boldy will get back to the NHL will be early/mid December, and that's if he is playing well, and is fully healthy.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I think Boldy could work fine in either the AHL or NHL this season, but you don't want him playing on the fourth line with Bjugstad, Rask, Sturm, Pitlick, and you have to be okay with working through the growing pains. I don't think Evason would be particularly interested in that.

I wouldn't mind giving him a chance with Sturm/Duhaime, both play a simple north south game with speed. If confidence is what he needs most. A simple game with neutral/o-zone starts, until he finds a comfort level, might be the best spot for him.

Putting him with on heavy d-zone start line with Rask, Pitlick, and/or Bjugstad is setting him (anyone really) up for failure.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I wouldn't mind giving him a chance with Sturm/Duhaime, both play a simple north south game with speed. If confidence is what he needs most. A simple game with neutral/o-zone starts, until he finds a comfort level, might be the best spot for him.

Putting him with on heavy d-zone start line with Rask, Pitlick, and/or Bjugstad is setting him (anyone really) up for failure.

I want him to be encouraged to make plays, be creative, and not be afraid to turn the puck over. I think putting him with Sturm and Duhaime and telling him to play their game is about the worst thing you could do for him right now.

Reactions: Minnewildsota

P10p

May 15, 2012
I want him to be encouraged to make plays, be creative, and not be afraid to turn the puck over. I think putting him with Sturm and Duhaime and telling him to play their game is about the worst thing you could do for him right now.

Agreed, Boldy is likely the furthest thing from a north-south player that we have in our system. He thrives when he is able to control the pace of a game and slow it down to his liking. He is also a big fan of cross ice passes which he executes at a great rate.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010

Right? We rush players to the NHL only to have their offense stifled.
The next opportunity a good offensive prospect comes along? Let’s do what we’ve always done!

It’s insanity

Wabit

May 23, 2016

Playing a power FWD game is bad for him? Putting him on a skill line when he is afraid to make basic plays is the worst thing imo. Let him crawl before making him run.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Playing a power FWD game is bad for him? Putting him on a skill line when he is afraid to make basic plays is the worst thing imo. Let him crawl before making him run.

He's not a power forward in the same way those guys are, so no, I don't want him focused on playing a grinding/checking game the way those two do. Boldy is big and strong on the puck, but his game has more similarity to Kaprizov than it does to Sturm. And I want to bring the offense out in him, not teach him about dumping the puck and finishing checks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad