Prospect Info: Matthew Boldy, Left Winger, 12th Overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Just like the character in former captains, prospect and pro, that pushed the Wild over the top?

Character is absolutely overblown, but there needs to be a balance. With the amount of 'character' they had, the Wild needed to take chances on some misfits.

Overblown, but it is the primary reason the Wild could never properly execute the tank: always punching above their weight.

Reactions: AJ Thelen

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Gently urging the conversation to the correct thread....

Pop Quiz
1.) Can Boldy play center?
2.) Will there actually be college hockey this year?

Answer key
1.) Yes
2.) ?

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Gently urging the conversation to the correct thread....

Pop Quiz
1.) Can Boldy play center?
2.) Will there actually be college hockey this year?

Answer key
1.) Yes
2.) ?
1: yes he can
2: probably a shorter season but i see it happening with a slight delay.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
If it becomes clear college hockey isn't going to have a productive season, i'd assume Boldy would sign and play in the AHL in what ever format that season takes. I think its upto 22 AHL teams owned by NHL clubs, so there will be some sort of AHL season, even if the few remaining independent teams sit it out because they can't afford it(loaning their prospects to other NHL controlled teams).

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I thought that the AHL wouldn't play if they couldn't put fans in the stands? They depend on gate receipts to make money. NHL teams are already going to be bleeding money with gates being either eliminated or reduced.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I thought that the AHL wouldn't play if they couldn't put fans in the stands? They depend on gate receipts to make money. NHL teams are already going to be bleeding money with gates being either eliminated or reduced.
I believe the thinking is that teams that are owned by NHL owners will be able to stomach it. Others may opt out

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I believe the thinking is that teams that are owned by NHL owners will be able to stomach it. Others may opt out

Pretty much. The Wild can spend half of what they are paying Rask and put a competent AHL team together. Needs to be some sort of farm system where AHLers are playing games. Other option is expanded rosters and have black aces the entire season (like an NFL practice squad), but I doubt many GMs like the idea of their 5-10 reserves not playing any meaningful minutes and then being thrust into the lineup.

Im pretty confident there will be some sort of AHL this year, even if the AHL takes a loss that the NHL absorbs.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Not convinced Boldy can play center after how his last season went.

But he's a skilled winger! There's a ton of value in that.

In truth, there is some value in hoping Boldy does develop into a top 6 winger as we could move Fiala for help elsewhere.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
But he's a skilled winger! There's a ton of value in that.

In truth, there is some value in hoping Boldy does develop into a top 6 winger as we could move Fiala for help elsewhere.

Or we could keep both of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad