Prospect Info: Matthew Boldy, Left Winger, 12th Overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Look, all I said is he reminds me of a player and you Caufield haters come at me come at me guns a blazing. Even correcting my grammar like my 5th grade English teacher.

Would love to have a discussion if you would only just explain what it is about Caufield that reminds you of Ciccarelli.

Reactions: 2Pair

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Would love to have a discussion if you would only just explain what it is about Caufield that reminds you of Ciccarelli.
5acbc267facba81f008b45da

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
What does Caufield have to do with Boldy? Or Dino for that matter.
Well, Dino was a terrific bargain for the Stars, from un-drafted signing, to 50 goal scorer as a 21-22 year old.

The optimistic take on Boldy is that he was also a bargain, albeit of a different variety, to fall to the Wild at 12 overall.

It's a stretch.

Got noithing on Caufield.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
It’s hard to say never but really, there will never be another player like Dino ever again. And it’s certainly not someone like Caufield who plays like he is afraid of his own shadow.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Gallagher in Montreal reminds me of him. Not as productive, or course, but has that same fire packed in a small frame.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
dino parked himself in front of the net taking a beating to score goals , parise has tried that. i don't see caufield doing anything similar. caufield kinda zips around the ice looking for an open spot. just my one cent. boldy reminds me of a more talented coyle. (what coyle should have been) maybe caufield is similar to theo fleury or st louis

Reactions: MK9 and MuckOG

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
I see a shorter Nail Yakupov when I watch Caufield.

Boldy reminds me of Max Pacioretty when he was coming up.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Look, all I said is he reminds me of a player and you Caufield haters come at me come at me guns a blazing. Even correcting my grammar like my 5th grade English teacher.
Plenty of those around here. Not sure exactly what it is as he isn’t a Wild prospect... Might be a worry that we “missed out” on a high end skill player. Though, I’m not super worried about that as I think Boldy will be a better all around player while Caufield is definitely more one dimensional.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Craig Button once compared Boldy to Mikko Rantanen......so he has that going for him, which is nice.
I like that comparsion. I feel for me personally they were both unknown to me and blew up after draft so the career path so far feels very similar imo.

a79krgm

Jul 15, 2006
White Bear Lake
www.northstarshockey.com
Caufield reminds me of Dino Ciccerelli. Big shoes but just saying.

Outside of being short, They are not similar at all

To be fair. Caufield seems to have really good sniping ability and Dino was an excellent sniper. So I can see how the two compared that way.

For those you who only saw Dino in his later days, he was more than an "net front player." In his prime, he skated more and played the perimeter. He had a knack of sneaking into prime scoring areas for one timers. His instinct and anticipation skills were exceptional.

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
dino parked himself in front of the net taking a beating to score goals , parise has tried that. i don't see caufield doing anything similar. caufield kinda zips around the ice looking for an open spot. just my one cent. boldy reminds me of a more talented coyle. (what coyle should have been) maybe caufield is similar to theo fleury or st louis
I guess you didn't watch the WJC. What the hell do you think Caufield was doing on the PP? He was in front of the net. That is why he wasn't effective. That is NOT his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad