Prospect Info: Matthew Boldy, Left Winger, 12th Overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Probably just due to his number being 9 but i felt like i see flashes of what could be a bigger Parise potential ceiling in some of those highlights.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Awesome pick at 12.....now let’s get another 1st.

This felt a lot like a guy you don’t expect to fall to you when he does you can’t pass him up. I wonder if that leads Fenton to try and get back into the first for one of the late round centers. I love this pick, but we still desperately need to address center long term.

Reactions: Mancini79

puckMAN

Dec 28, 2004
North St Paul
Who dose he compare to?I saw an Evander Kane comparison either tonight,but I've been watching Matt's videos on YouTube the last few days and the name I thought of is a left handed Jeremy Roenick.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
One thing about Boldy too, is that I'm pretty sure the USNTDP coach had him on the 3rd line a lot, to "spread the wealth". So it's not like he was leeching off of Hughes/Caufield on the 1st line or Turcotte on the 2nd, at least at even strength anyway.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Who dose he compare to?I saw an Evander Kane comparison either tonight,but I've been watching Matt's videos on YouTube the last few days and the name I thought of is a left handed Jeremy Roenick.
Button compared him to Rantanen. I see Marian Hossa

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Yeah, the guy that coached Ovechkin, Backstrom, Semin, Getzlaf and Perry is known for stunting offense.

The team that couldn't develop Coyle, el Nino, Eriksson-Ek, Kunin as nothing more than depth players is known for developing offensive talent.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
The team that couldn't develop Coyle, el Nino, Eriksson-Ek, Kunin as nothing more than depth players is known for developing offensive talent.

I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but a lot has changed since those guys were in their development years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad