Prospect Info: Matthew Boldy, Left Winger, 12th Overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I believe 2020s top 12 of Lafreniere, Byfield, Stutzle... Perfetti, Askarov, Lundell is much better than 2019s group, I just think 2019 had a deeper first round. You’re not going to get the McMichaels and Tomasino in the twenties this year.

Reactions: AKL

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I believe 2020s top 12 of Lafreniere, Byfield, Stutzle... Perfetti, Askarov, Lundell is much better than 2019s group, I just think 2019 had a deeper first round. You’re not going to get the McMichaels and Tomasino in the twenties this year.

I'm not a professional by any means, and even professionals get it wrong, so I know I'm prone to getting it wrong, but it was always kind of a small pet peeve of mine when people would talk about the quality of 2020 vs. 2019. 2019 is going to have some great players, but the top 10 in 2020 blows the top 10 of 2019 out of the water. And I saw too many people talking about Lafreniere vs. Hughes as if it was a fair comparison to Hughes.

2019 was an all time great draft class for Americans, but 2020 was just a great draft class in general.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I'm not a professional by any means, and even professionals get it wrong, so I know I'm prone to getting it wrong, but it was always kind of a small pet peeve of mine when people would talk about the quality of 2020 vs. 2019. 2019 is going to have some great players, but the top 10 in 2020 blows the top 10 of 2019 out of the water.
Yeah like you said, I’m no professional, but just comparably the seasons the players were having in both drafts it seemed like a no brainer to me.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
The top 15 is so ridiculous in terms of talent in 2019;

Hughes, Kakko, Dach, Byram, Turcotte, Seider, Cozens, Broberg, Zegras, Podkolzin, Soderstrom, Boldy, Knight, York and Caufield. After that is Newhook and Krebs.

That's a lot of talent there

Most drafts look like that after the next WJC...

Half those players will likely end up being mediocre NHLers.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
The time up through it. Top 10-15 picks rarely lose their luster that quickly. Usually takes some time.

I could see the 2019 draft being similar to the 2013 (MacKinnon, Barkov, Jones, Lindholm, Nurse, Horvat in the top 10) 0r 2015 without the McDavid (McDavid, Eichel, Strome, Marner, Hanifin, Werenski, Rantanen).

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
But it'll have the potential.

And his point was that most every draft looks like has the potential so close from the date of it. 2019 has a lot of work to do to put anybody on the Rantanen/Marner/Barzal level, speaking nothing of Eichel or McDavid (incredibly unlikely). I'm rooting for it to happen, because it probably means some really good things for USA hockey, but I guess Fiala does still have some Bure potential too.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Though can d0 no right.

Where's Bazeek at these days, anyways?

I think he fell into the same trap all our other moderators throughout history have, where he took some time off cause there wasn't much going on, and then realized how much he enjoys not being a moderator

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I think he fell into the same trap all our other moderators throughout history have, where he took some time off cause there wasn't much going on, and then realized how much he enjoys not being a moderator

And every single one that follows that path, I move one spot closer.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
That's fair. I wouldn't blame them, either. Talon has probably lost days of his life deleting/editing/merging my posts

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
It would be nice to see him top his 7 game point streak next year, especially considering he'll be on the Wild.

Though can d0 no right.

Where's Bazeek at these days, anyways?
It's been a weird few months. Haven't been able to do much more than follow along and try to piece together why Boldy isn't letting Caufield score any goals :huh: I'm still a big fan, but the character issues are starting to pile up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->