Player Discussion Matt Dumba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
You must have better info then, what is it?
Broken bone , he would be in serious pain and off ice immediately.

Shoulder would probably be Labrum ( surgery not needed in most cases.... I have had both torn and just rehabbed them)

I'm not a Dr or going to med school though

space321

May 11, 2011
Their team top down from coach to players is just disgraceful for jumping then fighting then continuing to harass a player for a clean hit. f*** the flames. Tkachuk would just turtle if someone went after him, so I hope Gaudreau gets a serious injury, a concussion would be nice.

Reactions: Dakota Sioux

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Their team top down from coach to players is just disgraceful for jumping then fighting then continuing to harass a player for a clean hit. **** the flames. Tkachuk would just turtle if someone went after him, so I hope Gaudreau gets a serious injury, a concussion would be nice.
Man, don't trash up the board with this crap.

Reactions: FVM and DirtDiver

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
Their team top down from coach to players is just disgraceful for jumping then fighting then continuing to harass a player for a clean hit. **** the flames. Tkachuk would just turtle if someone went after him, so I hope Gaudreau gets a serious injury, a concussion would be nice.

There's absolutely nothing special about going after the player that injured one of theirs, heck we had Hendricks going for Giordano. Tkachuk ain't no slouch either, so the 'trade off' wasn't bad at all. The real question obviously is whether Dumba should've fought in the first place after a clean hit. Or should such a gentleman unwritten rule even be honored anymore.

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
The whole injury might not even be related to the fight, since Dumba himself apparently has no idea how it happened. Would help if we knew for a fact what's wrong with him.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Broken bone , he would be in serious pain and off ice immediately.

Shoulder would probably be Labrum ( surgery not needed in most cases.... I have had both torn and just rehabbed them)

I'm not a Dr or going to med school though
He was seen wearing a sling, which is often to take weight off the shoulder. I had near chronic problems with separated shoulders when I was younger and rambunctious, but they generally don't need surgery. I found using a sling relieved the pain buildup in my shoulder area.

Some broken bones aren't obvious pain wise unless the limb moves just so. It depends...some people have crazy high pain tolerances, others not so much.

Can't see someone wearing a sling for a hand problem, probably not for a wrist or elbow, either. Collarbone would be an obvious problem to spot, i think.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
There's absolutely nothing special about going after the player that injured one of theirs, heck we had Hendricks going for Giordano. Tkachuk ain't no slouch either, so the 'trade off' wasn't bad at all. The real question obviously is whether Dumba should've fought in the first place after a clean hit. Or should such a gentleman unwritten rule even be honored anymore.
And the answer is no. Dumba shouldn't have to fight, and what's more, shouldn't be allowed to fight. Same with Suter. Giordano kneed Koivu. That's dirty. You can make an argument for him having to answer for that, but even there, I think it's stupid. Having Hendricks administer the punishment? Even stupider.

We have a whole generation of players who don't know what the hell to do in a fight. I'm completely cool with that...fighting is boring, for the most part...but if you are going to do it, you have to understand the Who, What, When, and Where's of it.

Reactions: space321

space321

May 11, 2011

clean hit vs dirty knee on knee, that is the difference

space321

May 11, 2011
And the answer is no. Dumba shouldn't have to fight, and what's more, shouldn't be allowed to fight. Same with Suter. Giordano kneed Koivu. That's dirty. You can make an argument for him having to answer for that, but even there, I think it's stupid. Having Hendricks administer the punishment? Even stupider.

We have a whole generation of players who don't know what the hell to do in a fight. I'm completely cool with that...fighting is boring, for the most part...but if you are going to do it, you have to understand the Who, What, When, and Where's of it.

Dumba shouldn't have to but he was being hunted by the lames and it wasn't going to stop because the refs certainly didn't care.

A measley 1 game suspension for Lomberg and only a fine for their coach, yah that's a huge deterrent...

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland

As I replied just moments ago, there was head contact and the player is injured due to concussion (apparently, haven't checked on if it's officially stated). So for them, it was just as dirty as the Giordano kneeing and they thought they had cause to get some retribution. We obviously disagree but that's not the point. But yes, I do agree it's stupid to have to answer for something like that. I even think Giordano didn't have to either since I wholeheartedly believe he didn't want to take out Koivu's knee.

valence

Nov 16, 2008
He must have torn something. I recall during a power play he fanned on a slapper from the left point. Only watch Wild games coz of him. Gotta watch that video of that period ... Such a mystery.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
He was seen wearing a sling, which is often to take weight off the shoulder. I had near chronic problems with separated shoulders when I was younger and rambunctious, but they generally don't need surgery. I found using a sling relieved the pain buildup in my shoulder area.

Some broken bones aren't obvious pain wise unless the limb moves just so. It depends...some people have crazy high pain tolerances, others not so much.

Can't see someone wearing a sling for a hand problem, probably not for a wrist or elbow, either. Collarbone would be an obvious problem to spot, i think.
I was given a sling when I had surgery to put a plate in my wrist after I shattered it. My brother was in a sling when he broke his arm (forearm). My Brother in law was in a sling when he broke his clavicle.

It's still early in the injury, slings this soon are used for a wide range. Now, shoulder injuries are likely to continue requiring the sling longer than say a wrist or forearm, but not a clavicle. I had my sling for 2 weeks after my wrist surgery. Started wearing the sling immediately after the injury, so that was basically 3 weeks with my arm in a sling.

In the case of a wrist, it's not to take weight off anything, but to keep the wrist stable and out of general harms way while it is in the early stages of healing.

Last edited:

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017

What the hell is wrong with you?

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
He must have torn something. I recall during a power play he fanned on a slapper from the left point. Only watch Wild games coz of him. Gotta watch that video of that period ... Such a mystery.
I agree. he could have completely tore muscle off bone or whatever it connects to.
That would make sense for him to have surgery to re-attach.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think if Koivu leaves or retires when his contract is up, Dumba should be strongly considered as the next C.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
might even be best to do it now. turn a new leaf and feed off of dumba instead of koivu.
No, I wouldn't do that. I like Dumba as a future captain, but Koivu has earned the chance to retire from the Wild as a captain. I also don't think it would sit that well in the locker room, doing that to a guy that's given half his life to the franchise. The impact of captaincy is overblown. The players can feed off Dumba's energy even if he isn't wearing a letter. I'd even be tempted to make the argument that if they don't feed off his energy in spite of not being a named captain, he isn't captain material anyway.

Reactions: Dakota Sioux

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I’d be inclined to give Dumba the C in the hopes of inspiring him to be a life-time Wild. Is it bad that I’m already getting anxious about him hitting UFA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad