Player Discussion Matt Dumba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I’d be inclined to give Dumba the C in the hopes of inspiring him to be a life-time Wild. Is it bad that I’m already getting anxious about him hitting UFA?

Well he'll be going into his 29 yo season when he hits UFA, or they could just sign him to an 8 x $11.5m deal the year before that.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I’d be inclined to give Dumba the C in the hopes of inspiring him to be a life-time Wild. Is it bad that I’m already getting anxious about him hitting UFA?

No, it's not bad, it just speaks to how important of a player he is. With him I'd be less worried about it than with most guys. He'll be super expensive (I'm sure he'll set a new AAV franchise record), but I think he genuinely likes playing for the Wild, and will give them the chance to sign him. The only thing I forsee possibly stopping us from being able to are the overpriced contracts on the team. A good GM moves those in advance of a Dumba re-signing, if they need to be moved to make that happen.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't see Dumba being a Captain, at least in the near future. I do see him being a guy who keeps the team loose(almost spelt this "lose" :laugh:), and breaks down barriers within the team. I don't think we can say that about Suter or Parise.

Thought that Granlund would be a Captain in the future.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Didn't he get it in his 2nd year? Really doubt it was a factor when free agency was 5-6 years away

That's the thing. Any examples there are of guys who stayed because of captaincy, the public isnt really privy of.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Most captain types probably don’t care if they have the C on their jersey or not. And most people don’t base where they want to play on whether or not they can wear the C.

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Who has it ever happened with? I can't think of one example where the captaincy has inspired a player into staying with a team.
Anders lee? That was just this year. I’ve got to think that having a letter on your jersey makes is a little more enticing to stay. Probably not for everyone, but to some.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I would try to get Dumba out there for 2 full minutes of as many power plays as possible.

Obviously shifts prior to the power plays make an impact...
Not arguing against that either. Just saying it didn't hurt tonight.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
PPTOI tonight
Spurgeon 3:43
Dumba 1:54

Coaching is hard
Brodin/Dumba were on the ice for all penalties drawn at 5v5 last night, so Suter/Spurgeon were rested and got the PP start. Bruce has been running out whichever is more rested. It just happens to be the case you have to go back to Edmonton for the last time Dumba/Brodin or Hunt/Soucy weren't in the middle or at the end of a shift when a penalty was drawn.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Can't complain about Dumba last night, and didn't Suter score on the PP?

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
3 goals, 9 points in 32 games. Hugely disappointing production. Maybe the biggest bust of the year that no one is talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->