Player Discussion Matt Dumba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Alright. Not bad. That should about do it for us this summer minus 4th liners.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
$1.5M in space, one player left to sign. Cullen or Carter, come on down.

$2.2m free with Dalphe and Schroeder on the roster. I would assume one if not both of those guys will get sent down after camp though and two of Cullen/Carter/Porter get signed to 1 year deals. Or maybe some ninja trade is still incoming, who knows?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
$1.5M in space, one player left to sign. Cullen or Carter, come on down.

We're getting close the the 50 contract limit, 48 now according to generalfanager.

Cullen would be nice, but I wouldn't be heartbroken if we didn't sign him. Instead kept some roster/cap flexibility.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
We're getting close the the 50 contract limit, 48 now according to generalfanager.

Cullen would be nice, but I wouldn't be heartbroken if we didn't sign him. Instead kept some roster/cap flexibility.

Only 47 according to Cap Friendly. Eriksson Ek's doesn't still count if he's over in Sweden, does it? Otherwise I'm not sure where the difference would come in.

I still think we need one 4th line vet, whether it be Cullen, Carter or even Porter. Otherwise we're looking at a Schroeder/Graovac/Stewart 4th line, which I don't like all that much. I think we need another penalty killer.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Only 47 according to Cap Friendly. Eriksson Ek's doesn't still count if he's over in Sweden, does it? Otherwise I'm not sure where the difference would come in.

I still think we need one 4th line vet, whether it be Cullen, Carter or even Porter. Otherwise we're looking at a Schroeder/Graovac/Stewart 4th line, which I don't like all that much. I think we need another penalty killer.

Not sure with birthdays and everything.

I'm still hoping on Tuch blowing up in camp and forcing his way into the lineup. (wishful thinking). It would push Zucker (Pommer) down to 4th line with Stewie.

Even slimmer chance of JEE and Tuch making opening roster. But would be a nice boost if they did (legitimately ready).

Wondering if the Conner Murphy signing playing into closing Dumba's contract. (6x$3.85m).

Last edited:

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Not sure with birthdays and everything.

I'm still hoping on Tuch blowing up in camp and forcing his way into the lineup. (wishful thinking). It would push Zucker (Pommer) down to 4th line with Stewie.

Even slimmer chance of JEE and Tuch making opening roster. But would be a nice boost if they did (legitimately ready).

Wondering if the Conner Murphy signing playing into closing Dumba's contract. (6x$3.85m).

JEE doesn't count in Europe for sure. Might not even count in the AHL as long as he's under 10 NHL games (His ELC definitely would not start under 10 NHL games, not sure if it counts as a 50 contract though) . I'll look that up, but won't be until tomorrow until I get time.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
JEE doesn't count in Europe for sure. Might not even count in the AHL as long as he's under 10 NHL games (His ELC definitely would not start under 10 NHL games, not sure if it counts as a 50 contract though) . I'll look that up, but won't be until tomorrow until I get time.

If he was in the AHL, his ELC is in effect, and he counts against the 50.

The 10 NHL games rule would only be in effect if the went back to Europe. If he's playing Pro within the Wild organization (AHL or NHL) his ELC is counting.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
I can live with this. He has two years to mature and grow into his game as a NHL D-man.

He might need a huge raise then, but we hopefully will have some money freed up by then

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
If he was in the AHL, his ELC is in effect, and he counts against the 50.

The 10 NHL games rule would only be in effect if the went back to Europe. If he's playing Pro within the Wild organization (AHL or NHL) his ELC is counting.

Bolded is incorrect. Anyone under 20, like JEE, regardless of league drafted need 10 NHL game to start their ELC clock. They can play in the AHL(and get paid what their ELC calls for) and have their ELC slide. Mikko Rantennen and William Nylander are recent examples that had their ELC slide a year in the AHL.

jackouu

Nov 25, 2015
Helsinki
I like this deal! Is there a summer employee doing these deals as Fletcher would normally make some crazy ass contracts in these situations :laugh:

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
giphy.gif

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Bolded is incorrect. Anyone under 20, like JEE, regardless of league drafted need 10 NHL game to start their ELC clock. They can play in the AHL(and get paid what their ELC calls for) and have their ELC slide. Mikko Rantennen and William Nylander are recent examples that had their ELC slide a year in the AHL.

Learn something new every day... I didn't know the AHL had a slide rule for ELC's. Apparently the only way a 19yro player wouldn't slide in said situation is if he turns 20 between Sept 16th and Dec 31st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad