Mats Zuccarello pt. II - Thanks for signing a contract edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
According to the New York Post :

"No update is expected until Monday, at the earliest, regarding the condition of Mats Zuccarello".

So i guess we just...wait..

Wolfy*

No update until tomorrow is old news.

As others have mentioned, they don't like to tell much about players health status during the playoffs.

So if we don't hear much tomorrow...he's fine.

If there is a call up...oh no, it's bad.

BarbaraAlphanse

No update until tomorrow is old news.

As others have mentioned, they don't like to tell much about players health status during the playoffs.

So if we don't hear much tomorrow...he's fine.

If there is a call up...oh no, it's bad.

There probably won't be a call up either way, since Shepp is up.

I'd think that Zucc not practicing would be a sign of bad. That's just me though.

Wolfy*

They prefer to have spare players up here you know, a forward and a d..

KingStian

Jan 8, 2011
Losing Zucc for any significant time would be a huge loss. I'm hoping it's just precautionary that he didn't return on Friday. I hate not knowing.

Is there someone at all down in Hartford who can bring anything to our lineup in a worst case scenario?

BarbaraAlphanse

Losing Zucc for any significant time would be a huge loss. I'm hoping it's just precautionary that he didn't return on Friday. I hate not knowing.

Is there someone at all down in Hartford who can bring anything to our lineup in a worst case scenario?

Lindberg. Hrvik. Klingberg.

That's about it.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
In a worst case scenario, where Zucc is sidelined, Sheppard will step into the lineup, and a callup will take the 13th forward position. We have some that can fill that position down in the pack, Lindberg immediately comes to mind.

But lets not paint it black just yet :)

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
We can post things like "I think its xxx" and "It looks like xx" right? If not theres not much leeway for people to talk about anything until someone official comes along

Yeah, posting what you think it is is perfectly fine. Posting what you saw and what you believe the injury might be based on a past experience or someone you know who had a similar experience is also fine.

Discussion is encouraged.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
While I'm not going to speculate on what the issue is, all of the signs point to it being bad. No info yet, no updates pending, left the game instantly and did not return. Looked like a puck to the temple. The guy on here who seems to get the injuries right saying it's a serious injury...

If he's out, that's a humongous blow.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
He hadn't been practicing last week anyway so him not practicing tomorrow really would not mean much.

That is exactly what I was thinking. I think Zooks was already playing through pain in at least 1 area if not more. The team just does not say what it is. Calls it overall soreness or a maintenance day.

BarbaraAlphanse

While I'm not going to speculate on what the issue is, all of the signs point to it being bad. No info yet, no updates pending, left the game instantly and did not return. Looked like a puck to the temple. The guy on here who seems to get the injuries right saying it's a serious injury...

There is padding there. That doesn't ensure much but at least it lightened the impact. AV said he was fine. He was most probably held over night to be evaluated, as Ramsay said they were continuously doing.

No updates because the Rangers were off for the two days.

Next guy up mentality if he's up. Rangers have had to play like this all season. McDonagh out for weeks. Boyle. Hank. Brass. Glass :)laugh:). Fast. Stepan. MSL. Klein.

All of these guys had significant injuries throughout the course of the season and the Rangers had players to step up and allow the team to not miss a beat during their individual absences.

Zucc is no different, although I hope that he doesn't miss any time. He's one of my favorite players.

anofsti

May 14, 2011
Best case scenario is Zuccarello sidelined for two games (and recovers from "Overall body soreness" too), Sheppard scores 6 points, and both gwg, taking Glasses place in the lineup when Zuccarello comes back.

Sweep their way into the Stanley Cup/Zuccarello scores the GWG in 7th OT, game 7 of the SCF.

BarbaraAlphanse

Best case scenario is Zuccarello sidelined for two games (and recovers from "Overall body soreness" too), Sheppard scores 6 points, and both gwg, taking Glasses place in the lineup when Zuccarello comes back.

Sweep their way into the Stanley Cup/Zuccarello scores the GWG in 7th OT, game 7 of the SCF.

If Sheppard scores 6 points in 2 games, he won't be taking Glass's spot... he'll take Miller's! Lol. I wish I was kidding.

Wolfy*

Lets pray for our little hobbit, may he recover quickly.

The playoffs will not be the same without him, his energy and vision on the ice is such a big part of this team.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC

All signs? The only statement we got was right after the game when AV said "he was alright" during the presser. If it was a puck to the temple he certainly wouldn't have made light of such a serious injury. Now, perhaps during the subsequent observation phase doctors discovered a hairline fracture or internal bleeding. But clearly this was not a direct shot to face as he would not be alright.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010

He was in the hospital for observation. That's why he didn't return. What the injury is or was I obviously don't know. But we still know that he had to at least go to the hospital for it don't we? Has that been confirmed? Because the fact Hags and Brass discussed winning the game for Zucc to me confirms that, since they wouldn't really be feeling that strongly if Zucc was simply in the locker room. Him being rattled enough that he had to be in the hospital unable to celebrate with the team would be in line with them having such motivation.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
He was in the hospital for observation. That's why he didn't return. What the injury is or was I obviously don't know. But we still know that he had to at least go to the hospital for it don't we? Has that been confirmed? Because the fact Hags and Brass discussed winning the game for Zucc to me confirms that, since they wouldn't really be feeling that strongly if Zucc was simply in the locker room. Him being rattled enough that he had to be in the hospital unable to celebrate with the team would be in line with them having such motivation.
If i recall, someone said that Hags mentioned that Zucc had gone to the hospital in his post game interview (i've not seen that interview myself).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad