Mats Zuccarello pt. II - Thanks for signing a contract edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
And you guys in Norway should keep an eye on the papers there, they would probably know whats going on with Zuccarello before anyone else.
Way ahead of you, hehe (nothing reported this far, other than that he left the ice with an injury).

Wolfy*

Way ahead of you, hehe (nothing reported this far, other than that he left the ice with an injury).

Well then that's official for now. I'm convinced he's not seriously injured until a reliable source (Rangers or media) says he is.

I wouldn't trust any post in here without a link, that's why I'm glad the mods remove them.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Still pretty sure the puck hit him in the helmet. I slo-mo'd the replay on my 112" screen several times and the best I could tell the puck hit flat (it was knuckling) against the helmet just above the front of the left ear. If that's the case I'm sure they wanted to observe for the possibility of internal bleeding even if nothing was broken. After Hank, they aren't taking any chances.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@rangersreport: Not expecting any updates on Zuccarello today, probably not tomorrow. Team likely goes back to work Monday.â€

BarbaraAlphanse

Still pretty sure the puck hit him in the helmet. I slo-mo'd the replay on my 112" screen several times and the best I could tell the puck hit flat (it was knuckling) against the helmet just above the front of the left ear. If that's the case I'm sure they wanted to observe for the possibility of internal bleeding even if nothing was broken. After Hank, they aren't taking any chances.

Didn't it look like he was motioning/caressing his upper cheek? Was I seeing things?

KingStian

Jan 8, 2011
Didn't it look like he was motioning/caressing his upper cheek? Was I seeing things?

I wouldn't put to much into where he was holding. Sometimes a nearby part can feel affected. I've had ear infections that made me feel like a had tooth ache.

YetAnotherNorwegian

Nov 1, 2010
The way it bounced seems more like a helmet hit than jaw/cheek to me. Looks like he's rubbing his temple and forehead while on the bench, too. That would hopefully be just the pain of the hit.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
The puck hit him in the helmet, you would have known if a full on slap shot hit him in an unprotected part of his face. It would have been a bloody mess.

Wolfy*

Yeah and the helmet and visor also covers the temple area. Interesting that he puts his hand on the forehead.

I believe the worst would be a concussion, otherwise I'm pretty sure he'll be back for round 2.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Pittsburgh_Penguins_v_New_York_Rangers___Game_Five.jpg

This is from a Norwegian news site..

If this is after he was hit, he's holding his jaw it looks..

He also looks a little groggy..

But I've been wrong before..

Link to article w/pic;

http://www.nettavisen.no/sport/vintersport/zuccarello-skadd-da-rangers-vant/3422779443.html

Last edited:

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC

Yes, he definitely was. I'm guessing the force of the puck hitting the helmet jarred the side of his face. Hard to say exactly what happened. But I'm fairly confident the initial impact was to the helmet. As Miamipuck said, if that shot hit him directly in the face it is very unlikely he would have skated off on his own.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
I'm not sure what you can make out of this one. But to me it looks like the puck hits his helmet.

To me it looks like it definitely hit him side of the head almost directly in the temple area. The way he's woozy and then puts his hand on his eyebrow/forehead to me signifies an instant pressure he's feeling behind his eye (I'm thinking about times I've been hurting that make me put my hand in a similar area). He probably felt tons of throbbing.

Not sure what to make of it, but Hags did say he was in the hospital and that him and Brassard said they wanted to win it for him. So there's definitely concern there. Thankfully he has time to heal but this most definitely could also be something very serious. Even if not, I think he misses a game or two at the minimum. If you've ever been hit in the head like that you know it takes at minimum, with no other complications, at minimum, a week or week and a half to be symptom free. And holy hell McDonagh, what is it with you and causing freaky injuries to our guys??

And on edit: No, it's not his jaw. And he's probably in the hospital being evaluated for internal bleeding or swelling. Being hit there that hard is no joke, and can cause very dangerous complications. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they hold him there a few days to fully evaluate.

Last edited:

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
To me it looks like it definitely hit him side of the head almost directly in the temple area. The way he's woozy and then puts his hand on his eyebrow/forehead to me signifies an instant pressure he's feeling behind his eye (I'm thinking about times I've been hurting that make me put my hand in a similar area). He probably felt tons of throbbing.

Not sure what to make of it, but Hags did say he was in the hospital and that him and Brassard said they wanted to win it for him. So there's definitely concern there. Thankfully he has time to heal but this most definitely could also be something very serious. Even if not, I think he misses a game or two at the minimum. If you've ever been hit in the head like that you know it takes at minimum, with no other complications, at minimum, a week or week and a half to be symptom free. And holy hell McDonagh, what is it with you and causing freaky injuries to our guys??

And on edit: No, it's not his jaw. And he's probably in the hospital being evaluated for internal bleeding or swelling. Being hit there that hard is no joke, and can cause very dangerous complications. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they hold him there a few days to fully evaluate.

I could tell immediately it hit him in the area where there is little to no protection, near the ear/temple area. Zucc's face told it all once he got back to the bench, he looked very scared and nervous. For obvious reasons...

The evaluation of him in the hospital is precautionary, just to make sure. That shot wasn't deflected and hit him direct, so they need to make sure he's ok. Very scary.

Don't underestimate the rumor that was posted here from being true. This is playoff time, and they wouldn't come right out and announce the injury, and even when they do on Monday, they will be very coy about the nature of it.

Hoping he's ok!

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
I could tell immediately it hit him in the area where there is little to no protection, near the ear/temple area. Zucc's face told it all once he got back to the bench, he looked very scared and nervous. For obvious reasons...

The evaluation of him in the hospital is precautionary, just to make sure. That shot wasn't deflected and hit him direct, so they need to make sure he's ok. Very scary.

Don't underestimate the rumor that was posted here from being true. This is playoff time, and they wouldn't come right out and announce the injury, and even when they do on Monday, they will be very coy about the nature of it.

Hoping he's ok!

I agree that he looked very nervous, scared and woozy. Very concerning. Hopefully there are no complications and we'll see him early on against Washington.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I feel the helmet is simply not good enough - that's why Nash was worried
to go to the net after his concussions. It's dangerous when another player shoot the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad