Mats Zuccarello pt. II - Thanks for signing a contract edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Dru

Formerly Kakk Addict
Mar 12, 2012
No way AV says Zucc is "all right" if it's truly this bad. Not once can I recall getting a sense of false optimism when it comes to injuries from AV.

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
"All right" could have simply meant that he's not in critical condition, unconscious, or anything of that nature. I cut the guy some slack, he was busy trying to coach his team to a huge win, not with the doctors.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
No way AV says Zucc is "all right" if it's truly this bad. Not once can I recall getting a sense of false optimism when it comes to injuries from AV.

This was mere minutes after the injury. He was reporting what he knew at the time, and after a serious incident like that, him being 'all right' doesn't mean he's out of the water yet, it just means he isn't dead/unconscious/severely injured.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
"All right" could have simply meant that he's not in critical condition, unconscious, or anything of that nature. I cut the guy some slack, he was busy trying to coach his team to a huge win and not with the doctors.

Exactly.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
If Zuc is severely hurt, then I will never trust anything AV says again. If he just said "I haven't heard anything; he's being evaluated and we will know more soon" it would be different, but to say that a player is "all right" only to potentially find out over 48 hours later that he isn't is a different matter entirely.

AV didn't say anything, he said he was told Zucc was going to be fine. WTF does getting bad info have to do with AV being trustworthy

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
I hope he is indeed OK. And I hope McD is taking this OK too, without lasting effects on him.

FOD

Jul 26, 2011
I hope he is indeed OK. And I hope McD is taking this OK too, without lasting effects on him.

I think McDonagh is fine. He was at the Yankee Met game on Saturday with Cam Talbot. So if zuccarello is on his "death bed" McDonagh got over it very quickly.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@rangersreport: Kevin Klein on the ice with teammates at optional practice. Don't see Zuccarello”

Pistachio

I love your mother
Sep 10, 2013
“@rangersreport: Kevin Klein on the ice with teammates at optional practice. Don't see Zuccarello”

To be fair, the optional skate hasn't started yet :P Starts in 5 minutes.

Besides, he skips optional skates all the time. Whether he's skating or not won't tell us anything.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
The fact that no one else has said anything aside from the barstool guy (who seems pretty aloof) leads me to believe that he's mostly like (60/40) getting punked. I think whatever source he has would have talked to other media too or instead

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@AGrossRecord: As expected, very well attended optional. But do not see Mats Zuccarello on the ice.”

FOD

Jul 26, 2011
Not sure where you got the "death bed" thing from my post, But I meant that I hope McD won't be tentative to fire away from the point.

Sorry, "death bed" wasn't meant for you. That referred to some other rumors and posts floating around.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@NYRangers: Mats Zuccarello, Marc Staal, Keith Yandle not skating today at #NYR optional practice”

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Best case scenario is that he's just resting. This is just an optional skate.

If he's not seen tomorrow however, then I'll get worried.

FOD

Jul 26, 2011
Surprised today is an optional after 2 days off

Just my opinion, but an optional skate today could imply series starts Thursday which would give them 2 full practice days. Doubt they would only have one full team practice befiore the series starts.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Best case scenario is that he's just resting. This is just an optional skate.

If he's not seen tomorrow however, then I'll get worried.

Zucc was battling some other kind of injury (probably lower body) and was skipping some practices anyway, but well see i guess.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Just my opinion, but an optional skate today could imply series starts Thursday which would give them 2 full practice days. Doubt they would only have one full team practice befiore the series starts.

I am guessing Thursday night Game 1, and Game 2, Sat night prime time...

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here

True, with the Clapton concerts at the Garden Friday and Sat its prob going to be Thurs, Sun, Tues, Thurs...

That schedule gives the Isles/Caps some added rest as well... a pretty good amount in fact compared to the series starting on Weds.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
True, with the Clapton concerts at the Garden Friday and Sat its prob going to be Thurs, Sun, Tues, Thurs...

That schedule gives the Isles/Caps some added rest as well...

Clapton concerts get bumped for the NY Rangers.

“@NYP_Brooksie: Clapton concert scheduled for MSG Saturday night will move if Rangers need date, as they likely will. Always the understanding.â€

FOD

Jul 26, 2011
“@NYRangers: Mats Zuccarello, Marc Staal, Keith Yandle not skating today at #NYR optional practiceâ€

Amazing how well Yandle and Staal played considering that they are obviously banged up. Considering how "injured" Malkin was in the series I don't think he missed a practice.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Clapton concerts get bumped for the NY Rangers.

“@NYP_Brooksie: Clapton concert scheduled for MSG Saturday night will move if Rangers need date, as they likely will. Always the understanding.”

Thats great then. Takes away 4 out of 5 days rest for the winner of Game 7 tonight

Thanks Nev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille