Mats Zuccarello pt. II - Thanks for signing a contract edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
If the injury is so obvious why are you complaining about them not disclosing anything about it? It's not obvious and why would the team want to tip their hand to let the opponent know when the player will be back, to what extent the injury will continue to hamper their play, and exactly where to target the player when he does return. I have absolutely no problem with things being kept a secret especially during the playoffs. I'll never understand why some fans think were entitled to this information, and at this point don't get why people think things will change and the team will start disclosing injury information. Every team does it and that won't change until theres some kind of rule put in place, which will never happen.

First of all, this is more than just a typical injury that sidelines a player for a while. This has the potential to be very serious, and in worst case scenario career ending. People are concerned, not that Zucc wont return to the series, but to know if Zucc will be ok.

Second, the opponents already know that this is a injury to the head. So what is there really more to hide? If the opponents really want to sink that low and go for cheapshots against Zucc´s head if he returns, that is just disgusting.
I just want to know that the kid is ok. As I said, right now I don´t give a **** about him returning to the playoffs, as long as he will be all right.
Hopefully we will know today.

Btw, they are for sure doing a good job keeping this a secret. Not a single word about this in norwegian media, and the articles about him gettin hit by the puck was without any drama, and the expect him to be back to 2nd round. Believe me, if there were news about his injury, especially bad ones, it would be the main headline in the papers here.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
First of all, this is more than just a typical injury that sidelines a player for a while. This has the potential to be very serious, and in worst case scenario career ending.

How could this be career-ending unless he is dead and they are not telling us?

Whitehawk1186

Mar 12, 2015
New Haven, CT
The paranoia on the internet is so ridiculous sometimes it makes me laugh out loud. AV says after the game that he heard Zuc was "all right", and people are jumping to the conclusion that is career may be over? It's one thing to be concerned that he miss some time, but to just jump to the conclusion that this injury is serious/life threatening with essentially nothing to go on seems a bit much. He never lost consciousness and skated on his own to the bench then to the locker room. It seems however he was sent to the hospital...GOOD. Unless MSG has an MRI machine (which I seriously doubt) then he had to go. Any time something like that happens you always have an MRI done just to be safe.

If he's hurt, I'm guessing it's a concussion, which would suck, but hopefully he won't miss much time. We should know in a few hours.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
anyone have a GIF of the puck hitting him in the face?
You can see a picture of it in this article. It doesn't show the exact hit, its immediately before or after. You can see a Pens defender hugging him from behind, and Fleury trying to engulf his head with his catching glove :laugh: (yes, i know he went for the puck, hehe).

There is a video of it here :

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
A source leaked some info to Barstool Sports this morning and it doesn't sound good at all. I won't post it here because it's not official.

If you search Zuccarello on twitter and read the guy from Barstool Sports, you can see for yourself.

However, when any official news does break on twitter, ill post it here immediately.

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
I'd be surprised if he's not concussed. That was a wicked shot to the head.

eKardz

Mar 22, 2009
Holtsville, NY
A source leaked some info to Barstool Sports this morning and it doesn't sound good at all. I won't post it here because it's not official.

If you search Zuccarello on twitter and read the guy from Barstool Sports, you can see for yourself.

However, when any official news does break on twitter, ill post it here immediately.

Wow, looked it up. That actually sounds really scary. Hope to god it's not true.

magnkarl

Jan 26, 2014
Pickled Herring etc.
Remember that Barstool sports also claimed that we definitely trade Zucc. I'd take anything anyone says with a fistfull of salt unless they are the new york rangers.

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC

What time was this tweet posted? I looked up the account on twitter but didn't see anything

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
610 is the Rangers guy for Barstool.

It's tought to say how much merit the rumor has, but it is unfortunately within the realm of possibility.

Let me put it this way, AV saying offhand "he's fine" to the media after the game is far less believable.

Smur

Apr 4, 2013
Ye i dont think AV would said "he`s fine" if he had a severe concussion/problems saying his own name

Whitehawk1186

Mar 12, 2015
New Haven, CT
If Zuc is severely hurt, then I will never trust anything AV says again. If he just said "I haven't heard anything; he's being evaluated and we will know more soon" it would be different, but to say that a player is "all right" only to potentially find out over 48 hours later that he isn't is a different matter entirely.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
If Zuc is severely hurt, then I will never trust anything AV says again. If he just said "I haven't heard anything; he's being evaluated and we will know more soon" it would be different, but to say that a player is "all right" only to potentially find out over 48 hours later that he isn't is a different matter entirely.

The original info was:

“@stevezipay: AV: Zuccarello being evaluated, believes he may be all rightâ€

That was in the 'fog of war' so to speak, in between the celebration and the preliminary word passed down.

Many things can change in the hours, and days after an incident like that. We will know more very soon.

Giglio NYR15

Section 417
Jun 1, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
idk how any of you can believe zucc is fine or okay. he took a shot to the side of the helmet near his temple, we all heard the sound of the puck hitting the helmet in msg. I even heard it on tv watching replay. He was very wobbly when he sat down on bench and going into locker room. 100% has to be concussed, jst a matter of severity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad