Mats Zuccarello pt. II - Thanks for signing a contract edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
If i recall, someone said that Hags mentioned that Zucc had gone to the hospital in his post game interview (i've not seen that interview myself).

This is what I had read:

Carl Hagelin told the Norwegian press last night that his game winning goal that put the Rangers in the second round was for Mats Zuccarello who was injured earlier in the game. (VG) (Nettavisen)

Hagelin said that he and Derick Brassard were talking about how they felt bad Zuccarello couldn’t be there at the end and that the game winning goal was for him. He said that he hopes to see Zuccarello in the next game. (VG) (Nettavisen)

The fact he said he couldn't be there at the end of the game is where I take it from.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
If i recall, someone said that Hags mentioned that Zucc had gone to the hospital in his post game interview (i've not seen that interview myself).

Going to the hospital should be mandatory after taking a puck to the head regardless so thats not really dramatic.

The only "upside" here is that Zucc didnt go dramaticly down once he was hit, which if he was hit directly in the facial area where there is no protection, he would have. People get hit in the foot and show more pain than Zucc did, so theres every reason to be optimistic until someone comes and says the season is over

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Going to the hospital should be mandatory after taking a puck to the head regardless so thats not really dramatic.

The only "upside" here is that Zucc didnt go dramaticly down once he was hit, which if he was hit directly in the facial area where there is no protection, he would have. People get hit in the foot and show more pain than Zucc did, so theres every reason to be optimistic until someone comes and says the season is over

But it's not mandatory. In fact, it doesn't really happen all too often at all.

And no doubt it hit him in the helmet as opposed to directly in the face. But that means only so much. He may not have gone down hard, but he was as dazed and rattled as you could be. You could see the fear, uncertainty and pain in his face. There was nothing about the way he looked that made me 'optimistic'. But thankfully we have a good break here, and hopefully that gives him the time he needs; and that at most he misses 1 or 2 games. But right now, yeah, it's definitely all up in the air till we hear otherwise. Here's to hoping it's nothing!

Wolfy*

Your head will normally be MR-scanned after something like that, those expensive machines are only located at hospitals and some other medical centers..

It will show any internal bleeding, swelling, pressure and fractures etc.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
If not much of anything is said tomorrow, Wednesday will be very telling at practice.

Really hoping he's okay--his chemistry and playmaking with Brassard is a real asset to the team.

If he's out, going to be a tough guy to replace.

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
Is anyone Else Tired of the Rangers CIA-like Secrecy Over Injuries?

I understand with day-to-day injuries that can realistically be hidden why you would want to hide them. But you have to believe within a few hours of Kevin Klein's arm being broken the Rangers knew the extent of the injury. So what good did it do to hide it? If Zuccarello has a broken bone, say so. If he doesn't, say so. If he has no broken bone do you think the rest of the league might figure out what it is? Do you think they won't try to hit him in the head anyway? Hiding non obvious injuries is one thing, but hiding obvious injuries that will come out anyway serves no purpose that I see.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
I understand with day-to-day injuries that can realistically be hidden why you would want to hide them. But you have to believe within a few hours of Kevin Klein's arm being broken the Rangers knew the extent of the injury. So what good did it do to hide it? If Zuccarello has a broken bone, say so. If he doesn't, say so. If he has no broken bone do you think the rest of the league might figure out what it is? Do you think they won't try to hit him in the head anyway? Hiding non obvious injuries is one thing, but hiding obvious injuries that will come out anyway serves no purpose that I see.

Could be a few reasons--don't tip your hand to other teams, whether the news is good or bad. Don't give them that bit of edge in strategizing. Generalize (i.e. upper body injury, overall soreness, lower body injury) to avoid specific targeting.

Hell, some clubs just may respect the privacy of the player. Some don't want to speak until they're totally sure, and that's not always possible in just a few hours in a busy NYC hospital. Wasn't it Stepan they diagnosed as having a sprain and he ended up having an ankle fracture?

Can't say I'm tired of it. It is what it is. They're not going to change just because a few people are disgruntled about it.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
If not much of anything is said tomorrow, Wednesday will be very telling at practice.

Really hoping he's okay--his chemistry and playmaking with Brassard is a real asset to the team.

If he's out, going to be a tough guy to replace.

I really doubt we'll know anything. He hadn't been practicing last week anyway so him not practicing tomorrow wouldn't be anything new. That being said it'll surely be taken poorly.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
The only reason nothing has been said is because they've had the past two days off. Tomorrow at practice we will have an update.

Last edited:

Wolfy*

And if you can't wait, some Norwegian Zucc fan can always call his mother...she knows :sarcasm:

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
I have no problem not disclosing what the injury is, but some kind of note on a timetable or severity would be fine. No reason to be left completley in the dark.

Also,

old_tom_morris_1.jpg

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach

If the injury is so obvious why are you complaining about them not disclosing anything about it? It's not obvious and why would the team want to tip their hand to let the opponent know when the player will be back, to what extent the injury will continue to hamper their play, and exactly where to target the player when he does return. I have absolutely no problem with things being kept a secret especially during the playoffs. I'll never understand why some fans think were entitled to this information, and at this point don't get why people think things will change and the team will start disclosing injury information. Every team does it and that won't change until theres some kind of rule put in place, which will never happen.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
If the injury is so obvious why are you complaining about them not disclosing anything about it? It's not obvious and why would the team want to tip their hand to let the opponent know when the player will be back, to what extent the injury will continue to hamper their play, and exactly where to target the player when he does return. I have absolutely no problem with things being kept a secret especially during the playoffs. I'll never understand why some fans think were entitled to this information, and at this point don't get why people think things will change and the team will start disclosing injury information. Every team does it and that won't change until theres some kind of rule put in place, which will never happen.

Yeah it protects the player, and does not allow the opponent to properly prepare. We'll know soon enough.

Wolfy*

Yeah it protects the player, and does not allow the opponent to properly prepare. We'll know soon enough.

I actually think that's more relevant if there is an injury in the middle of a series. We're not going to play for a few days, and we don't even have an opponent yet.

I believe people want some information about Zuccarello because this wasn't just an injury, it was a head injury with the potential of being serious.

Then you have talk on social media that he was rushed to hospital in an ambulance, has to spend the night there, and so on.

I'm pretty sure the Rangers will issue some kind of update tomorrow. Zucc is a fan favorite, and people are simply worried about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad