OT: Massive Snowstorm Starting on Tuesday

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Where are all the kids/boys walking around with snow shovels looking to make cold hard cash?

They're not in school today and there is serious pocket $ to be made out there for a young teen.

Just wondering.

This is how I bought my first guitar, shoveling for local old people and churches, the cheapest of the cheap. #povertylinechildhood

The concept of responsibility for oneself has been chased out of media and schools, don't blame the kids for conforming to their environment. They are what they see.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Hmm, how so? I dont get that at all.

Actually, nevermind, it'll turn all political no doubt.

Trying to play favorites with debate participants and speaking out on Venezuela (one way or the other, doesn't matter), not their place. You should get your dues back.

It was also 95% a joke, I wish you nothing but safety on your mail route and won't be icing my steps or anything like that :)

Reactions: JJ68

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
The concept of responsibility for oneself has been chased out of media and schools, don't blame the kids for conforming to their environment. They are what they see.

It's funny cause this kind of thing is what boomers complain about when talking about millennials but they fail to understand that it's because they failed to raise their kids the same way their parents did. Boomers are the ones without personal responsibility.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Meh it wasn't that bad...I think we only got like 100-150 mm.

Weather called for far worse so I decided to work from home yesterday and today...I'll take this one as a win.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
10 cm? What the hell, there was 10 cm at 11PM yesterday. Probably more than that. ... Wait, you'Re in TO or in Orléans?

Reactions: dinodebino

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I just finished shoveling my backyard where the cars are parked (3 hours to clean). There was a whole lot of snow here.

Thing is, our backyard is enclosed so whatever snow the wind blows in doesn't get blown back out. It settles .

On top of that, I got out to shovel last night and remove the snow off my car so I have less to remove todah. It's a good thing I did that because it looked like it made no difference.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
The city seems to have responded well. Streets and highways look good. Let’s see how long it takes to clear the sides now.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Meh it wasn't that bad...I think we only got like 100-150 mm.

Weather called for far worse so I decided to work from home yesterday and today...I'll take this one as a win.
Where are you? Here in Gatineau, different reality. Wish I could post a photo.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Dreading having to go out there and shovel. Luckily its a really small driveway just need to clean small 2 foot area behind my car and I can slip right out.

Still hate it and wonder why I pay for snow removal service. At least come and clean the back of my car area/lip of the driveway if you can't clean the entire driveway cuz my car is there.

Reactions: ottawa

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Dreading having to go out there and shovel. Luckily its a really small driveway just need to clean small 2 foot area behind my car and I can slip right out.

Still hate it and wonder why I pay for snow removal service. At least come and clean the back of my car area/lip of the driveway if you can't clean the entire driveway cuz my car is there.

.. and that's why I won't ever pay for that.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
BCrXXUACMAApuyk.jpg

Seriously wish there was though :sarcasm:

Reactions: TRG and OldCraig71

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
This is how I bought my first guitar, shoveling for local old people and churches, the cheapest of the cheap. #povertylinechildhood

I used to have a paper route. Delivered the Montreal Gazette.

I remember some mornings would be -40... it was freaking cold. One time there was so much snow I just dragged the paper bag beside me. I eventually saved up enough money to buy a Colecovision (with Adam) :laugh: That's how old I am.

Also, I used to walk to and from school. Uphill both ways.

Reactions: FrankMTL

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
The city of Montreal did a great job of clearing the main roads during the storm. Props to them

Sure thing. But it's gonna take forever to remove the snowbanks from the streets. Expecting it to take more than one week for my street (small, residential, one way). If there's a fire or an emergency, forget it. No ambulance or fire truck can get there.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Sure thing. But it's gonna take forever to remove the snowbanks from the streets. Expecting it to take more than one week for my street (small, residential, one way). If there's a fire or an emergency, forget it. No ambulance or fire truck can get there.

buy a used ambulance and a used fire truck..problem solved..;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad