OT: Massive Snowstorm Starting on Tuesday

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Yesterday I had to drive from Montreal to Trois-Rivières, aller-retour, in the morning/midi.

It was bad, but not too bad, the Aut 40 was full of snow, only one lane was partially cleaned, visibility was not that bad except when morons passed other cars on the lane full of snow and submerged everyone.Big trucks did that too.They should have put the police right there on the highway and force circulation to slow down.Yesterday the speed limit of 100 km/h was actually on point, for once.

The roads were deteriorating the closer to Trois-Rivières I was.

Overall in Montreal the storm wasn't even newsworthy.30 cm, OK, who cares? Happens every year. The streets were functional very quickly.It's outside MTL that it might have been more brutal.

I woke up at 5 AM yesterday and my car was buried under snow.This happens every winter.Took me 10 minutes and I was done.

Last edited:

BeastMode420

Jan 30, 2018
Yesterday I had to drive from Montreal to Trois-Rivières, aller-retour, in the morning/midi.

It was bad, but not too bad, the Aut 40 was full of snow, only one lane was partially cleaned, visibility was not that bad except when morons passed other cars on the lane full of snow and submerged everyone.Big trucks did that too.They should have put the police right there on the highway and force circulation to slow down.Yesterday the speed limit of 100 km/h was actually on point, for once.

Overall in Montreal the storm wasn't even newsworthy.30 cm, OK, who cares? Happens every year. The streets were functional very quickly.It's outside MTL that it might have been more brutal.

I woke up at 5 AM yesterday and my car was buried under snow.This happens every winter.Took me 10 minutes and I was done.

Lmao

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

Congrats. Some of us had to spend 4 hours shoveling and snow-blowing because we have backyards and driveways. I’d say it’s newsworthy to get a foot of snow in one night.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL

Montreal was functional because they were warned well before the start of the storm, and it mostly fell during the night. Cities were prepared for it and it makes a big difference. Schools being closed and people staying home also helped a lot. That's what made the storm less newsworthy but it doesn't remove the fact that it was a big ass storm.

EDIT: However, I shouldn't say it wasn't newsworthy... It was everywhere in the news yesterday!

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
So it wasn't Snowmageddon? The news did their thing and got everyone all worked up? That's nice.

Reactions: overlords

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I don't get what some of you we're expecting. Montreal got almost 40cm of snow (some are reporting, 39cm and some are reporting 40cm). No, it wasn't the storm of the century, but it was a pretty damn big storm and probably the biggest of the year. Because the city was well prepared, and because it took place during the night (and not during the day at rush hour), it seems less important. Had it been during the day, it could have been just as bad as March 2017 or even December 2012. Everybody woke up and it was almost done and the streets and sidewalks were pretty clean. I say good job City of Montreal. It will take them 8 days to clean up the city.

Last edited:
Reactions: le_sean

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I don't get what some of you we're expecting. Montreal got almost 40cm of snow (soem are reporting, 39cm and some are reporting 40cm). No, it wasn't the storm of the century, but it was a pretty damn big storm and probably the biggest of the year. Because the city was well prepared, and because it took place during the night (and not during the day at rush hour), it seems less important. Had it been during the day, it could have been just as bad as March 2017 or even December 2012. Everybody woke up and it was almost done and the streets and sidewalks were pretty clean. I say go job City of Montreal. It will take them 8 days to clean up the city.

Last night as I was clearing snow from my place, I could already hear the plow alarms as they are putting up signs for snow removal. They are quick and on point. Sidewalks cleared a couple of times yesterday too. Kudos to the city.

Reactions: FrankMTL

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
You can't downplay the storm we got. Mother nature just took a dump on us. And yes the main streets are clear, but if a bus doesn't run on your street forget it. There are mountains of snow on my street and cars were buried up to close to their windows.

and my street is still dealing with 3 inch thick ice that make the roads uneven and half the road is higher than the other.

Sure if you didn't have to go anywhere who cares. But I got stuck just driving up my street and stayed off any small streets after that.

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
Ok I have to say I was disappointed, I was expecting a major snowstorm to find just a minor snowstorm. It really wasn’t that bad here in Kanata. Still perturbed by the people who think it’s ok to drive so close to the car in front in bad weather

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013

Yeah I do that.

But why dont you buy an SUV or TRUCK.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Thank god for xDrive. I was following a Smart earlier... poor dude. Should've stayed home.

Sarry brah but for winter there's nothing better than a ford suv or truck.

You feel nothing. It's almost like driving a buggati on the autoban highway

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Sarry brah but for winter there's nothing better than a ford suv or truck.

You feel nothing. It's almost like driving a buggati on the autoban highway
Until the transmission gives up. :sarcasm:

Nah, you are probably right, but my xDrive never let me down yet. I'm quite surprised actually.

Pulled a Edge out of a snow bank yesterday. No idea if it was AWD tho. Probably not. Having good snow tires is a must, too.

For the Bugatti on the autobahn part Well lets say I cant give my opinion on that :laugh: I'd be talking out of my ass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad