OT: Massive Snowstorm Starting on Tuesday

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Until the transmission gives up. :sarcasm:

Nah, you are probably right, but my xDrive never let me down yet. I'm quite surprised actually.

Pulled a Edge out of a snow bank yesterday. No idea if it was AWD tho. Probably not. Having good snow tires is a must, too.

For the Bugatti on the autobahn part Well lets say I cant give my opinion on that :laugh: I'd be talking out of my ass.

Lol yeah just kidding

Im actually surprised your xdrive performs so well. is it an suv or sedan?

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
Small SUV. Really surprised myself. The blizzak ws80 probably play a big role.
Good tires are sooooooo important. I just got a brand new SUV and tried new tires this winter and they are terrible. I know my SUV is great in snow but I hate it with these new tires.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Best winter ride was my ex's Acura. Just a front driver but with 4 studded tires. Drove on 132 from St-François-du-Lac to Nicolet in a snowstorm, never batted an eye and the road wasn't ploughed. Just bit in and held. But PITA on dry pavement. :laugh:

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Best winter ride was my ex's Acura. Just a front driver but with 4 studded tires. Drove on 132 from St-François-du-Lac to Nicolet in a snowstorm, never batted an eye and the road wasn't ploughed. Just bit in and held. But PITA on dry pavement. :laugh:

Where I live today you have to be careful because people don't know how to drive in Snow in Portland. In Sweden we have 2 sets of tires in Portland not so much. See example in the video from Portland.

:)

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Good tires are sooooooo important. I just got a brand new SUV and tried new tires this winter and they are terrible. I know my SUV is great in snow but I hate it with these new tires.

Go for Nokian..thank me later..we run them on our vehicles...
Yup they cost more.. but excellent tire....Nokian (Finland)

Nokian Hakkapeliitta SUV(studded)

Fastest on ice 335,713 km/h!

The new world record for fastest car on ice was achieved by Nokian Tyres, inventor of the winter tyre, when test driver Janne Laitinen drove at a speed of 335.713 kilometres per hour (208.602 mph) on the ice of the Gulf of Bothnia in freezing winter weather. Grip and speed like never before were ensured by the new spearhead product for the world’s leading manufacturer of winter tyres – the Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8 studded tyre (255/35R20 97 T XL).

Last edited:

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
I have Hakkapeliita’s on my truck and wouldn't trade them for anything. Easily the best winter tire I have owned.

Last edited:

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
The Nokian's hakkathing and the Blizzak are always in top-5 winter tires. My father worked for Bridgestone so we had discounts on the Blizzaks. I always drove with those a few years ago but they stopped giving those discounts. They were really great tires! Now I drive something that feels average.

A few years ago I drove an RX-8 with 225/45/18 snow tires. It was insanely tail happy and unpredictable. I loved it

My FR-S had some 215/something/17. I also loved it when there were only a few cars on the road and when I had short distances to drive.. until I hit a snowstorm on the A40. I almost lost control, I then drove 40km/h or less for the next 40km haha. Now it's still sitting in my garage for the winter and I feel sad.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Thank god for your AWD Beemer? Why mention xDrive specifically, rather than just say AWD? :laugh:

Thank god for ATTESA E-TS, I suppose.
I suppose.

I had other AWD cars in the past and they didn't perform as Well as the xDrive system. Hence why I called it by that name.

Couldnt care less about the badge in front.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
I suppose.

I had other AWD cars in the past and they didn't perform as Well as the xDrive system. Hence why I called it by that name.

Couldnt care less about the badge in front.

It's nice to know you're not a chest-thumping Beemer owner, noting that it did come across as a subtle "I MADE IT" post at first.

xDrive is nice but I certainly woudn't quote it by name. Quattro, SH-AWD, Symm. AWD vehicles along with my G37xS have no issue doing the exact same maneuvers as you in your X1 or X3.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
It's nice to know you're not a chest-thumping Beemer owner, noting that it did come across as a subtle "I MADE IT" post at first.

xDrive is nice but I certainly woudn't quote it by name. Quattro, SH-AWD, Symm. AWD vehicles along with my G37xS have no issue doing the exact same maneuvers as you in your X1 or X3.
My bad.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Wasnt the worst storm ive ever seen for sure but man, i havent seen snow banks this high in a loooong time lol, driving on the highway you cant even believe how high the banks are lmao

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->