OT: Massive Snowstorm Starting on Tuesday

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
It's been a while since we've had a thread about a good old fashioned snow storm.

Starting on Tuesday afternoon, Montreal will get walloped with 35-40 cm of snow. Some websites are even predicting 40+. We haven't gotten one that big in a little while. I think the last huge one we got that was 40+ cm was in December 2012.

For those that need to drive, please be careful and try to leave early on Tuesday. Stay home on Wednesday if possible. We don't want to have the same disaster as in 2017 when 300 cars were stuck on highway 13.

giphy.gif

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
It's been a while since we've had a thread about a good old fashioned snow storm.

Starting on Tuesday afternoon, Montreal will get walloped with 35-40 cm of snow. Some websites are even predicting 40+. We haven't gotten one that big in a little while. I think the last huge one we got that was 40+ cm was in December 2012.

For those that need to drive, please be careful and try to leave early on Tuesday. Stay home on Wednesday if possible. We don't want to have the same disaster as in 2017 when 300 cars were stuck on highway 13.

March 2017 had as much snow as December 2012. Right now some are saying 25-30, some are saying more. Also temperatures are getting higher by the days so we might get a mix of rain so lower the amounts of snow. We will see.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
March 2017 had as much snow as December 2012. Right now some are saying 25-30, some are saying more. Also temperatures are getting higher by the days so we might get a mix of rain so lower the amounts of snow. We will see.

I doubt it'll be rain. I haven't see any weather forecast predicting anything close to rain, but it isn't an exact science, so who know.

Anyways, regardless, it'll be a big one and people should be on alert.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I'm supposed to be flying out of Montreal early Wednesday. Hopefully it's settled down by then...

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
We had a pretty bad one in NB a few weeks ago, more than 40cm I'd say. As for now, we're supposed to get 20cm on wednesday. Knock on wood it doesn't get worst. At the same time I could really use a break from work.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Guess what? It's winter in Quebec, sometimes it snows. :laugh:

Sure, and we're able to deal with it when it does. When you start gettting close to 40 cm though, it can cause some major issues. Better to be safe than sorry.

Reactions: le_sean

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Sure, and we're able to deal with it when it does. When you start gettting close to 40 cm though, it can cause some major issues. Better to be safe than sorry.
I know, I'm just being a smartass. I can see storms approaching real well from where I live near Lac St-Francois. It looks menacing on the map too. Oh well, I'm not going anywhere soon, as long as the mailman delivers, I'm cool.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Yeah ok, we might get 40 cm total. Possibly around 30 cm from tuesday evening to wednesday morning. I hope you guys like shoveling...

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
It seems like winters have been getting worse every year since I left 3 years ago.
I feel for you guys, must be so depressing.

Over here..I had to wear a windbreaker twice so far, coldest its been is maybe 10 degrees..its been a real easy one. Definitely do not miss Mtl winters.

Another thing that seems to have worsened, potholes and construction, never thought that could happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad