OT: Massive Snowstorm Starting on Tuesday

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
It has been freezing rain here for hours. I keep waiting for it to stop, so I can go out and shovel, as the plow came by and dumped a load at the end of my driveway. Roads are skating rinks.They're gleaming in the moonlight. The trees covered in ice; hopefully this doesn't turn into the ice storm of about 5 years ago. Power has flickered a couple of times already. I found flashlights and candles in case it goes off for longer. The rain was supposed to turn into snow in the evening, but it's just continued to rain. I hate freezing rain. I so much prefer snow.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Teleworking tomorrow. Will have the snowblower out at least two times before tomorrow morning. Fun times. Stupid Jacques Cartier.

DubDub

Jul 11, 2017
It has been freezing rain here for hours. I keep waiting for it to stop, so I can go out and shovel, as the plow came by and dumped a load at the end of my driveway. Roads are skating rinks.They're gleaming in the moonlight. The trees covered in ice; hopefully this doesn't turn into the ice storm of about 5 years ago. Power has flickered a couple of times already. I found flashlights and candles in case it goes off for longer. The rain was supposed to turn into snow in the evening, but it's just continued to rain. I hate freezing rain. I so much prefer snow.
Where is this you speak of?

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Here in Laval (don't judge) its coming down pretty hard. Worst of it is supposed to fall between 10pm and 3am.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
it was snowing and now seems to have stopped in Montreal. storm has passed!

Nope ..forecasted a break for a few hours..7-8 cm tonight..
by tomorrow at noon goona be over 30+cm on the ground

keep that shovel handy..lol

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2009
éal
Watching the Sens get beat down 3-1 by the Hurricanes right now... and feeling hard for all those fans that will have to do the long drive back after this loss, in the snowstorm.

Reactions: DavePeak

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
It calmed down here in Montreal. I was expecting it to be much worst, I guess the worst is yet to come.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad