OT: Massive Snowstorm Starting on Tuesday

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
It calmed down here in Montreal. I was expecting it to be much worst, I guess the worst is yet to come.

We’ll see it seems the worst is happening in the Ottawa valley and north on Montreal. Maybe the meteorologist at accuweather saying 20-25cm total might not be wrong. We shall see.

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
Almost 2 am and it's coming down pretty heavy here on the south shore of Montréal. More or less 15cm on the ground as of now. The snowplows have already gifted me with a snowbank about 2½ feet high. Thankfully I love this type of weather and I'll be skiing the next few days.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Woah, just went outside to shovel snow in order to let my my wife out the driveway for an emergency work call. It is a sight to see. Still falling a ton AND strong winds. The neighbourhood is one flat piece of snow.

My husky is wondering what the hell we are doing up at this time.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
My 1 year old woke up so I took a quick peek outside and Laval got a lot of snow snow far. I don’t want to guess how much until I get out there, but because of the wind it’s hard to judge. Some places have a ton and others less

It’s crazy how localized it is as apparently Montreal is no too bad so far

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Holy cow - my flight's on time! I'm sitting in the airport at the gate, exhausted but relieved. Only catch was the taxi couldn't make it to the front of my house. I had to walk to the corner of my block with my bags, through the snow.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Holy cow - my flight's on time! I'm sitting in the airport at the gate, exhausted but relieved. Only catch was the taxi couldn't make it to the front of my house. I had to walk to the corner of my block with my bags, through the snow.

Yeah, the worst is behind us now.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I measured over 40 cm outside my door this morning. According to numerous twitter sources, Montreal has received between 30-40 cm as well. Possibility of another 5cm-10cm as well.

Reactions: BeastMode420

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I'm still wondering if I should call off or not. Normally, I have a 40min drive to work. This morning? I don't want to guess how long it will be.
Worse? I could get to work and the bosses will tell us to go back home.
Even worse? They will tell us to try and deliver the little stuff we have when most people are still shut indoors.

ugh.

Reactions: BeastMode420

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
We're not alone, check out the Island.

51651940_10161445659080367_614658705375363072_n.jpg

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
36cm is a lot but I expected worse to be honest. Tempête du siècle talk were way premature. We have at least one snowfall a year of more than 30cm. This isn’t surprising.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
It's not that bad honestly, the majority of the roads are clean even the small streets have already been cleaned...

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
36cm is a lot but I expected worse to be honest. Tempête du siècle talk were way premature. We have at least one snowfall a year of more than 30cm. This isn’t surprising.

Did a lot of people refer to this storm as "Tempete du Siecle"? I didn't hear that, but obviously a lot of people we're talking that it would be a massive snow storm, and it was a pretty damn big storm. Anytime a storm approaches or passes the 40cm (which this one still might) it's a pretty big storm. Also, i'm sure there are places just outside Montreal that got more. As mentioned, I wouldn't be surprised if in Laval we're already above 40 cm.

I think that people we're talking about it so much and the city was so prepared that they had a lot of people on the roads to clean it during the night. Also, with all the schools/daycares that are closed, and the fact that their parents had to stay home, probably kept a lot of people off the roads.

It also ended up being exactly what was predicted by the weather network (in my first post)

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
I'm still wondering if I should call off or not. Normally, I have a 40min drive to work. This morning? I don't want to guess how long it will be.
Worse? I could get to work and the bosses will tell us to go back home.
Even worse? They will tell us to try and deliver the little stuff we have when most people are still shut indoors.

ugh.
You'd be surprised. Schools are closed, less people on the roads, should mean less traffic.

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
Where are all the kids/boys walking around with snow shovels looking to make cold hard cash?

They're not in school today and there is serious pocket $ to be made out there for a young teen.

Just wondering.

Reactions: Lshap and Fazkovsky

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Shouldn't have to call off work, it should be automatic. It's ridiculous that in 2019, where it is incredibly easy to work from home for most jobs, that your employer asks you to come in dangerous conditions.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Where are all the kids/boys walking around with snow shovels looking to make cold hard cash?

They're not in school today and there is serious pocket $ to be made out there for a young teen.

Just wondering.

They're all on their IPAD's.....Lazy asses

At their ages, I would have already made $20, and I would have been in the process of shoveling the outdoor rink so that we could start a pick up game with he other kids.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

Just wondering.

LOL. You think kids of today would actually get on their winter clothes, put a shovel over their shoulder and walk around in the cold, with snow stinging their faces, trying to get hard manual labour work that might score them $10-$20 an hour ? Whereas they could be on the couch all day playing Fortnite ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad