Movies: Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion - Part 4

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Read this article about Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Feige having discussed in passing a role for Johnson in the MCU. The Rock and Kevin Feige Spoke About the MCU This One Time...

Got me thinking, who do you see Johnson playing if he ever did come over? These days he is committed to being Black Adams in the DCEU but maybe down the road.

Ares?
Hercules? He already played a different version of him of course in a stand alone flick
The Thing with CGI and all that?
Luke Cage if the MCU reboots and reuses the character down the line as expected?

Physically, he'd make a great Gladiator, but Kallark isn't exactly known for his sense of humour and outgoing personality... which is what you'd be looking for in a character played by Johnson

88e47c0d8735b1f3febb8517815517ef.jpg

I'd like to see Johnson in a Deadpool film, so maybe he could play Bishop?

Bishop-Marvel-Comics-X-Men-Lucas-a.jpg

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Letitia Wright Reportedly Continues Anti-Vaccine Stance on Black Panther Set

Time to recast?

Wright came under fire in December last year for a tweet in which she shared a video from the self-proclaimed prophet and Christian media producer Tomi Arayomi. Among several other assertions in the video, the man claimed that vaccines produced by China against covid-19 shouldn’t be trusted, cast doubt on human impact on climate change, and said transgender people were “something [he] just technically, biologically [doesn’t] believe in.” Wright initially tweeted the nearly 70-minute video (removed from YouTube for its anti-vaccination misinformation) with a prayer hands emoji, but after facing backlash, tweeted an also-since-deleted defense for doing so. “My intention was not to hurt anyone,” Wright tweeted. “My ONLY intention of posting the video was it raised my concerns with what the vaccine contains and what we are putting in our bodies.” THR notes that, shortly after the backlash, Wright “parted ways” with her American PR team.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
And I'd think work places rules and restrictions are the bigger thing. A film set isn't going to be much different than a pro sports team in this regard.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Physically, he'd make a great Gladiator, but Kallark isn't exactly known for his sense of humour and outgoing personality... which is what you'd be looking for in a character played by Johnson

88e47c0d8735b1f3febb8517815517ef.jpg

I'd like to see Johnson in a Deadpool film, so maybe he could play Bishop?

Bishop-Marvel-Comics-X-Men-Lucas-a.jpg
The chances of MCU casting one of the few Black characters with a non-African American is about zero point zero zero percent.

Why not Beta Ray Bill?

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
The chances of MCU casting one of the few Black characters with a non-African American is about zero point zero zero percent.

Why not Beta Ray Bill?
So Dwayne Johnson is not black? Born in California though spent time in New Zealand growing up. His mother is Samoan but his dad is of Irish and Black Nova Scotian ancestry.

Reactions: Voight

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020

And in other entertainment news, rapper Dead Mike has been cast to play Bishop, one of the few black characters in the MCU...

What were the chances they'd cast one of their few male Asian characters with Tilda Swinton?

Last edited:
Reactions: beowulf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad