Movies: Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion - Part 4

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
lol someone leaked the Spiderman trailer on Tiktok

This is when it kinda sucks that the concept of the movie has been known for over a year....the trailer wouldve been way more exciting if we all had no idea.

Still cant wait for the finished version to drop tho!

Reactions: Power Man

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
1. I'd wait for the HD trailer it'll probably come out this week if not by Tuesday.

2. I don't think I'll watch more than the first minute of the trailer, feels like it would have too much Spoiler potential unlike a trailer for a completely new movie like Eternals/Shang-Chi. Actually even with those two, I just watched the first trailer and not the 2nd.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
1. I'd wait for the HD trailer it'll probably come out this week if not by Tuesday.

2. I don't think I'll watch more than the first minute of the trailer, feels like it would have too much Spoiler potential unlike a trailer for a completely new movie like Eternals/Shang-Chi. Actually even with those two, I just watched the first trailer and not the 2nd.

It's likely tomorrow because Sony's Cinemacon presentation is on Monday:

2021 Schedule of Events | CinemaCon

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Nathan Fillion wants to play Sasquatch / Walter Lankowski in Alpha Flight for the MCU.

The Suicide Squad's Nathan Fillion Wants to Join Marvel's Alpha Flight

Sasquatch-Marvel-Comics-Langkowski-Alpha-Flight.jpg

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
I've always wanted an Alpha Flight movie

I loved John Byrne's art

I was sad when another artist took over, IRRC it happened when Langowski accidentally brought the Hulk through a portal

I agree.

Alpha Flight went downhill after that.

It's sad that after 130 issues we only saw the original team fight together a handful of times.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
So the black widow lawsuit might cause the Russo brothers from returning to direct in the MCU. They are close to Scarlett and many of the other actors and agree with her lawsuit so if she loses they might not come back.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Marvel has announced more movie dates in 2024. These include newly announced films scheduled for February 16th, May 3rd, July 26th, and November 8th. No word on which films yet.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Marvel has announced more movie dates in 2024. These include newly announced films scheduled for February 16th, May 3rd, July 26th, and November 8th. No word on which films yet.

Guessing 3 of them will be Blade, Deaspool 3, and an X-Men movie.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Guessing 3 of them will be Blade, Deaspool 3, and an X-Men movie.

By 2024, they may be cycling in sequels to some of these 2021 films. I expect a Shang Chi sequel is already being negotiated after its success so far during a pandemic. If Eternals connects, they may be looking to fast track something there.

This is what's so funny about the MCU. Four films a year plus numerous high dollar D+ shows seems like a lot, yet, still simultaneously feels insufficient for the amount they've got going on.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Rewatched Infinity War for the first time in years. Still very good. Peter Quill really screwed the pooch on Titan. They had the gauntlet!

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Rewatched Infinity War for the first time in years. Still very good. Peter Quill really screwed the pooch on Titan. They had the gauntlet!

I would imagine one of the futures Dr. Strange saw involved restraining Quill and allowing Iron Man and Spider Man to get the gauntlet off Thanos, and somehow still losing.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
I would imagine one of the futures Dr. Strange saw involved restraining Quill and allowing Iron Man and Spider Man to get the gauntlet off Thanos, and somehow still losing.

Dr. Strange saw a lot of possible futures, but still only a finite number, there are infinite possibilities. I think once Strange saw what Quill did, that's when he knew one of the futures he saw is the one that could come to fruition. Quill still screwed the pooch.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Marvel Sues Comic Creators’ Heirs to Keep Major Character Rights

Not the first time this happens, of course the DCs and Marvels of this world want to keep complete control.

The families of iconic Marvel comic book writers and artists Stan Lee, Steve Ditko, Don Heck, Gene Colan, and Don Rico have filed termination of copyright notices on the superheroes they helped create. Marvel—which Disney has owned since 2009—unsurprisingly, disagrees and has filed lawsuits against all five to keep the characters in the Marvel stable and making the company billions.
The Hollywood Reporter broke the news. Without trying to get into too much legalese, creators can file termination of copyright notices to reclaim rights to their work after a set amount of time, with a minimum of 35 years. Marvel’s suits argue that the characters are ineligible for copyright termination because they were made as “work-for-hire”—as in Marvel paid people to create characters for the company, meaning the company owns them outright. According to the report, if the creators’ heirs notices were accepted, Marvel would lose rights to characters including Iron Man, Spider-Man, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Doctor Strange, Falcon, Ant-Man, and more. One caveat is this only matters in the United States. According to THR, even if Marvel loses, Disney can continue making money off the characters everywhere else. If the heirs win, Disney would still share ownership.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad