Movies: Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion - Part 4

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
If she is the best actress for the job, I honestly don’t give a fraction of a damn about her stance on vaccines.

she did very well in the first movie and I’d like to see her continue her role. She doesn’t represent my beliefs or endanger my philosophies in any way, she’s merely there for entertainment
There is no such thing as best actress for the job, only different visions.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
According to Samuel L Motherf***ing Jackson, Secret Invasion has started filming.
I am wondering how different this will be from the original 8 comic limited series. A number of the people/groups that were part of the comic series have never been introduced in the MCU so I would have to guess most won't show up on the D+ limited series.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
It's been a week and not a single like for the Dead Mike video I posted!?!?!?

That was comedy gold! Ya'll are dead to me...

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
I know it's not part of the MCU, but I've (re)watched both Punisher seasons from Netflix - still pretty good stuff IMO, the first season is on par with their better series (DD and JJ's first seasons), the second one is a little clumsy (the dreams and flashbacks are pretty bad), the characters aren't as well-written and sometimes feel off (including Castle) and his missing the nice relation the first season had between the Punisher and Micro (that "young girl" in S2 is often unbearable) - but still a fun rewatch too.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I know it's not part of the MCU, but I've (re)watched both Punisher seasons from Netflix - still pretty good stuff IMO, the first season is on par with their better series (DD and JJ's first seasons), the second one is a little clumsy (the dreams and flashbacks are pretty bad), the characters aren't as well-written and sometimes feel off (including Castle) and his missing the nice relation the first season had between the Punisher and Micro (that "young girl" in S2 is often unbearable) - but still a fun rewatch too.

Iron Fist was an abomination.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
MCU with Sony I guess....Sony has announced 2 dates in 2023 for Marvel movies June 23, 2023 and October 6, 2023. No word one titles yet.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Iron Fist was an abomination.
I honestly didn't watch any of the Netflix Marvel stuff beyond Daredevil S1 and Jessica Jones. But then for some reason my SO wanted to watch Iron Fist. It started off okay but the longer it went on, the more I hated it.

Last edited:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I honestly didn't watch any of the Marvel stuff beyond Daredevil S1 and Jessica Jones. But then for some reason my SO wanted to watch Iron Fist. It started off okay but the longer it went on, the more I hated it.

I couldn’t get past the fact that he spends half the season trying to convince childhood friends of his identity.

Wouldn’t he have a comprehensive and massive source of common memories in excruciating detail as proof?

Last edited:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I couldn’t get past the fact that he spends half the season trying to convince childhood friends of his identity.

Wouldn’t be have a comprehensive and massive source of common memories in excruciating detail as proof?
Yeah that was incredibly irritating.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Idk why. I edited my post with a full write up on Falcon and Loki but it didn't save.

Oh well.

Loki-Cast is terrific and it was fun. Still feel like the multiverse/multiple timelines aspect destroys any future dramatic stakes of the MCU but looks like they're committed to it. 7.5/10

Falcon-the more grounded tone and atmosphere used in Cap. America Winter Soldier doesn't really work here. Show was fine but ultimately forgettable. 6/10

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

Wouldn’t he have a comprehensive and massive source of common memories in excruciating detail as proof?
It was an odd decision to make it take that long but I guess in a way it could make sense since he was so young and they were so sure he was dead. In the end for Iron Fist the second season was indeed a LOT better than the first. At the end of the first season I was kind of bleh and found the made Dany to whiney. By the end of the second season I actually was up for a third to see where he would take his powers given that we didn't really see how powerful he could be in the first two seasons.

Reactions: Jussi

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
New Ant-Man & The Wasp 3 logo

ant-man-and-the-what-1635177270.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad