Movies: Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion - Part 4

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
My biggest concern with Kang as a villain, and it is literally superficial, is that his costume/character design sucks in the comics. It's why I never cared about him as a villain when I was a kid. Galactus has a pretty bad character design too but he at least actually looks like a devourer of worlds, and Dr. Doom's aesthetic is campy but menacing nonetheless. Kang the Conqueror just looks like one of those dopey throwaway He-Man villains from before my time.

Since this is Marvel/Disney though, I fully expect them to blow me away with some badass costume design for Kang and for him to live up to his potential as a marauder from the 40th century.
Would not be surprised if they tweaked it like they have others, heroes and villains, in various movies and shows.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
I love how Daredevil got routinely snubbed by the Emmys, but these Disney Plus shows get tons of noms.

Don Cheadle even got nominated. He was in Falcon Winter Soldier for like 2 minutes!

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Even Cheadle was mystified by his nomination.

Carl Lumbly (Isaiah Bradley) would have been a far better choice.

He doesn't quite qualify for "Guest appearance" since he appeared in 3 of the 6 episodes, meaning half. That makes him a supporting actor. Not sure why he wasn't nominated in that category. Though John Campea read through the Emmy rules and said they're a bit loose.

Reactions: mattihp

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Read this article about Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Feige having discussed in passing a role for Johnson in the MCU. The Rock and Kevin Feige Spoke About the MCU This One Time...

Got me thinking, who do you see Johnson playing if he ever did come over? These days he is committed to being Black Adams in the DCEU but maybe down the road.

Ares?
Hercules? He already played a different version of him of course in a stand alone flick
The Thing with CGI and all that?
Luke Cage if the MCU reboots and reuses the character down the line as expected?

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Read this article about Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Feige having discussed in passing a role for Johnson in the MCU. The Rock and Kevin Feige Spoke About the MCU This One Time...

Got me thinking, who do you see Johnson playing if he ever did come over? These days he is committed to being Black Adams in the DCEU but maybe down the road.

Ares?
Hercules? He already played a different version of him of course in a stand alone flick
Luke Cage if the MCU reboots and reuses the character down the line as expected?

I have no idea, but I don't think he'd be well received as Luke Cage. I wish he'd played Lobo in DC as I have no idea who Black Adams is and he feels kind of boring.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Ares?

I think he'd be perfect as Ben Grimm/Thing. It's mostly a motion cap and voice over role anyway.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I have no idea, but I don't think he'd be well received as Luke Cage. I wish he'd played Lobo in DC as I have no idea who Black Adams is and he feels kind of boring.
Black Adam is pretty good, but it feels like they're going to go more anti-hero than villain with him.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
It will never happen but... The Rock as Absorbing Man in an 'Immortal Hulk' movie.

You can bring Jameela Jamil over from the She-Hulik series, cast his 'lil buddy Kevin Hart as Puck, I don't know, Joel McHale as Sasquatch. Boom there's your Gamma Flight.

Who says no? Other than Disney, Universal, The Rock, and everyone else I mentioned.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
It will never happen but... The Rock as Absorbing Man in an 'Immortal Hulk' movie.

You can bring Jameela Jamil over from the She-Hulik series, cast his 'lil buddy Kevin Hart as Puck, I don't know, Joel McHale as Sasquatch. Boom there's your Gamma Flight.

Who says no? Other than Disney, Universal, The Rock, and everyone else I mentioned.

Could be interesting he was another character I was thinking of even if already done in AoS. He would likely be cool with Disney+ shows also since he still does TV or has recently with Ballers I think it was called.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Could be interesting he was another character I was thinking of even if already done in AoS. He would likely be cool with Disney+ shows also since he still does TV or has recently with Ballers I think it was called.

Didn't realise Absorbing Man was on AoS. Giving it more thought though, The Rock should play General Fortean in the Immortal Hulk movie that will never be made.

Kevin Hart should still be Puck though.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Disney Reportedly Paying Comics Creators $5,000 for Movie/ TV Adaptions

Not a good look Disney, you greedy bastards.

Report: Disney Is Only Paying Comics Creators $5,000 for Work It's Adapted for Billions
Marvel and other studios are once again under fire for paying comics creators a pittance for their work.

It’s been largely understood that most creators at the Big Two and in mainstream comics are generally “work-for-hire” contractors who have no ownership of the intellectual property they create for the publishers. Recently though, more and more comics creators have been speaking publicly about the experience of watching their ideas be capitalized on by some of the largest corporate juggernauts, only for the creators themselves to receive little to none of the financial profit generated by the properties derived from their work. While there have been multiple stories about comics creators getting the cold shoulder both from the comics companies and the film studios they’ve been connected to, a new report from the Guardian lays out in detail how the situations at Disney/Marvel and DC/Warner Bros./AT&T have been particularly galling.
According to the Guardian’s sources, Marvel’s standard approach to compensating writers or artists when their work appears in a Marvel Studios film is a flat $5,000 check along with an invitation to the film premiere. Writer Ed Brubaker—who along with artist Steve Epting, colorist Frank D’Armata, and letterer Randy Gentile, crafted the Captain America comics run that defined the Winter Soldier—previously spoke fairly openly about how he basically made nothing from the character’s jump to the MCU in multiple films and his own streaming series.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Disney Reportedly Paying Comics Creators $5,000 for Movie/ TV Adaptions

Not a good look Disney, you greedy bastards.

Report: Disney Is Only Paying Comics Creators $5,000 for Work It's Adapted for Billions
Marvel and other studios are once again under fire for paying comics creators a pittance for their work.

It’s been largely understood that most creators at the Big Two and in mainstream comics are generally “work-for-hire” contractors who have no ownership of the intellectual property they create for the publishers. Recently though, more and more comics creators have been speaking publicly about the experience of watching their ideas be capitalized on by some of the largest corporate juggernauts, only for the creators themselves to receive little to none of the financial profit generated by the properties derived from their work. While there have been multiple stories about comics creators getting the cold shoulder both from the comics companies and the film studios they’ve been connected to, a new report from the Guardian lays out in detail how the situations at Disney/Marvel and DC/Warner Bros./AT&T have been particularly galling.
According to the Guardian’s sources, Marvel’s standard approach to compensating writers or artists when their work appears in a Marvel Studios film is a flat $5,000 check along with an invitation to the film premiere. Writer Ed Brubaker—who along with artist Steve Epting, colorist Frank D’Armata, and letterer Randy Gentile, crafted the Captain America comics run that defined the Winter Soldier—previously spoke fairly openly about how he basically made nothing from the character’s jump to the MCU in multiple films and his own streaming series.
Not surprised.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Kevin Feige confirms that Riri Williams aka Ironheart will make her debut is Black Panther 2 but no mention if it will be as a civilian in school or as a superhero in her armor. The movie is filming at MIT and in the comics she is a student there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->