Movies: Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion - Part 4

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Vin Diesel is currently doing the rounds to promote Bloodshot, and the actor has dropped a bombshell by confirming that the Guardians of the Galaxy are set to appear in the upcoming Thor: Love and Thunder

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Yeah but that didn't mean they would be in the movie
The movie could have started after they dropped him off somewhere

It seemed pretty obvious to me as they were amusingly jockeying for leadership that this was something that would continue.

I'm not trying to be an asshole here, I just would have been more surprised if the Guardians of the Galaxy wouldn't be in it in some capacity.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
It seemed pretty obvious to me as they were amusingly jockeying for leadership that this was something that would continue.

I'm not trying to be an asshole here, I just would have been more surprised if the Guardians of the Galaxy wouldn't be in it in some capacity.
Or maybe it's just a big tease, we'll just see Thor with the team in their ship for the first 5 minutes of the movie

Reactions: NyQuil

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Not gonna lie. Thor + The Guardians of the Galaxy is the first MCU thing I'm genuinely anticipating. Like opening show tickets.

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
So Kevin Smith, on his podcast, talked about a rumor the Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock could be defending Peter Parker in Spider-Man 3.

I can't remember exactly what I've read before, but it was somewhere along the lines of the Netflix group weren't allowed to be featured in the MCU until two years after they wrapped up on Netflix.

That being said, that would be extremely cool if it happened.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I can't remember exactly what I've read before, but it was somewhere along the lines of the Netflix group weren't allowed to be featured in the MCU until two years after they wrapped up on Netflix.

Which would be in 2021.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
DD stopped in 2018... So 2020

I've seen that 2021 dropped by several outlets before. Maybe something about the ending of the contract year (EDIT: cancellation year) or something.

Hoping for ‘Daredevil’ and ‘Jessica Jones’ Revivals? It’s Going to Take Longer Than Just 2 Years

Netflix broke the hearts of comic book fans when it pulled the plug on all of its Marvel superhero shows, including “Daredevil,” “Jessica Jones,” “The Punisher,” “Luke Cage,” and “Iron Fist.” News broke last December (via Variety) that due to contractual reasons Disney would not be able to revive these series until two years after their cancellation, but IndieWire learned at the “Avengers: Endgame” premiere it’s going to be much longer than two years until fans see Daredevil again either on film or in a series on new streaming platform Disney+.

According to a production executive, Disney has been warned by lawyers not to even think about developing new content featuring the characters of Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and The Punisher until the two-year mark. The clarification is an important once, as it means Disney probably won’t be spending time during the next two years working on new material with these characters to launch new series in 2020. If Disney can’t even begin developing a new Daredevil series until 2020, then it’s going to take much longer than just two years for the character to return to the big or small screen. Another option is Disney does not revive the superheroes at all.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

It's actually 3 years but as Jussi mentioned by the time Spider-Man 3 is released it would be 3 years since Daredevil was cancelled.

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
So Kevin Smith, on his podcast, talked about a rumor the Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock could be defending Peter Parker in Spider-Man 3.
Nothing would make me happier than Holland’s Spidey meeting Cox’s DD.... well maybe Holland meeting Vinny D’s King Pin!

However he replied directly to the tweet saying he had ZERO inside info & just read the rumour online.

Places like MCU Direct have to stop being so clickbaity

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
I thought the actors from the Netflix series were well casted, except for Finn Jones, but I don't know if that's because he wasn't that good or just IF not being good in general

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Nothing would make me happier than Holland’s Spidey meeting Cox’s DD.... well maybe Holland meeting Vinny D’s King Pin!

However he replied directly to the tweet saying he had ZERO inside info & just read the rumour online.

Places like MCU Direct have to stop being so clickbaity

Who replied to what tweet?

I just posted it because it came from Kevin Smith and his fatman beyond podcast. Figured he likely has more "inside" information than most any other rumor source given he is an actor/director/producer and loves comics and has done work on comic book movies/shows before.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Turns out We Got This Covered posted the Cox in SM3 9 months ago. That site is 98% wrong (someone had actually done the math somewhere, John Campea mentioned it a while ago). :facepalm:

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
Who replied to what tweet?

I just posted it because it came from Kevin Smith and his fatman beyond podcast. Figured he likely has more "inside" information than most any other rumor source given he is an actor/director/producer and loves comics and has done work on comic book movies/shows before.
Who were you & I both talking about that was also talking about a rumour?
And it was to “MCU Direct”

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Off the top of my head some early contenders are

“I am Iron Man” (from his press conference not Endgame)

Thor arriving in Wakanda

Cap & Iron Mans fight..... just to show how far they had fallen after saving the world together twice as well as two times before individually.

Reactions: J T Money

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
could'nt find the thread for tvshow. but just started watching marvel's runaways. so far its good season 1 . whats everyones thoughts on it. if anyone has seen it

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
could'nt find the thread for tvshow. but just started watching marvel's runaways. so far its good season 1 . whats everyones thoughts on it. if anyone has seen it

I enjoyed season 1, but each season since has seen a decline. I think the final season has ended, but I have most of it saved on my pvr and haven't gotten around to watching it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad