Movies: Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Not including into the spider-verse i think the best Spider-Man movie (and maybe overall superhero movie) is the first Spider-Man with Toby.

Forever him walking away from Mary Jane will be my favorite scene

I think the film's campiness is so unlike anything in the MCU that this movie gets greatly under appreciated. When this movie came out it was simply mind blowing. Still has the best on-screen Spidey suit.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I think the film's campiness is so unlike anything in the MCU that this movie gets greatly under appreciated. When this movie came out it was simply mind blowing. Still has the best on-screen Spidey suit.

Nah. The static eyes are bad. That’s why Raimi was always looking for excuses to take it off.

I still very much remember waiting in line to see the original Raimi Spider-Man in 2002 and I liked it at the time but definitely do not like it now. I appreciate it for what it is, but it’s not really what I am/was looking for in superhero movie.

I love the MCU Spider-Man. That first little montage in homecoming is maybe still my favourite Spider-Man scene ever.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Yes. Basically the point is Shang Chi isn't a guarantee to be hugely successful in China. I mean if there were any positive reactions AFTER the Comic Con announcement there would be articles that would mention it like the articles about the Mulan reactions. Disney especially would want any positive Chinese reactions to be released but so far there hasn't been anything to dispute it.

I won't dismiss that sentiment may change once the trailer releases either.

I'd say the key point here is that a Chinese super hero doesn't fill the same type of vacuum that a leading black or female super hero did. While there are no Chinese hero's yet in the MCU, China has their own established entertainment market with plenty of fictional heroes to go around so it's more of a novelty factor like say Thor would be to Scandinavians. You'll probably see a boost among Asian's living in the West but we're talking about those big potential China $$$'s here, the movie will probably just have to stand on it's own merit and the existing MCU brand there.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Wyatt Russell cast as John Walker in WS+Falcon

thats a great casting, im a huge fan of Russell and was hoping he would find his way into the MCU

im guessing hes gonna be the dude the government wants to be Cap

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

thats a great casting, im a huge fan of Russell and was hoping he would find his way into the MCU

That's funny as I just watched Overlord on Netflix yesterday.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018

Wyatt is gonna have to hit the gym

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Two Starks in the same film

Little surprised by BP2 in the May slot, when February was so successful last time, but that May slot does seem to be the place for the highest profile projects.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
be0bf4cecd9a3c91e6dd94e5d92dbc20.jpg

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
The Eternals looks sweet. Amazing cast.

Marvel is in an interesting place. It's going to be hard to replace Iron Man and Cap, partly because of nostalgia, but they have a bright looking future. The Spiderman situation blows, though. Tom Holland was killing it and Spiderman was more relevant than he's been in years.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
This is going to be a lot of content to keep up with. Especially if theyre releasing one episode a week...which means series will be overlapping.

Dont get me wrong, more is not necessarily bad...but I just hope the content doesn't suffer.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
This is going to be a lot of content to keep up with. Especially if theyre releasing one episode a week...which means series will be overlapping.

Dont get me wrong, more is not necessarily bad...but I just hope the content doesn't suffer.

I think the series are all going to be shorter, limited episode runs (ie 8 to 10 episodes each). I don't think they'll overlap.

I'm curious though on whether they're treating these as one and done type series, or are they going to explore second seasons for stuff that's popular. Then, you may need to start overlapping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad