Movies: Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
I have enjoyed Marvel movies and personally expect to enjoy their future offerings. But I understand fully with anyone looking to jump off the bandwagon at this point, or even rooting a bit for its decline.

Whenever it does decline, something else will come along and replace it as a dominant force in our pop culture. I don't know what or when that may be, but, I'm definitely curious.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
In light of the Sony-Disney break-up in regards to Spiderman, there does seem to be this cult-like faction coming out of the woodwork that is very anti-MCU. Not sure if they actually think Sony has had a successful track record with Spiderman since 2004 or if it's just based on wanting to be a nonconformist in some sense and go against the crowd.

Could a MCU decline happen? Sure, but until it does happen Marvel has earned the benefit of the doubt, and with the FOX purchase they have a ton of new stories to tell. Not to mention if Sony gets sold, Spiderman ends up back in the MCU.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Why? It’s not like Marvel is the only movie stuff I pay attention to or like.

Because my expectation that Marvel won't be able to match what they just pulled off was considered as hoping for them to fail.

You took my expectations (I've been wrong before and will be again) personally for some weird reason.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
GHOST RIDER : Marvel Studios Rumored To Have Plans For The Satanic Superhero On The Big Screen.

GHOST RIDER: Marvel Studios Rumored To Have Plans For The Satanic Superhero On The Big Screen

RedPerfumedAmazontreeboa-size_restricted.gif

original.gif

Last edited:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Hulu not going forward with the Ghost Rider show.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/hulu-has-reportedly-killed-ghost-rider-1838455969

Hulu just did something hundreds of evil villains couldn’t do in the pages of Marvel Comics. It killed Ghost Rider.
Deadline reports the streaming service has pulled the plug on the planned show citing “a creative impasse which could not be resolved.” It’s unknown if Marvel will be able, or wants to, shop Ghost Rider to another outlet—or perhaps even bring it over to Disney’s other streaming service, the upcoming Disney+—but the other series announced for Hulu alongside Ghost Rider, Helstrom, is apparently still in the works.

Reactions: Guardian17

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Hulu not going forward with the Ghost Rider show.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/hulu-has-reportedly-killed-ghost-rider-1838455969

Hulu just did something hundreds of evil villains couldn’t do in the pages of Marvel Comics. It killed Ghost Rider.
Deadline reports the streaming service has pulled the plug on the planned show citing “a creative impasse which could not be resolved.” It’s unknown if Marvel will be able, or wants to, shop Ghost Rider to another outlet—or perhaps even bring it over to Disney’s other streaming service, the upcoming Disney+—but the other series announced for Hulu alongside Ghost Rider, Helstrom, is apparently still in the works.

I hope this means we'll get a rebooted movie version!

GHOST RIDER No Longer Moving Forward Due To Reported "Creative Differences" Between Marvel And Hulu

‘Marvel’s Ghost Rider’ Live-Action Series Not Going Forward At Hulu – Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->