Movies: Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I think the series are all going to be shorter, limited episode runs (ie 8 to 10 episodes each). I don't think they'll overlap.

I'm curious though on whether they're treating these as one and done type series, or are they going to explore second seasons for stuff that's popular. Then, you may need to start overlapping.

Loki series already confirmed 6 one hour episodes and I think at least one other as well.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth

I’m starting to agree with the theories that this show is going to be similar to the comic run of Vision, with a House of M twist to it. Wanda is going to create her own reality where Vision is alive, but then it gets out of control and she turns into the villain in for the Doctor Strange movie.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

I’m starting to agree with the theories that this show is going to be similar to the comic run of Vision, with a House of M twist to it. Wanda is going to create her own reality where Vision is alive, but then it gets out of control and she turns into the villain in for the Doctor Strange movie.

Apparently Katherine Hahn is playing a "nosy neighbor" and the show will be half sitcom, half MCU spectacular:

WandaVision Is Half Sitcom, Half MCU Spectacular

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg

Interesting that in the background is the silhouette of the Vision and Scarlet Witch with her headdress from the comic books.

Scarlet-Witch-Wanda-Maximoff-x-men-comics-26627339-159-317.jpg

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Red Skull was transported to Vormir because he wanted to use/abuse an Infinity Stone (Space Stone) for selfish gain....

How did Thanos collect all 6 without something happening to him? While his actual intention wasn't selfish, it was still for a bad cause/reason.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
Red Skull was transported to Vormir because he wanted to use/abuse an Infinity Stone (Space Stone) for selfish gain....

How did Thanos collect all 6 without something happening to him? While his actual intention wasn't selfish, it was still for a bad cause/reason.

He had to kill the daughter he really cared for to get the soul stone. He also lost the ability to use his arm. And he lost his closest subordinates. When he snaps initially what does the scene with young Gamora say? "What did it cost?" "Everything."

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
He had to kill the daughter he really cared for to get the soul stone. He also lost the ability to use his arm. And he lost his closest subordinates. When he snaps initially what does the scene with young Gamora say? "What did it cost?" "Everything."

That is true, my point was that Red Skull was cursed for eternity for wanting to use a stone for selfish gain, so one would think why didn't the same happen to Thanos who wanted to abuse 6 of them.

Maybe it has to do with how powerful he is or something (he is able to hold the stones with his bare hand, while a mortal like Red Skull was pulled into a portal when he touched one)

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
The key to enjoying the MCU is to not think too much about the specifics.

Why didn't Thanos use the reality stone to turn literally everyone into ribbons and diced cubes like he did to Drax & Mantis on Knowhere?

The answer is because that would be boring.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
I mean in his mind his motives are altruistic. He saw his home land collapse because of over population. He didn’t want the galaxy to suffer the same fate. To him he’s doing the right thing. Red Skull was only ever about power and abuse of it. Thanos had, in his mind, the betterment of living kind with his plan.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
The key to enjoying the MCU is to not think too much about the specifics.

Why didn't Thanos use the reality stone to turn literally everyone into ribbons and diced cubes like he did to Drax & Mantis on Knowhere?

The answer is because that would be boring.

Good point cause realistically he could have just used the stones to make more resources. Instead his plan backfires and he also eliminates animals that could be used for food.

I wonder if they'll ever do a Thanos prequel movie. I.E. from when he lived on Titian, to its collapse to his conquest of the galaxy, research of the stones and the building of the black order. Would be cool IMO. Plus he's considered arguably the smartest being in the galaxy so it wouldn;t just be some dumb diabolical villain we're watching.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I mean in his mind his motives are altruistic. He saw his home land collapse because of over population. He didn’t want the galaxy to suffer the same fate. To him he’s doing the right thing. Red Skull was only ever about power and abuse of it. Thanos had, in his mind, the betterment of living kind with his plan.

Better to just stick with the "mad" part of his mad titan title, that disaster happened on his own planet due to overpopulation so dammit he's just going to wipe out half of everyone. Because it's just nuts to think that would solve everything and you can hang up the gauntlet after. Some populations the last thing they need right now is to be cut in half (Asgardians), and others give them 50-100 years and they can easily repopulate back to where they were before (humans). I mean that should be obvious, Thanos is just nuts.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
Better to just stick with the "mad" part of his mad titan title, that disaster happened on his own planet due to overpopulation so dammit he's just going to wipe out half of everyone. Because it's just nuts to think that would solve everything and you can hang up the gauntlet after. Some populations the last thing they need right now is to be cut in half (Asgardians), and others give them 50-100 years and they can easily repopulate back to where they were before (humans). I mean that should be obvious, Thanos is just nuts.

Oh sure, he’s absolutely mad. But in his head his reasoning is altruistic. It’s not about ruling the world like Red Skull, it’s about culling the heard for the greater good in his lost thought. That’s part of the reason he could yield the stones.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
I still hold out hope but if Spider-Man doesn't return to the MCU it will be one of the big blunders of this decade in film. It was literally his time to finally have a great portrayal with great writers and let him be the face of the MCU.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Sony has already ruined Spidey twice, and I have zero confidence in them righting the ship. They haven't released a good comicbook movie since Spider-Man 2. And no, Venom wasn't that good and was only passable because of Tom Hardy.

Reactions: Shockmaster

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Sony has already ruined Spidey twice, and I have zero confidence in them righting the ship. They haven't released a good comicbook movie since Spider-Man 2. And no, Venom wasn't that good and was only passable because of Tom Hardy.

Sony also knows Marvel/Disney probably need him more than they do. MCU's grand plan was to have Holland/Spidey as the new face now that RDJ is done (plus Evans/Cap), if they don't make a deal their plan goes in the garbage.

He's pretty much the most liked/popular superhero ever, or at least in Marvel. They really need him more than Sony does.

A good example being the Andrew Garfield movies were complete crap and a waste of time, but Sony still made a ton of monney on them.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Sony also knows Marvel/Disney probably need him more than they do. MCU's grand plan was to have Holland/Spidey as the new face now that RDJ is done (plus Evans/Cap), if they don't make a deal their plan goes in the garbage.

He's pretty much the most liked/popular superhero ever, or at least in Marvel. They really need him more than Sony does.

A good example being the Andrew Garfield movies were complete crap and a waste of time, but Sony still made a ton of monney on them.
Yeah but the split may piss off a lot of fans and stop them from going to see the movies

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

John Campea talked about that last week or so, the point was that neither really needs the other one now. Spidey wasn't going to be featured in Phase 4 anyways and with the First Family and X-Men back in the fold, they can become the new faces in Phase 5. Feige's way too smart about comic to not have a plan B.

Sony didn't make a lot of money on the ASM movies, as both failed to break the the billion club by 200-300 million.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
John Campea talked about that last week or so, the point was that neither really needs the other one now. Spidey wasn't going to be featured in Phase 4 anyways and with the First Family and X-Men back in the fold, they can become the new faces in Phase 5. Feige's way too smart about comic to not have a plan B.

Sony didn't make a lot of money on the ASM movies, as both failed to break the the billion club by 200-300 million.

And being that Sony hasn't produced a good Spider-Man movie on their own in 15 years, I would say there's immense pressure on them to get this right after pulling out of the MCU. Given how meh Venom was, there isn't a lot to look forward to.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018

Pretty sure I remember reading that they made a small profit on ASM and lost money on the sequel

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Pretty sure I remember reading that they made a small profit on ASM and lost money on the sequel

Making a small profit isn't good enough for a studious when they fund movies through investors and tell their investors 'it should make $x million profit'. It's best not to lose money of course so that's good but the target they're aiming for to rate success is the over/under on x.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad