Movies: Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
i'm slowly catching up on al the marvel movies.
do i need to see Guardians of the Galaxy too?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Absolutely. For my money it's the MCU's best movie.

okay :) i'll watch it after Thor: Dark World.
so far I've seen Iron man 1 -2-3 (though I don't remember 2 or 3) :laugh:
Avengers age of Ultron (watching #1 now)
Thor 1
Captain America 2 and 3 (have to watching 1)
and Doctor Strange. or and Ant Man.

i just wasn't sure if Guardians was a must too. but i'll go for it now.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
pveiz60iys3hpxm1gthf.jpg

h7ehay4jpdw9smuzvk6h.jpg

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Hawkeye moving closer to his comic colors? Posted by the Rusos' from set of Avengers 4 with the words "beginning the end"

20728987_1046940722108526_3609238578333703528_o.jpg

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Looks like Sam Jackson is not happy that he has not been asked to appear in Avengers 3/4 and especially Black Panther so far. He is not even sure about Captain Marvel even though Marvel said Fury is in the movie.

I wasn’t in the ‘superhero argument’ movie [‘Captain America: Civil War’], I’m not in ‘Avengers 3 and 4’. They’re shooting them now, and they haven’t called me yet. They wouldn’t let me go to ‘Black Panther’-ville, so it’s kinda like how you gonna make a black Marvel movie and not let Nick Fury show up in it?!

On the same tack, the highest grossing actor of all time isn’t sure if he’ll appear in Captain Marvel, either... despite the fact Marvel announced Nick Fury’s involvement in the movie at San Diego Comic-Con.

I haven’t signed a contract, haven’t seen a script. I talked to Brie [Larson] the other day and she didn’t say anything, she’s the only person I know that’s actually in the movie. I’ve been rumored to be in several different Marvel movies that I haven’t shown up in.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
How would they not have the man who assembled the Avengers in the first place be in the movie where they face their biggest threat yet and perhaps the biggest one they'll ever face. It's the whole point of the Avengers and what Fury built. That'd be pretty lame if he isn't in the movies

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
i'm slowly catching up on al the marvel movies.
do i need to see Guardians of the Galaxy too?

It's probably the most important one to watch. That & Captain America Winter Soldier. If you're looking for ones to skip, skip the Thor movies, Ant-Man, Dr. Strange, Iron Man 3, Avengers Age of Ultron. The network TV shows are boring and uneventful too (Agents of SHIELD, Agent Carter).

Not part of the MCU, but definitely skip the newest Fantastic Four flick.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
Looks like Sam Jackson is not happy that he has not been asked to appear in Avengers 3/4 and especially Black Panther so far. He is not even sure about Captain Marvel even though Marvel said Fury is in the movie.

I thought it was super dumb he wasn't in Civil War. If he's not in Black Panther... damn.

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
It's probably the most important one to watch. That & Captain America Winter Soldier. If you're looking for ones to skip, skip the Thor movies, Ant-Man, Dr. Strange, Iron Man 3, Avengers Age of Ultron. The network TV shows are boring and uneventful too (Agents of SHIELD, Agent Carter).

Not part of the MCU, but definitely skip the newest Fantastic Four flick.

I'm not sure how one could skip Ultron with how much the events of that film influenced Civil War and for sure Infinity Wars. Thor's sure but I'd watch the latest just to get some answers on Banner.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
I'm not sure how one could skip Ultron with how much the events of that film influenced Civil War and for sure Infinity Wars. Thor's sure but I'd watch the latest just to get some answers on Banner.

Yeah true, to follow the story it's important I suppose. I just felt it could be skipped because it isn't very good.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
James Gunn hinting the Nova would be in GotG vol3 and that the movie would set the base for the next 10 years+ of the MCU.

James Gunn revealed Marvel is considering introducing Nova to their roster of characters, and that the third Guardians movie will set-up “the next 10-20 years of Marvel movies”.

Nova comes up occasionally as someone we might use. One of the things I’m doing with creating Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 – that will take place after the next two Avengers movies – and it will help to setup the next 10-20 years of Marvel movies. It’s going to really expand the cosmic universe. We’re going to be setting up new characters. It will be the last movie of this version of Guardians of the Galaxy.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Stan Lee Is Confident Marvel Studios Is Working On Regaining The X-MEN And FANTASTIC FOUR Rights.

"Sooner or later, they’re going to get the rights back to all our characters," Lee promises. "They’re working on it, and they’re still making X-Men movies and stuff. Don’t worry about it. You’ll get more Marvel superheroes than you’ll have time to look at in the next few years."

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-me...g-the-x-men-and-fantastic-four-rights-a153809

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad