Not open for further replies.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA

o_O

That's it. A cover story. No trailer.

:thumbd:

edit:

I guess this chick has some legit connections. She knew it wasn't the trailer.

Last edited:

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
That image looks like they photoshopped her head on and the suit looks like they combined Spidey and Ironman lol.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
There are stills from the actual movie in the article. It looks much better in those.

EW tends to photoshop the living hell out of their cover subjects.

Reactions: shello

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
There are stills from the actual movie in the article. It looks much better in those.

EW tends to photoshop the living hell out of their cover subjects.

Yeah, something about that EW cover just looks off......

The other pictures are really good though.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
New rumor popping up is Marvel has booked studio time in London that was supposed to be for the Bond 25 film that has been put on hold while it looks for a new director. Seems that the time could possibly be for auditions for a Guy Ritchie directed Captain Britain...time will tell I guess.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
New rumor popping up is Marvel has booked studio time in London that was supposed to be for the Bond 25 film that has been put on hold while it looks for a new director. Seems that the time could possibly be for auditions for a Guy Ritchie directed Captain Britain...time will tell I guess.
So is Captain Britain Captain America of GB? If so, I would see it, especially if Guy Ritchie is the director (love a lot of his movies).

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
So is Captain Britain Captain America of GB? If so, I would see it, especially if Guy Ritchie is the director (love a lot of his movies).
Yes and no. yes in that he protects Britain like Captain America does the US etc. But unlike Steve Rogers, he didn't get his abilities from a super soldier serum but instead via mystical means in the form of an amulet from Merlyn, yes that Merlyn which was later changed to Merlyn moving the powers from the amulet to a costume. Basically this is the Marvel take on the Arthurian tale.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Looks like Disney is going to go all out with their new steaming service as they are supposedly looking at a show about Loki and another for the Scarlet Witch and yes Tom Hiddleston and Elizabeth Olsen would be reprising their roles from the films. They are going all in as the shows would not cheap out costing in the area of major studio productions.

Given that these will presumably be shows directly tying in to the state of Marvel’s movie universe—and have the freedom to be set at any point during the MCU timeline, so they could, for example, dance around the events of Avengers: Infinity War—they’re expected to cost a princely sum, with the cost of each series “rivaling those of a major studio productions” according to Variety. On top of that, each six-to-eight-episode-long series will be overseen by Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige, to better mesh the events of the shows and movies together.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/report-loki-and-scarlet-witch-could-get-their-own-show-1829156028

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
finally watched black panther

it was pretty good but i expected it to be better. fight scenes looked pretty bad

still a really good movie but after already seeing civil war and IW i thought this would be incredible

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Yeah the hype for Black Panther greatly exceeded its execution. If movie critics (who are overwhelmingly white) had a more rational response to it then there wouldn't have been nearly as much "controversy" over what was a perfectly serviceable superhero origin story. But white movie critics have to display their SJW bonafides at all times and so anything other than unqualified praise was perceived as white supremacy in action.

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
finally watched black panther

it was pretty good but i expected it to be better. fight scenes looked pretty bad

still a really good movie but after already seeing civil war and IW i thought this would be incredible
With two guys in suits, there is no excuse not to use more practical effects/stunt doubles instead of CGI for fight scenes.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
One of my few gripes with Black Panther. The final fight scene was a corny CGI mess. Especially disappointing considering how cool their first fight on the cliff was

Say Hey Kid

War, children, it's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Sep 19, 2008
Just waiting for the movie.

main-qimg-17d0e3ff6231b8a4ebce523262012563-c

Reactions: JackStraw

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

• Ability to control the Power Primordial which grants him with;
  • Virtually Unlimited Effects Creation ability
  • Limited Shape-Shifting
  • Precognition
  • Telepathy
  • Immortality
You posted once that the Collector has no powers. Wrong.

What?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Possible leaked Black Widow movie plot synopsis:

Possible Synopsis For Black Widow Movie Reveals Some Of The Plot

“At birth, the Black Widow (aka Natasha Romanova) is given to the KGB, which grooms her to become its ultimate operative. When the U.S.S.R. breaks up, the government tries to kill her as the action moves to present-day New York, where she is a freelance operative. The standalone film will find Romanoff living in the United States 15 years after the fall of the Soviet Union.”

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Which makes little sense in that the current day Romanov is in her 30s and would have been a child in the late 80s. That is unless it is suddenly revealed that like in the comics she does have certain "powers" given to her by a similar serum as Bucky that includes slowing her aging process.. In the comics she is born in 1928.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Which makes little sense in that the current day Romanov is in her 30s and would have been a child in the late 80s. That is unless it is suddenly revealed that like in the comics she does have certain "powers" given to her by a similar serum as Bucky that includes slowing her aging process.. In the comics she is born in 1928.

Apparently she's born 1984 in the MCU which makes her 34.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad