Movies: Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Had it not been for Jeff Goldblum's appearance, dare I say, Ragnarok may have been the perfect superhero movie
It's funny you say that as many people loved him in the role. Really shows, reading the above comments, that getting 100% agreement for this type of movie is almost impossible yet Marvel still manages to put out all these successful movies.

Last edited:

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Will be awesome if we start getting good DC movies. I'm not convinced that bringing in Gunn is a magic bullet of any sorts, but at least it is a reason for a little bit of optimism and intrigue.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Will be awesome if we start getting good DC movies. I'm not convinced that bringing in Gunn is a magic bullet of any sorts, but at least it is a reason for a little bit of optimism and intrigue.

true, but if there's a DC property that seems to fit him the best it would be Suicide Squad.

Especially since the 1st one looked like DC tried to copy Guardians...flashy, lots of colors, insert a truckload of older popular music, constant quips...

also this feels like it's DC's last gasp at breaking through. I feel like if this doesnt work out it'll be the last straw for those holding out hope for the DCEU

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Tomorrow morning apparently.

And Spider-Man 2 trailer this week as well.

I wonder if they arent going to reveal something big from Avengers 4 just so that all the marketing for the 3 movies makes a bit more sense.

Reactions: HFBCommenter

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Avengers 4 is rumored to not be released tomorrow because of Bush's funeral. They havent officially announced that it was going to drop tomorrow but it being delayed is the latest rumor. Makes sense as I am sure GMA will be covering the funeral.

I dont get the teasing of these trailers. They could literally upload the trailer to youtube anytime and its going to get an insane amount of views. This is clearly one movie that doesnt need smoke and mirrors to get publicity so I don't understand all the trickery. I still think the whole "we arent going to tell you the title!" gimmick is getting old.

If the trailer is ready just put it online. No one watches day time tv anyway.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006

See now I dont understand that at all. No one is asking for that trailer and it will probably confuse the shit out of the general public who saw Infinity War but dont know there is another spiderman movie coming out yet.

Give the people the A4 trailer they want then after the holidays start hyping up captain marvel. Disney is really annoying with this stuff.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Over the summer I slowly started catching up on all of the Marvel stuff in order. I am currently watching Thor: Ragnarok but I am struggling. I can't tell if it is a Comic Book movie or a Scary Movie style spoof of a comic book movie. It feel like the comic relief has overtaken the drama so far (I'm only like an hour in) and at that point it is no longer comic relief at that point, it's just a comedy.

Now Thor is riding through some kind of digital ride to the tune of Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. It all feels a little too much on the nose.

Supremely overrated movie. It's ok at best and people seemed to have loved it. I just watched a fewdays ago and I was really disappointed.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
See now I dont understand that at all. No one is asking for that trailer and it will probably confuse the **** out of the general public who saw Infinity War but dont know there is another spiderman movie coming out yet.

Give the people the A4 trailer they want then after the holidays start hyping up captain marvel. Disney is really annoying with this stuff.

The execs who come up with these ideas have one thing in mind: what makes the most money. Nothing else matters.

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
See now I dont understand that at all. No one is asking for that trailer and it will probably confuse the **** out of the general public who saw Infinity War but dont know there is another spiderman movie coming out yet.

Spider-Man isn’t distributed by Disney though. That’s something you should get on Sony about

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Rumors that the Avengers 4 trailer will debut tomorrow at 9am ET, but the title may not be revealed.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The Russo Brothers are at The Game Awards tonight and are supposed to announce something.

The trailer might drop within the hour if we are lucky!

EDIT: it was Fortnite related.... :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: HFBCommenter
Sep 19, 2008
so yeah I have to watch Ant man and the Wasp legally now because it explains where he's been in Endgame. Maybe that might explain the end of the trailer. I skipped that movie, but saw IW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad