Value of: Marner/Nylander vs. Boeser

Who is worth the most?

• Total voters

moegillknee

Jul 30, 2016
Marner is the most developed and is going to have a monster year.
Despite putting up 61pts last year Nylander had a bit of a second year lapse . i expect 70 to 80 pts this year leafs need to lock him up long term.
Brock may find the leaque checking him far closer .how he adapts will determine if he matches last yrs totals.following years as canucks get better he has a chance to be a top goal scorer.
Marner is the best now and will be in the future but both the others will not be too far back but will be paid much less. Great for all fans

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Marner and its not even close, and then much further down the list...

Boeser/Nylander

Reactions: Cotton

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
Probably not a great comparison - Boeser averaged nearly an extra minute of PP time a game, as well as 62.5% OZ starts to Nylanders 50%

Basically Boeser was used as a sheltered PP guy, and delivered.

Need to see if he can do that playing a full season in all situations now.

Fair point on the zone starts and ice time. But I wouldnt say he was sheltered much. He got the tough minutes against a lot of the tougher pairings

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
I know Leafs fans are going to hate me for asking this but I have not watched Nylander play that many times. Isnt he pretty much Jordan Eberle? Serious question. Looking for some insight please.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I know Leafs fans are going to hate me for asking this but I have not watched Nylander play that many times. Isnt he pretty much Jordan Eberle? Serious question. Looking for some insight please.
JUST Curious why Eberle? As they are not similar at all.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

if you mean a softie point collector and not much else then yes.

Other than that they are not alike

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
I'll take the guy that has 40-goal potential, and who was able to score 20-goals before Christmas.

Reactions: Tryampled

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I think Brock is getting underrated a bit. Yeah his sh% was probably inflated a bit but he still scored at a 70 point pace with a emphasis on goals(38 goal pace) in his rookie season.

He should be a notch above Marner now for sure Imo.
You think it's Nylander
Bowser
Marner and not Marner, Bowser, Nylander?

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Nylander has been in the NHL two full years. Boeser wasn’t there in 2016-17 till the last two weeks and was better than Nylander last year soooo
One season of play and that is arguable given his sht pct. Sooooo.

Boeser is a prime candidate of being overrated running on short sample sizes. Gimme Nylander.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Funny how my first feeling as an answer was "not-Nylander", then I voted and when I saw the results, this coinflip between Boeser and Marner was just about right.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
I remember after Marner and Nylanders rookie seasons the big thing around here was that they needed to do it again to prove it wasn't a fluke.

Marner was ppg his last 53 games after he struggled out of the gate, then went ppg+ in the playoffs (is 13pts in 13gp in two post seasons and about 17pts shy of being ppg for his career)

But Brock Boeser put up some points with favourable usage for 60 game, so no need for the kid to have to prove it was no fluke.

And even if it wasn't a fluke, Marner is still the better player.

Reactions: jasonleaffan

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto

He plays nothing at all like Eberle so
I have no idea how you drew that comparison

He’s probably more similar to a prime and healthy Hemsky

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad