Value of: Marner/Nylander vs. Boeser

Who is worth the most?

• Total voters

Mar 26, 2010
When it's all said and done I feel like Marner will be on a completely different level than both of these guys. His ceiling is through the roof.
Yeah, Marner is insanely skilled. Off the charts good.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Boeser has more value to his team than either of the other two do to theirs.

you could make that case for almost any of the top nucks players over any of the top leafs players

boeser is also more important to his team than tavares (leafs 105pt team without JT)
doesnt mean he is better

Feb 24, 2017
I reckon on how you personally value the following:

Marner just may be the most important, or best, player on a Stanley Cup contender

Boeser being taken off the Canucks would be relatively cataclysmic, and may actually make things so toxic in Vancouver that ownership may need to make drastic changes

Nylander may be the difference between another first round exit, and playing deep into May, June? Aka what he could return to round out their D with an impact player on the back

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Boeser has more value to his team than either of the other two do to theirs.
I think that speaks more to the lack of comparable talent surrounding him. Doesn't increase his overall worth.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
All these opinions are useless. Especially because of the small gap existing between Marner > Boeser and then a large gap between Boeser > Nylander.

Reality doesn't add up with these gaps.

Marner was trash first half of the season. Large gap between him and Nylander. Nylander was easily a tier above to begin the season.

Second half total 180. Marner was the best player on the team and created a large gap between him and Nylander. Nylander was having a hard time finding his game when Matthews got injured. Marner finally hit a groove with Kadri.

To early to tell who will be better of the 3 or take any homer opinions serious (the ones who claim so confidently there exists a gap between any).

They're all amazing and will probably continue to flip flop in terms of whose better at times.

Crow

May 19, 2014
you could make that case for almost any of the top nucks players over any of the top leafs players

boeser is also more important to his team than tavares (leafs 105pt team without JT)
doesnt mean he is better
No but it means it would take a bit more to acquire him so he has more value.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I really really like Marner. Brock could overtake him, but it’s not what I would bet. Can’t see Nylander overtaking anyone sans injuries.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
All these opinions are useless. Especially because of the small gap existing between Marner > Boeser and then a large gap between Boeser > Nylander.

Reality doesn't add up with these gaps.

Marner was trash first half of the season. Large gap between him and Nylander. Nylander was easily a tier above to begin the season.

Second half total 180. Marner was the best player on the team and created a large gap between him and Nylander. Nylander was having a hard time finding his game when Matthews got injured. Marner finally hit a groove with Kadri.

To early to tell who will be better of the 3 or take any homer opinions serious (the ones who claim so confidently there exists a gap between any).

They're all amazing and will probably continue to flip flop in terms of whose better at times.

So while I agree that things can change quickly with kids, I think most of Marner’s change was role and linemates.

nucksauce

Oct 30, 2013
Vancouver vs. Toronto threads always seems to get so toxic, so it's nice to see this one stay on track for more than a few pages.

As a Nuck fan myself I have my biasis for certain players but this one's pretty simple to factor. As mentioned before Boeser is one season in as a pro (not even a full season) you can already see what he brings to the table and the pure game changer he is on a nightly basis, Marner too. I don't get that same 'thing" from Nylander, of course he is a fantastic young talent but I just don't have him ahead of the other two.

Marner is the clear leader of the three for now, I do see potentially Boeser surpassing him if he can stay healthy and have relatively reliable linemates. Marner has been able to show he is only getting better consistently over the past 2 years and quite possibly could end up even being the best forward on his own team.

I think this honestly should have bee Matthews vs Marner vs Boeser, yes Matthews would be a top but i feel it's much closer

Last edited:

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
The Sedins were playing behind Boeser(and Horvat) actually.

not initially

he was slated to start the season on the third line with burmi and gagner then was scratched for the first two games.

no one expected that breakout season so to compare him with two guys who were already producing and expected to do so, is odd and just makes this thread look like flame bait

he may very well repeat last year's pre injury success, but let's see it first

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Marner and Boeser are close in value. Personally I'd rather have Boeser.

Nylander doesnt belong here.

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
Nylander has the talent and production to be a legitimate 1st line centre, he's just not needed there. The gap between him and the other two isnt as wide as some are putting it out to be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad